• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1 - 3 Gillingham, Saturday 27 July, pre-season friendly

Finally home from the match via dinner with the old folks in LoS...
Once we'd settled, we knocked the ball about well for much of the first half and played some good stuff. Oh but those errors... Gillingham punished us for a couple of them and it could have been worse. Rusty is what we looked.
I thought Pedder had something about him, even in the warm-up. And when he came on, he looked absolute mustard, just the sort of player we've been crying out for. But then, I thought Mooney looked the dog's in pre-season a couple of years back, and look how that turned out. ZOT looked all right too.
Well pleased with my shirt - except wearing an XXXL isn't something I thought I'd ever have to do.

Re todays game, let's get all the silly errors out in the friendlies.

I thought Walker was the deserved MOM, loved Pedder's attitude when he came on, very disappointed in the back 3. Taylor looked off the pace and made a couple of mistakes, was it Kensdale who was totally done for pace? And Gubbins can't do it on his own.

GSM was decent, missed 2 good chances to put us ahead before they scored.

But for most of it, we seemed to be outmuscled by a stronger team. Walker did well but everyone else seemed to be leaned off the ball.

Bridge was very, very quiet.

All the goals were from defensive mistakes and that is normally our most reliable part of the team. Must do better!

No midfield creation either - Morton, Miley and Coker don't have any spark.

Must try harder!

A good workout yesterday. First time we've played opposition who were really going to test us and it showed. We really struggled at the back and made a lot of errors. I don't think this is a bad thing in a pre season game. Should be a bit of a wake up call.

On the positives:

- Walker gives us that cutting edge upfront and is a great outlet. Really looking forward to seeing him this season.

- GSM looks ready to start the season now! Great player.

- Pedder looked really good for the 15 mins he was on. I reckon he touched the ball more than the rest of the midfield the entire game. Great movement, worked hard, was everywhere and looked to get the ball forward at every opportunity. Linked the midfield and attack well. Couldn't of asked more of a trialist for that amount of time. Offers something different than the rest of our midfield. One of my mates said he reminded him of Luke Gutteridge! Would like to see him start against Chelmsford next week.

Back