• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Oldham Athletic, Saturday 5th August, 15:00ko, NL, All Ticket no pay on the day

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 109 79.6%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 107 78.1%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 97 70.8%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 106 77.4%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 106 77.4%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 102 74.5%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 105 76.6%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 94 68.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 83 60.6%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 107 78.1%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 82 59.9%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Win

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 54 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they'll be the non contract players.
Bench
Clifford
Fonguck
Mooney (if he can be bothered)
Lomas too...again will he bother
Child goalkeeper?
Monies and Lomas are still under contract. They are all the other players got paid .So they should have the decency to play if picked

Ralph and Bridge have presumably signed non-contract terms as they featured in the friendlies.

Assuming Cardwell, Bridge and everyone is fit the bench would be be Coker, Clifford, Powell and, if they’re still around, Lomas and Mooney.
I suggest you presume correctly Yorkie.

Can't see anything other then a southend win! The players we have know this division inside out and we finished 7th last year even with 7 loses in a row! Same team same players! Arnold didn't hardley play,wreh replaceable,sandat played all of about 3 games,casey never played! No excuses here,players have been paid and everyone else has so players can't down tools! Had a good preseason and players should be on a high.I also forgot to mention" I can't kick a ball straight Hobson" stronger without him In the side! Yes I'm feeling confident we can beat oldham.

Last edited:
Can't see anything other then a southend win! The players we have know this division inside out and we finished 7th last year even with 7 loses in a row! Same team same players! Arnold didn't hardley play,wreh replaceable,sandat played all of about 3 games,casey never played! No excuses here,players have been paid and everyone else has so players can't down tools! Had a good preseason and players should be on a high.
Your right Casey never played, who the hell is Casey, the fox in the north bank???
Do not forget Shrimpet Hobson will be lining up for the oppo, our biggest miss this season.

As I said on another thread, the return of Hobson will be weird. Hope he gets a good reception.

Our starting 11 on paper really isn't that bad and can be more than competitive. Unfortunately, they have hardly any minutes in their legs and we have no depth to speak of.

I really do think adrenaline could get them through though because they really will want to give something back to the amazing work the fans have done.

The siege mentality that was generated when they weren't paid last season will hopefully be replicated on Saturday.

I'm not saying I would start him, but if I was Powell and I don't start Saturday with all the problems going on, I'd think my days are numbered.

I like this line up and that is the side I would pick with like you say the only possible decision to make in CM with Nor or Wes personally I’d go for Wes.

If you're an exile, or are out of the country on Saturday, then the game is available for live streaming here:

If you are in the UK you will not be able to see the fixture on the schedule, although if you a security aware computer user and use a VPN, then you might get a little peep.
Or you could be an exile who is currently in the country but will be stuck in Lincolnshire for a bloody wedding! Gutted!!!

Obviously not a lot of choice , for me the most important thing is to hold onto all of our remaining players including those that are not your personal favourites ie Powell who started well last season and was top scorer early on despite some wayward shooting plus he's generally fit.
The injury prone are the main concern with the lack of match fitness so Cardwell and Powell start with Wood to come on.
Fonguck linking up with Bridge in attacking midfield , Coker as Sub. The rest pick themselves with not a lot of cover! only Clifford to come on for Bridge or Ralph .
It could be our day despite everything that's happening, 2-1 blues.

Can't see anything other then a southend win! The players we have know this division inside out and we finished 7th last year even with 7 loses in a row! Same team same players! Arnold didn't hardley play,wreh replaceable,sandat played all of about 3 games,casey never played! No excuses here,players have been paid and everyone else has so players can't down tools! Had a good preseason and players should be on a high.

Name me 5 things we’ve done this preseason which determines it as “good”.

🧌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back