• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-0 Boston United

It will be interesting to see if he makes progress during the next couple of months. Lasts season many said give him time as he'd only been a part timer, & a decent pre season would do him the world of good??.
Waldron looked very fit and I’m willing him on to do well which I think he will, very much part of this squad imo.

As comfortable and easy a home win as you will get with early goals in each half. Yes we probably should have won by 3 or 4 but at least more efforts on target. We really will be too sharp for the lesser sides in the league. Felt sorry for Waldron who worked really hard and the keeper made a great save down low in the first half. He deserved a goal for his efforts. We had so much of the ball and played it around nicely, rarely giving it away. Big Bank Holiday Weekend ahead against better teams for which we need to keep up the momentum both for points and bragging rights.

Andeng-Ndi 7
Taylor 7
Kensdale 7
Ralph 7.5
Scott-Morriss 8 MOTM
Coker 7
Miley 7
Husin 7.5
Bridge 7
Cardwell 7.5
Waldron 7

Moncur 7.5
Morton 6
Wind 6
Gubbins 6

George Moncur looks a step above this level and would probably be MOTM if played longer than 25 minutes. Gus gets it again for 2nd home match in a row, full of energy, getting in good positions and always an outlet. We looked fitter on Saturday and today than the York game and the pitch looked a lot better and slicker. We look to be getting into gear now, long May it continue. UTB

One observation from last night's game was Mileys inability to demonstrate self discipline in the early stages of the game. He picked up an early booking last night after getting booked on Saturday after just 6 minutes.
As much as I admire his style of play, he can play at times too close to the edge in this league and with the refereering standards being what they are, it could hurt us.
The 11 yellows that he got last season and the 2 already this can't be overlooked.

I've taken a few swipes on my Waldron comments - want to make it clear, I'd LOVE for him to do well, as any of our players. I dont dislike him and showed sparks last season of having *something*. We appreciated that was very much a step up period and really the hope was he'd have a decent pre-season and kick on, which hasnt been possible.

But my point was, that last night was as "easy" a game for us I've seen and he still wasnt able to be affective. His touch at times was pretty bad and he should have either taken his 1 on 1, or rolled it to either side for someone else to score.

If we want to progress, we'll need better players than Waldron is my only comment really. Depends on what your ambition is. Can we get over the "HaPPy To sTiLL hAve A cLub!" ... we all are, but its DONE now. We've got a club, we need to get stable and then I'm sure COSU have no ambitions to stay in non-league forever.

If we are going to get out of the division, we'll need better quality than Waldron at some point.

As I said earlier, he can be 4th choice once Kev can hopefully bring in an Adarkwa or Bongo, but if either Walker/Cardwell are injured we look very light with just Waldron - and again, its clear the management team feel the same or they wouldnt have been looking to sign someone like Walker AND A.N.Other of the quality of the 2 I spoke about. He obviously sees Waldron as a squad player.

One observation from last night's game was Mileys inability to demonstrate self discipline in the early stages of the game. He picked up an early booking last night after getting booked on Saturday after just 6 minutes.
As much as I admire his style of play, he can play at times too close to the edge in this league and with the refereering standards being what they are, it could hurt us.
The 11 yellows that he got last season and the 2 already this can't be overlooked.
You say that but the discipline to play on yellow for most of last 2 games he’s done well he’ll all ways pick up yellows it’s just the way he plays but he’s one of the best holding midfielders in the league

Feels like he's either struggling with something - or just age catching up, but he looks a bit heavy legged and usually ends up having to compensate by lunging into tackles to recover. Hopefully just needs some more games to get fully fit.

Very good point. Did he really need to charge that player last night?
At Hartlepool Miley steamed into his oppo with a real stiff shoulder barge with the ball rolling along the touchline, no real danger to anyone, i remember commenting to those around me "he's on a booking isnt he?" Crazy.

I've taken a few swipes on my Waldron comments - want to make it clear, I'd LOVE for him to do well, as any of our players. I dont dislike him and showed sparks last season of having *something*. We appreciated that was very much a step up period and really the hope was he'd have a decent pre-season and kick on, which hasnt been possible.

But my point was, that last night was as "easy" a game for us I've seen and he still wasnt able to be affective. His touch at times was pretty bad and he should have either taken his 1 on 1, or rolled it to either side for someone else to score.

If we want to progress, we'll need better players than Waldron is my only comment really. Depends on what your ambition is. Can we get over the "HaPPy To sTiLL hAve A cLub!" ... we all are, but its DONE now. We've got a club, we need to get stable and then I'm sure COSU have no ambitions to stay in non-league forever.

If we are going to get out of the division, we'll need better quality than Waldron at some point.

As I said earlier, he can be 4th choice once Kev can hopefully bring in an Adarkwa or Bongo, but if either Walker/Cardwell are injured we look very light with just Waldron - and again, its clear the management team feel the same or they wouldnt have been looking to sign someone like Walker AND A.N.Other of the quality of the 2 I spoke about. He obviously sees Waldron as a squad player.
An interesting take on your comments on Waldron. I'm not sure I've seen a few swipes, but I have seen others with different opinions on the bloke. Waldron came to the club as a part timer from a lower league and by the very nature of that move he has been playing catch-up, last season and this. This season, because he picked up a pre season knock which kept him out of starting positions. That happens in football, and Walker took his chance, but that doesn't make Waldron a last choice starter in my view. With Walker now side lined and a mid field man like Moncur providing opportunities, then maybe we shall see what the Amigos and John Still saw in the guy. I think he will blossom and, in the immortal words of David Colman, he'll open his legs and show the world his class.

Three points is a positive. We looked sharper than against York - another positive. Moncur looked as though he has farted more class than many players on the pitch possess. Yet another positive.

Negative for me is the attitude of 'you can only beat what's in front of you'. Though true it is true of every game no matter the ability of the opposition and is often used as a worn out phrase to excuse when we should have done better. It's not about beating what's in front of you but, how you beat them and for me, we came up short. I suspect we will not get another game this season with so much time and space.

I am sure the addition of a proven striker will be applauded but, I also believe we have, in Cardwell-Waldron-Walker, three more than able forwards at this level. I don't believe they get enough service, often end up deeper than they should be and despite a lot of movement they are rarely found in space. I predict any new striker will suffer the same.

This is not new to this season and I'm sure a few tweaks here or there could change a lot. A creative midfield or a well schooled midfield? Little between them at this level. Pavlov could teach old dogs new tricks. Sign him up.

Not sure how long my wonderment of having seven subs will last, its all so normal....SEVEN subs
Looking a very strong squad right now. So many options that can also feed into change in system if required. Another new challenge for king kev, keeping those not starting happy. Crowther, gubbins for example would walk into most teams in this division.

Back