• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Boston United, Tuesday 20th August, 19:45 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 83 85.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 82 84.5%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Cav Miley

Votes: 84 86.6%
  • James Morton

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • Josh Walker

• Harry Cardwell

Votes: 84 86.6%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 79 81.4%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • George Wind

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 12 12.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 70 72.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he persevere with Ralph at LWB?
Will we have new faces?
Will I make kick off....finish at the hospital at 1930
Walker to get off the mark I reckon, moncur assist 😉
Yes no problem but no pre match refreshments and somebody sitting in your seat, and if you're really unlucky you'll miss our first goal too...

Yes no problem but no pre match refreshments and somebody sitting in your seat, and if you're really unlucky you'll miss our first goal too...
On the in my seat scenario, we have a block of eight season tickets in block V....on the odd occasion someone tries it on we've always pointed out that a season ticket her sits there...never any bother, ever. I have no problem missing an early goal at least it means we've scored 🤣

When the fixtures were released I scribbled down my predictions for the early matches:

Home to York 3 points
Away to Hartlepool 0 points
Home to Boston 3 pts
Away to Barnet 0 pts
Home to Daggers 1 pt
Away to Fylde 1 pt
Away to Oldham 0 pts
Home to Eastleigh 3 pts
Home to Sutton 1 pt.

So 12 points from our first 9 games. It's a tough start to our season and we are already 1 point down on my predoctions (neither of which were right, of course🙂).

A Win tonight will set us off nicely though. 🤞

Last edited:
100%

Its already over. 5700 odd on the ticket counter and doesn't include complimentary tickets. Around 6500 is a good turn out on a Tuesday in August
5,853 on the counter, so heading towards 6,700. Only about 300 non family stand tickets left. Hope the atmosphere is a bit better than the York game.

Collin
Taylor Kensdale Ralph
GSM Miley Morton Bridge
Waldron Cardwell Walker

Kev liked the 3-4-3 formation when he first came in. Would be good to see him go back to this tonight

Collin
Taylor Kensdale Ralph
GSM Miley Morton Bridge
Waldron Cardwell Walker

Kev liked the 3-4-3 formation when he first came in. Would be good to see him go back to this tonight
I like the attacking intent but I really don't think Morton can handle a two man midfield if he struggled so badly in a 3 man midfield. Especially when Bridge and Gus push so high, it will leave him really isolated.

Questions marks remain over Husins fitness levels on whether he'll start tonight's game but he'll definitely be in my starting 11.

Moncur goes straight in to the starting 11, I've never seen him play but I'm sure we'll see at some point tonight.

I'm still unsure on who to play at left center back. Ralph will happily overlap Bridge giving you a more attacking option but Gubbins will hold his position and can play some decent through balls. Maybe this question will be answered depending on the opposition.Screenshot_20240818_204832_X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back