• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Sutton, Saturday 12th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Adam Crowther

• Joe Gubbins

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • James Morton

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 81 80.2%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 70 69.3%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • George Wind

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 78 77.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Kev style to change the team unless there are injuries so expect same starting eleven as Tuesday night with similar substitutions as well.
Would expect in the near future once Bonne is fully match fit he will replace Pepple

Much will depend on how Bonnie trains I expect to decide whether he plays first 60 or last 20. Other than that no changes.

People and Bonne won’t start together as then one would need to play 90 up top on their own.

Last edited:
Much will depend on how Bonnie trains I expect to decide whether he plays first 60 or last 90. Other than that no changes.

People and Bonne won’t start together as then one would need to play 90 up top on their own.

Unless we sign another striker, of course, then we can theoretically start with both...

(am not ITK by the way - just a theory)

“We’ve got to keep building,” says Kevin Maher as Blues head into the weekend’s game against Sutton United with momentum on our side.

Following on from the come-from-behind draw against Dagenham & Redbridge, Maher’s team picked up a good point away at Oldham before playing excellently in the midweek win over Eastleigh.

He spoke about how happy he was with that result, but knows how crucial it is to back it up. “It was important to get the three points first and foremost because it keeps building the momentum.

“Right throughout the team, they all put a shift in and they all contributed without the ball too, but we’ve got to keep building.
“We’ve been getting better as the season’s gone on despite the changes in personnel.”

“Results build confidence and we look forward to the next game now. You’ve got to be prepared and be ready for what’s to come because it’ll be a team [Sutton] that will be smarting a bit and will want to react.

“We’ve been in this league long enough to know how tough it is. You’ve got to keep attacking every game.”

As the Head Coach touched upon, Sutton haven’t been in the best form of late, but knows that they’re capable.

“I watched them against Forest Green and there was nothing in that. It can happen in this league that you lose games, but I’ve got no doubt that they’ll come and give us a good game.”

He’s looking forward to welcoming their goalkeeper, former fans’ favourite Steve Arnold back to Roots Hall. “What a brilliant character and a brilliant person. He was brilliant here when he was playing for us and I’m sure he’ll get a warm welcome from everyone at the football Club.”

Maher was also pleased with the defensive record so far this season, which was embellished by a clean sheet on Tuesday. He was asked specifically about the form of Joe Gubbins.

“We’ve had changes in personnel but we’ve got a structure in place which they all know. I was pleased with the lads the other night against a top, top player in Paul McCallum but it’s another really tough one on Saturday.

“We know Joe quite well of course and he can provide an outlet for us with that left foot. Defensively as well, that’s the most important thing and he’s put in a number of good performances. That’s gone now, and we’ve got to back it up.”

I wouldnt straight out drop Pepple. What good would that do his confidence after that very good display. He surprised me with his energy, pace and strength. Won more headers upfront than Ive seen Cardwell achieve, so must also be a good leaper, blistering run with the ball too

Looks like Sutton will bring around 200 on Saturday.

Hope we start the same side and keep up the fast pass and move tempo.

I can't see Bonne starting just yet.

I'm projecting into the future a little tbh.

Bridge seemed to have lacked mobility recently (towards end of last season and beginning of this). I’d also have questioned his desire to get up and down the pitch like he needs to do in that position. But, if he can keep up the form and hard work which was on display at Oldham against Eastleigh, then he is still one of the first name on my team sheet. Got lots to offer when on form, don’t count him as on his way out just yet! 😉

I'm projecting into the future a little tbh.
Yes, you may well be right. One can envisage Walker and Bonne up top together, with Moncur in behind them.

I guess it will be up to Bridge to fight for his place either at LWB or CAM. I still can't believe I'm talking about a team without Bridge in it with how good he has been. That's the beauty of a squad and more specifically, being able to add to it.

I would expect the same starting 11 as Tuesday, unlike Kev to change winning team and they all deserve their places. Depending on how the match is going would expect similar subs too, unless we have a new signing which might change things a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back