• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Carlisle United

Not good from us...... looked second best for most that half! Selfish from akinola, jd should of taken the pen! Need to improve in the second half.

If you smash the ball down the centre and somehow it's saved, you rarely get grief.
if you try to smartarse it home and miss, you rightly get it in the neck.
I wonder what MM will have to say about the choice of taker? One assumes it was decided before the match. Why change ANG?
Otherwise fairly even.
Not sure about the contributions from ANG and RHF. They're ALWAYS looking to go round someone and neither has the strength of a good curry!

Personally thought the set up was wrong from the outset with just 2 midfielders., meant us relying on ANG and RHF to play as midfielders, not there strength or much experience. Seemed obvious we could easily be over run and it would make them look goo Still doesnt feel balanced they could easily get a second

Probably the most embarrassing penalty I’ve witnessed by a Southend player. Given ANG scored 2 weeks ago, if Demi didn’t fancy it then surely that was the best option? We’ve had a few free kicks mostly won by Acquah, but I can’t see where we are going to get 2 goals and a draw is not enough.

The one positive, Acquah playing well and our best player - never thought I’d be saying that.

The biggest 45 minutes of football in our history coming up?

They probably thought - let him take it to give him some confidence - he still hasn‘t troubled a keeper with a shot since he has been here.

Probably the most embarrassing penalty I’ve witnessed by a Southend player. Given ANG scored 2 weeks ago, if Demi didn’t fancy it then surely that was the best option? We’ve had a few Free kicks mostly won by Acquah, but I can’t see where we are going to get 2 goals and a draw is not enough.

Just reading after watching first half on iplayer.

Ferguson might as well not be on the pitch and the penalty... wow... are we really doing that. Just put it in hard on target.

Think probably the only chance we have is that Carlisle tire in the second half.
They played Tues, and tired in that game, we need a big last 20

Clearly PE Pete is back to his old tricks. Its clear its a " whoever wins the pen gets to take it boys" This is his team now, his chosen players. We all accept that most are not good enough but the lack of effort and fight is appalling.

I played for 20 years, I always knew I was never the best player, so did most of my team mates but we all put in 100 percent effort every game. Clearly when you get paid for it as a profession you can sack off the effort if you feel like. I really wish covid would have done one so fans could fire up these bunch of idiots.

Back