• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Oldham Athletic, Saturday 5th August, 15:00ko, NL, All Ticket no pay on the day

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 109 79.6%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 107 78.1%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 97 70.8%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 106 77.4%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 106 77.4%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 102 74.5%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 105 76.6%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 94 68.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 83 60.6%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 107 78.1%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 82 59.9%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Win

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 54 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're an exile, or are out of the country on Saturday, then the game is available for live streaming here:

If you are in the UK you will not be able to see the fixture on the schedule, although if you a security aware computer user and use a VPN, then you might get a little peep.

Or if you sign up for an IPTV service

Or you could be an exile who is currently in the country but will be stuck in Lincolnshire for a bloody wedding! Gutted!!!

Eh? Firstly it was a joke (fairly obviously I think), and secondly you typed Shrimpet not me - I didn’t amend your post as you suggest. Just an odd and unnecessary overreaction!
My apologies, i am obviously a bit touchy at the moment. It was so good to have a thread about the game for a change rather than the thousands of posts on the never ending sale process and worry of it going nowhere all summer. I did not see the (fairly obvious) joke first thing this morning and assumed you thought different by amending my two words into bold letters so it read differntly to my intentions. My bad!

My apologies, i am obviously a bit touchy at the moment. It was so good to have a thread about the game for a change rather than the thousands of posts on the never ending sale process and worry of it going nowhere all summer. I did not see the (fairly obvious) joke first thing this morning and assumed you thought different by amending my two words into bold letters so it read differntly to my intentions. My bad!
No worries mate :Thumbs up: Hopefully Saturday will be the morale boost we all need!

Can't see anything but defeat, especially against a favoured side this season.
Had this been Maidenhead, I might have wavered.
But I think this is going to end in tears - and dependent on matters off the field, a vale of them right through to April.

Name me 5 things we’ve done this preseason which determines it as “good”.
Best bishops Stortford 4-1 beat canvey,think we are unbeaten! We have a group of players who finished 7th last year! We are stronger without hobson,Arnold was injured! Sandat played all of about 3 games! Wreh ok! Lopata I the biggest miss!

Can't see anything other then a southend win! The players we have know this division inside out and we finished 7th last year even with 7 loses in a row! Same team same players! Arnold didn't hardley play,wreh replaceable,sandat played all of about 3 games,casey never played! No excuses here,players have been paid and everyone else has so players can't down tools! Had a good preseason and players should be on a high.I also forgot to mention" I can't kick a ball straight Hobson" stronger without him In the side! Yes I'm feeling confident we can beat oldham.
You make my day always

I may of missed this with reading quickly through loads of posts, but is bridge not out of contract?? So can he play? I'm guessing so as he is included

We’re seriously undercooked in terms of our pre-season, and Kev’s tactical options are clearly very constrained in a number of ways.

However, we can put out an XI which contains proper first teamers from last season’s squad. The bench won’t include a lot of experience, but there’s some good young lads who’ll get a chance to show what they can do - and I reckon they will acquit themselves well.

IMO, talk of a thrashing by Oldham on Saturday is premature - although it’s certainly not the easiest fixture we could have drawn in the circumstances.

I predict smiles on the faces of Shrimpers come 5pm - maybe not a win, but something positive to build from.

I think we'll smash Oldham 1- nil. How we lost to them away last season, probably our worst performance, thought they looked pony. Think Hobbo is on the bench so far.
Fortress Roots Hall will rise.
This isn't a week for losing.
Away v Daggers though.. dont fancy that.
I suggest Kev wraps up the squad's legs with armour on the day, gawd knows what happens if they start hobbling off.
#againstallodds

can someone explain this:

We have 14 players under contract plus Ralph and Bridge on non contract, thats the 16 we are allowed. We know that Lomas is injured, Mooney may or may not be part of the squad if he wants out, that leaves 14. If Husin, Powell and Bridge are out after missing Canvey game (would assume as a precaution but we dont know) that would leave 11. How on earth do we play the game. Im certain also we cant use the kids unless they are registered.

Can anyone confirm this?

Head says SUFC 0 - 4 Oldham

Heart says we nick a late point 1 - 1 and we all have it off together in an outpouring of relief/distress/anxiety/euphoria

Honestly, if we, the crowd, cut them some necessary slack, (that includes you Shrimpet Steve) and the team give us the effort we know they have, namely 100%, then that will be enough for me, win, lose or draw. That said, it would be rather nice if we gave these Northern Monkeys a damn good shoeing as well. :Smile2:

ps: I'm getting excited for Saturday and it's only Tuesday now. I'll be a gibbering wreck by then I reckon.

If anyone else wants to buy an internatinal,monhly pass to watch the Oldham
(and other games) looks like they'll be available from tomorrow from the NL website.(NB Chelmsford City are dur t o play Arsenal tonight, apparently.

"The monthly pass will be made available after the end of the pre season games.

Please keep a look out on the subscription packages page."

been reading some of the oldham forums. Not seen their scores but some fans are not happy with their team. know they lost 3-0 at home to Mansfield last week. one thing we do have is team spirit and although short in numbers their are no new players to bed in or learn patterns of play. the starting 11 will know each other and the way kev wants them to play whereas Oldham are still bedding players in etc. A long shot but it may work in our favour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back