• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-0 Eastleigh

Oh my days. How good was that.
No player deserved as Clarkey said during the game.less than 8 & no Eastleigh player more than a 6.
Played with so much pace in the 1st half & kept going 2nd half.
Really noticeable that we played the triangles in their half, not how we have in the last few weeks when we often put ourselves in trouble.
Back 3/5 really solid but with a real threat out wide from GSM & Ralph. Gubbins played some really decent balls in the box.
Moncur, Bridge & Husin really efficient & moving the ball quickly. Morton so much better than when playing with Miley.
Pepple really tried hard & got in some decent positions. Bonne probably should have scored with a header & the ball played through by Forson.
At last we played the ball in the opponents half & we looked sooooo much better.

An absolute 5-star performance. By far the best of the season so far.

Could and should have been more than 2-0, such was the dominance of our performance.

Still, the bar has been set now. That’s what we can do, that’s what we need to see more of. Play like that every game and we’ll be right in the mix for promotion.

And whisper it quietly, I still don’t think we have peaked yet.

So pleased for Kevin Maher. To lose six players in a week after everything else he has endured over the last three years must have been so tough. He seems to have unlimited reserves of resilience. Shame on the more flaky elements of the fan base who were getting ready to turn on him. As they will again no doubt the next time we have a couple of disappointing results. But forget them for tonight and enjoy the result and the performance. Up The Shrimpers!

Great across the board from us but have to say I thought Eastleigh were diabolical. How they were second going into tonight is beyond me. That said, you can only beat what’s in front of you and we did that and then some.

A deserved MOTM for Ralph, but he puts in performances like that every week. For me he’s by far our most consistent player. My favourite that we’ve had for some time

Best I have seen us play in a long time
Everyone put in a shift
Moncur virtually unplayable
Pepple looks good when he's running at defenders
Bonne has goals in him for sure
KAF is defo a player
Defence solid as
Collin made some good saves second half
Husin great game for his 100th appearance
Morton looks much better without Miley in the side

Brilliant performance today all round Ralph motm, Morton good second and pepple grew into the game after a miss. Same again Saturday would be nice.

I can’t believe COSU haven’t put out a statement.

I can’t believe how negative our tactics were

I can’t believe our forwards can’t score hatfullls of goals

I can’t believe how well Colin, Pebble and Ralf played

I can believe how fickle fans are

Great to wake up to as always

A totally dominant 2-0 victory - the second goal on the stroke of half time gave us the lead the first half performance deserved. Eastleigh pushed a bit harder in the second half and Collin mad a couple of dec3nt saves, but really the only disappointment is that we didn’t add to our lead to push home our superiority. Hopefully that will come.

Paul McCullum didn’t really get a sniff and got a deserved yellow for taking out his frustration on Collin. If he doesn’t get the ball he can’t score.

Morton was a revelation moving the ball so much quicker than Cav. Always seemed to know what he was going to do with the ball before he got it. The point and performance they got at Oldham gave them the belief this evening.

Last edited:
When Southend play well, all is well in my world! Boy did they play well tonight!

Fantastic performance. They have now set the bar with that performance.

The formation and ease everyone showed on the ball was top dollar!

Morton was my MoM, not a perfect performance, and did give the ball away deep a couple of times, BUT tonight is a night for positives! His availability and ability to spread play and completely change the direction of attack was superb. At last he has shown why we signed him and what he brings to the team that not many, if any of our squad do. Collin a dodgy clearance in the 1st half, but again in the 2nd half made at least three good stops, that could have changed the game if one had gone in.

The back four were solid and for once when the need was there, we did put our foot through the ball to clear our lines.

The midfield were simply awesome, closing down, spreading the play, winning the ball back and setting up chances. Brilliant.

Pepple battled well up front and put himself about well and never gave the Eastleigh back line an easy ride.

Subs, when KAF came on, offered pace and got stuck in immediately. Bonne, give him a couple of games and there are goals there! Worked the line really well.

If this is the shape of things to come, then we will win more than we lose this season and we don't need to fear anyone, they should be very cautious about underestimating us.

Looking forward to the rest of the season big time!

Unreal performance from the lads . Was very happy with how we defended, Ralph class. Crowther and Gubbins stepping up. Taylor the usual. Morton brilliant. Bonne & Pepple both battled up top

Back