• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United chairman Ron Martin approached by MP Anna Firth

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some pretty serious potential consequences to not providing your workforce with adequate welfare facilities.

The worst thing will be not complying with statutory testing and record keeping especially where infrequently used water supplies are concerned. The threat of Legionnaires being present and then inhaled by anyone once the water supply is restored is not something to **** about with, it’s potentially lethal.

The HSE won’t take kindly to any serious failings in H&S legislation The responsible people will be in serious trouble if they are found guilty of neglecting their duty of care.

Also the H&S laws are the only ones where you are assumed guilty and have to prove your innocence. That could be tricky!
Does anyone know who owns B&L

Is it Ron, Julie, Tom or Jack

Hopefully it’s all of them and we can let the relevant parities know

OH ! for new owners , seriously this gets worse by the day, the sooner that cancer is rid off from our club the better, I hope H&S or what ever there clled there in the UK jump right down that mans throat.

OH ! for new owners , seriously this gets worse by the day, the sooner that cancer is rid off from our club the better, I hope H&S or what ever there clled there in the UK jump right down that mans throat.

Can we please, please stop referring to RM as a “cancer”.

I have friends whose 7 year old girl has gone through a battle with cancer, thankfully she has beaten it, but being a parent myself, what they’ve been through must be one of the worst things in the world, and I can’t imagine the strength of their 7 year old.

Please stop.

Can we please, please stop referring to RM as a “cancer”.

I have friends whose 7 year old girl has gone through a battle with cancer, thankfully she has beaten it, but being a parent myself, what they’ve been through must be one of the worst things in the world, and I can’t imagine the strength of their 7 year old.

Please stop.
Yeah, having lost people close to me, references to cancer have made me feel rather uneasy.

I see where you’re both coming from, but calling something a cancer is a very well understood and common comparison. It (understandably in this case) alludes to something rotten and unconstrained within (SUFC, not us as individuals), which is poisoning the host and could potentially be fatal.

It isn't saying Ron is as nasty or as hurtful to us (as individuals, instead of SUFC) as our own or relatives / friends often horrendous cancer experiences.

Just as an aside I’ve also got personal experiences of cancer. Mum has it now, my best mate lost his 50 year old sister 3 Sundays ago; and I saw an uncle, an aunt and my gran all die from cancer).

Cancer is horrendous, but that doesn’t mean the word can’t be uttered - especially when used in such a standard, widely used way and which happens to be a pretty apt description in this case.

I see where you’re both coming from, but calling something a cancer is a very well understood and common comparison. It (understandably in this case) alludes to something rotten and unconstrained within (SUFC, not us as individuals), which is poisoning the host and could potentially be fatal.

It isn't saying Ron is as nasty or as hurtful to us (as individuals, instead of SUFC) as our own or relatives / friends often horrendous cancer experiences.

Just as an aside I’ve also got personal experiences of cancer. Mum has it now, my best mate lost his 50 year old sister 3 Sundays ago; and I saw an uncle, an aunt and my gran all die from cancer).

Cancer is horrendous, but that doesn’t mean the word can’t be uttered - especially when used in such a standard, widely used way and which happens to be a pretty apt description in this case.
I guess it's a choice and whether individuals want to consider what affect the use of the word has on others.

I guess it's a choice and whether individuals want to consider what affect the use of the word has on others.
Indeed, as always with the things we say. But the internet is a big place with many people, and most will have experienced hardship and loss in a dizzying array of ways and circumstances.

Let’s be clear this is an absolutely legitimate use, it wasn’t a laboured point merely a common comparison. Moreover it’s absolutely correct as a comparison.

Despite all my own past - and present - experience of cancer I was not offended or triggered. There’s no reason why the poster should have expected me to be either - or you.

I’m sorry it triggered deep feelings in you guys, but that doesn’t mean it was wrong to post it. Its a bog standard phrase, and isn’t offensive when the proper context and proportionality of its use is correctly understood.

The upgrades to the toilets are in full swing.
May be a black-and-white image

This was actually what the toilets in the old North Bank looked like. I think one of them is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back