• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Sutton, Saturday 12th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Adam Crowther

• Joe Gubbins

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • James Morton

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 81 80.2%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 70 69.3%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • George Wind

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 78 77.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
KM said:- “I watched them against Forest Green and there was nothing in that. It can happen in this league that you lose games, but I’ve got no doubt that they’ll come and give us a good game.”

He’s looking forward to welcoming their goalkeeper, former fans’ favourite Steve Arnold back to Roots Hall. “What a brilliant character and a brilliant person. He was brilliant here when he was playing for us and I’m sure he’ll get a warm welcome from everyone at the football Club.”

Last edited:
I obviously hope he has an absolute nightmare, but I can't wait to give Steeeevvvvveee a great reception. It's the kind of player every fan loves. A player that can make you smile even in the darkest of days, and he certainly played in a dark days. You could see he loved the club despite that, and absolutely adored the fans. He was also a fantastic keeper too.

For the love of god, those idiotic individuals that have booed the likes of Ben Coker, Brunt and Hayes, please keep your negative jibes to yourself. Arnie was a fantastic servant for us and would still be with us if it wasn't for the embargo and El Rato! Let's all show a bit of class and give him the welcome he deserves, that's what we should be about as a club.

I obviously hope he has an absolute nightmare, but I can't wait to give Steeeevvvvveee a great reception. It's the kind of player every fan loves. A player that can make you smile even in the darkest of days, and he certainly played in a dark days. You could see he loved the club despite that, and absolutely adored the fans. He was also a fantastic keeper too.

For the love of god, those idiotic individuals that have booed the likes of Ben Coker, Brunt and Hayes, please keep your negative jibes to yourself. Arnie was a fantastic servant for us and would still be with us if it wasn't for the embargo and El Rato! Let's all show a bit of class and give him the welcome he deserves, that's what we should be about as a club.

He will be getting a warm welcome from me but later he might get a "stevo what's the score" if we are comfortably winning

KM said:- “I watched them against Forest Green and there was nothing in that. It can happen in this league that you lose games, but I’ve got no doubt that they’ll come and give us a good game.”

He’s looking forward to welcoming their goalkeeper, former fans’ favourite Steve Arnold back to Roots Hall. “What a brilliant character and a brilliant person. He was brilliant here when he was playing for us and I’m sure he’ll get a warm welcome from everyone at the football Club.”
brilliant
PRI_162130421.jpg

Agree generally, but Brunt brought it on himself really

Agree generally, but Brunt brought it on himself really
I disagree, he was a very young lad coming in on loan and gave his all in very trying circumstances. He then had a brilliant chance to move to Notts County. At 20 years old and trying to better your career, it's a no brainer. I think fans take moves to heart, rather than looking at when they pulled on a Southend shirt. He gave 100% in every game, in very hard times. That's not easy for a 20 year old, so far from home. Anyone that gives our club their all, gets my respect. He at least had the decency to write a goodbye and thank you message, something that seems to have alluded Mr Cardwell.

Last edited:
I disagree, he was a very young lad coming in on loan and gave his all in very trying circumstances. He then had a brilliant chance to move to Notts County. At 20 years old and trying to better your career, it's a no brainer. I think fans take moves to heart, rather than looking at when they pulled on a Southend shirt. He game 100% in every game, in very hard times. That's not easy for a 20 year old, so far from home. Anyone that gives our club their all, gets my respect. He at least had the decency to write a goodbye and thank you message, something that seems to have alluded Mr Cardwell.
I think it was more his behaviour when he played against us at BW IIRC...

This is exactly why. And to be fair to the lad he gives it out and seems more than happy to take some back
That's fair enough of course. Again, I remember he got stick when we played Notts County. So probably revenge for that.

Like I said, booing ex players if they played well for you and did their best isn't necessary imo. I'm rather hopeful that won't happen for Arnie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back