• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Sutton, Saturday 12th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Adam Crowther

• Joe Gubbins

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • James Morton

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 81 80.2%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 70 69.3%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • George Wind

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 78 77.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

Nanu, Nanu⭐🦐
Staff member
After what was probably the best performance of the season against Eastleigh, we return to Roots Hall just a few days later looking for back to back home wins.

Saturday’s visitors will be Sutton United, relegated from League Two at the end of last season. Managed by former Millwall striker Steve Morison, and initially seemed to adapt well to life back in the fifth tier with two wins and three draws from their first five games. However the wheels have somewhat come off recently and they’ve lost their last three to FGR, Boston and Daggers - the last couple of games both to a 0-3 scoreline. The game should see a return to Roots Hall for Super Steve Arnold in goal for Sutton, he should get a decent reception from Shrimpers fans as he was a popular keeper who probably would have stayed but for the days of the dreaded Congolese soft drink, which thankfully are now fading to a distant memory.

As I said at the top, we of course had arguably our best performance of the season against Eastleigh on Tuesday and despite having more options available now it is difficult to see Kev not sticking with a winning side - barring any unknown injuries. Macauley Bonne probably didn’t sign to sit on the bench though so if he’s fit he may get a start up front, which would be a little harsh on young Bim.

So who would pick to start, and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
We should go into this game quite confident and them out of form.

Am I right that we have never played sutton before?

Keep the same team and get Bonne into the side a little earlier.

Steve Morrison had Hornchurch well clear at the top of the Isthmian league in 22/23 before a nightmare at the end of the season saw them drop off top and then lose out to Aveley in the playoffs.
Last season he had them comfortably top again, even with 6-8 players out injured they were a long way out in front and left the club in Feb amidst rumours he was off to a football league club, leaving Daryl Mcmahon to come in and finish the job of title winners and promotion to NLS.

That league club indeed was Sutton and struggling horribly in L2, Steve almost kept them up with a late run. There's no doubt for me that Steve, much like Maher, can galvanise a team into believing they can get wins and players like playing for him, i've been watching his progress with Sutton since he left Hornchurch.
I believe now is a good time to play them, as they try and re-group from a couple of batterings. I fully expdct Sutton to be up there at the end of the season but i fear he wont be looking forward to trying to get a result here. Think they'll come for a draw, expect them to close as much space as they can and stifle us.
Another 2-0 win fingers crossed.

Really? After an assist and a goal?

I guess our squad depth is starting to come into fruition if we are thinking about benching Bridge after Tuesday's performance.

If all are fit enough, that same 11 will start.
I make right there. There is no way that Maher will bin Jack Bridge, neither does he deserve it after Tuesday.

Whether by accident or design we seem to have found the right blend for the Eastleigh game. Whether that will work as well against Sutton remains to be seen, but surely we should not change anything going into the game, only if it is not working during the match.

We'll be unchanged barring injury and, Kev not one to change things up for the sake of it. Doubt Bonne is fit enough to start anyway.

Unchanged for me unless injuries dictate an enforced change.

Also wishing a great game to the person in West stand Block S, Row I Seat 63 who purchased a senior ticket yesterday at 12:16 but decided to give my name and address. If you would like your email receipt drop me a PM and i'll forward it on

Also wishing a great game to the person in West stand Block S, Row I Seat 63 who purchased a senior ticket yesterday at 12:16 but decided to give my name and address. If you would like your email receipt drop me a PM and i'll forward it on
Just print it up and give it to him in person on Saturday

Mr Super M Shrimper? That’s how I order all my tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back