• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Dagenham & Redbridge, Monday 26th August, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

Nanu, Nanu⭐🦐
Staff member
Bank Holidays in Southend often see a lot of day trippers from East London, and Roots Hall will be hosting a small number of these as Dagenham and Redbridge FC will be our 5th opponents of the new National League season.

After the loss at Barnet yesterday, lets hope we can spring back with a win against Daggers.

So what would be your team selection and the result.

Note: Shrimpergonzo is away atm so a full detailed thread is not possible for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t be panicking too much or making major changes. A win would be great to get back on course and I think we’re capable of it but we need to attack early doors and take our chances. I’d maybe start Moncur for this alongside Husin and leave Coker on the bench. Not sure Walker will be ready but I’d start Waldron regardless.

I think the game yesterday was quite physical and the rest time between then and tomorrow is minimal.
But, we do need to up our performance and keep within the top area of the league if we want to be there or there abouts come the end of the season and teams should win their home games.
I suspect Kev will go with an unchanged starting line-up depending how Kensdale is and whether he is over his illness

Im going left field and hoping for a change in formation, i know it wont happen, but im off the opinion that GSM can play mulltiple positions so im going for a 4-2-3-1 formation
Colin, Wind Taylor, Kensale Ralph
Noor Cav
GSM Moncur Walker
Cardwell.
Subs Gubbins ,Crowther, Bridge, Waldron, Coker Hillson, Morton.
if Kensdale not fit then either Crowther or Gubbins to replace him, if Walker not ready Waldron to replace him, and Wood and one of the youngsters to replace them on the subs bench .

Same again Sam!!!

Likely to be Same shape,Same tactics, Same Tripe football!!
Do you have a little portfolio of comments that you roll out every week regardless of what is actually happening at our club?

Your negativity without any constructive input is world class, and I see immediately attracts full admiration of fellow doom and gloomers.

Aside from the immediate spending of £* 000’s on EFL players, who would incidentally not actually wish to progress their careers by stepping out of the EFL, what are the area’s of improvement that you think will turn around the woeful start of one narrow defeat by the division’s favourites away from home?

Im going left field and hoping for a change in formation, i know it wont happen, but im off the opinion that GSM can play mulltiple positions so im going for a 4-2-3-1 formation
Colin, Wind Taylor, Kensale Ralph
Noor Cav
GSM Moncur Walker
Cardwell.
Subs Gubbins ,Crowther, Bridge, Waldron, Coker Hillson, Morton.
if Kensdale not fit then either Crowther or Gubbins to replace him, if Walker not ready Waldron to replace him, and Wood and one of the youngsters to replace them on the subs bench .
There won’t be a change in formation but I actually quite like the look of this. I also like GSM as a right midfielder rather than a wing back.
If we played a back 4 I’d be Taylor, Crowther, Gubbins, Ralph though. Not sure Kensdale works in a 2.

Collin
Taylor, Crowther, Gubbins, Ralph
Miley
GSM, Moncur, Husin
Cardwell, Walker.

Some of the people going into meltdown need to look at where the teams we didn't beat are in the table, we've had some very tough matches to start the season (Boston aside). I expect Barnet to win the league and York are my dark horses if they falter.

I think only the most optimistic expected us to be challenging for the title, playoffs was always the more realistic goal and how we play against Daggers will be a much better indication of if we're a top 7 team or not. I'm expecting a 1-0 win, I don't think it will be pretty but defensively I think we've been solid so far and Daggers won't be as hard to break down as Barnet were.

Putting injuries aside dont think Kev will be making any changes.Likely to start with the same eleven that started on Saturday.Who ever is playing they need to be forward thinking,be quicker in their passing and movement.

6,811 on the ticket counter so over 7,500 at the moment with a healthy 525 from Daggers.
Could be near 8k crowd.

Daggers up to 540 now only 145 left for them.

Will we get another block? Loads of my group thinking they can pay on the day, us old folk not so tech minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back