• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Carlisle United

We still have 45 minutes to claw this back. Total **** up for the penalty, but now we will see just how much the team actually want to win this. For what it's worth, I thought Acquah had a good half, if only he had learnt his positioning more that has so far......COYB

What was that huddle at the end of the Harrogate game all about....wasn't a well done boys let's do this...it was more a " Ang what are you doing, you know Ron wants us to go down so he can pay out less in wages and get away with a stadium modelled on Southend Manors ground" .

Youre not telling me after the ANG and Demi debacle they havent sorted out who was taking pens ? Ffs theyre lucky the fans arent there today.
Cmon Blues sort it out what a waste

You would think MM would have made it clear who should take penalties, seems he hasn't. These are vital times for our club not some experiment.

TB, we all know the mess we are in but we have to try and support the team, they certainly won't be inspired by continual whinging. Imagine being at work where someone continually says you are crap, that is hardly going to do any good. I deplore it at Roots Hall when so called fans continually shout abuse, the only reaction they'll get is a bad one and if that's what they get off on then maybe they should consider taking their 'support' elsewhere. The positive messages that were sent to MM and co this week would certainly not have done any harm and i applaud everyone who took part in that, don't diss a bit of effort from fans trying to show their team some encouragement.

The idea of forums like this is to encourage debate. You can be as positive as you like but many fans are realists who can see the bigger picture.

It is better to put negative thoughts on here than abuse players in the ground or in the flesh.

Admit it, we are crap and look likely to be relegated.

Perhaps you could arrange a wreath for the final match of the season --- or just send the team a message saying "Never mind, we love you"

TB, we all know the mess we are in but we have to try and support the team, they certainly won't be inspired by continual whinging. Imagine being at work where someone continually says you are crap, that is hardly going to do any good. I deplore it at Roots Hall when so called fans continually shout abuse, the only reaction they'll get is a bad one and if that's what they get off on then maybe they should consider taking their 'support' elsewhere. The positive messages that were sent to MM and co this week would certainly not have done any harm and i applaud everyone who took part in that, don't diss a bit of effort from fans trying to show their team some encouragement.
I have been supporting this bunch of total no marks all season! Yes sending them messages does not do any harm but it certainly won’t change anything, other then maybe that we as supporters reinforce the dross they are playing and it’s acceptable.

I wonder if Acquah winning free kicks is a deliberate ploy. Like he looks like a big strong lump and defenders probably brace themselves for a physical challenge and next thing Emile is on the floor.

I mean it works - maybe he’s been watching clips of Anthony grant - but but embarrassing if he’s not actually got any strength given the size of him. Should be bossing defenders.
....still the worst pro footballer I have ever seen here....gets a game most weeks, Molesley you are a pathetic Lilly livered joke!

The penalty taking situations we have experienced in this past month
is a pure failure of player management . Just not good enough MM.

Supporting this club is really not good for my mental health. That 1st half was really depressing.

I just hope the 2nd half may bring some much needed therapy.

Oh also I have not ‘dissed’ it, I am saying the players don’t care either way
You tell me when enough is enough?

Back