• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Gateshead

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
It might be just me but i never had a thought for 1 minute that we would win that game today. I don't think we will win many these days as i think we are bang average in this league regardless of the usual list of reasons why and have some very average players. I didn't think Gateshead were anything special but they were still a lot better than us. It seems quite acceptable these days for us to lose.

Our set up, play and overall game is toilet, thank God for Gus to show how to score, shame the others don't have a clue in front of goal. We start games always worrying about the oppostion and how we can defend best, we never take it to them from the off and give them something to worry about. All a bit bizzare to me.

Anyway over to you guys

5 years ago if you told me we would be losing to Fylde, Sutton and Gateshead I would’ve thought you were on drugs.

I expect this thread will be full of Maher Out calls and Maher defenders.

I do not know what the answer is, we seem to have the code to beat Solihull but everyone else we just look bang average against.

Its going to be a long painful season.

There is rightfully going to be a massive negative reaction after that result but Gateshead actually played some really nice football to be fair.

Colin needs a kick up the arse as he looks so shaky all the time and his distribution is shocking. I don't know the answer with him. We know on his day he is a top keeper but he needs a boost in confidence, you can't keep him in the side playing like this but you can't drop him as it'll kill the rest of his confidence.

Bonne should not be playing on his own up top. He is not fit enough or fast enough. He put himself about but right now at least he needs a partner to do the running. I'm really look forward to a Pepple/Walker partnership.

Tiny bright spots on a horrible afternoon being KAF who continues to run himself into the ground at both ends of the pitch, Gubbins who was winning everything, especially in the first half and Walker made an absolute nuisance of himself when he came on.

We got pulled apart in the first half. How we went in level is anyone’s guess. We were so disjointed that at times it looked like a Lg2 team against a part-time NLS outfit.

A goal out of nothing from the Goal Scoring Machine gave us hope but that was obviously going to be short lived. **** knows where we’d be without him this season.

Second half was mainly more of the same, although we did threaten to win a corner on occasion.

Collin has lost his spark. He’s always had a mistake in him, but today was probably his worst game to date. Error after error after error.

Also, which bargain bin did we scrape that Foran guy out of? Send him back immediately and ask for our £2.99 back.

Moncur & Noor for the second game in a row, couldn’t pass water. Neither offered anything remotely positive going forwards. Hooking Morton was the wrong move.

Moncur needs to be rested (or shot out of a cannon into the Estuary, whichever one livens him up)

Bonne up front on his own is, to absolutely nobody’s surprise, utterly ****ing pointless. I wouldn’t mind, but it was tried just a few days ago & proved then to be utterly ****ing pointless, so why are we repeating it?

Kev will remain until a point where relegation looks a real threat in new year, and he’s earns that loyalty. For those wanting Maher out, would you want Currie or Bentley to replace him? Or a new management team?

It might be just me but i never had a thought for 1 minute that we would win that game today. I don't think we will win many these days as i think we are bang average in this league regardless of the usual list of reasons why and have some very average players. I didn't think Gateshead were anything special but they were still a lot better than us. It seems quite acceptable these days for us to lose.

Our set up, play and overall game is toilet, thank God for Gus to show how to score, shame the others don't have a clue in front of goal. We start games always worrying about the oppostion and how we can defend best, we never take it to them from the off and give them something to worry about. All a bit bizzare to me.

Anyway over to you guys
A fairly damning starter for 10.

We’ll get some moaning comments from Maher about not having the right tools for the job.

Some managers in this league would be licking their lips at some of our players we have.

They’re devoid of any ideas if they don’t snap in to their passing rhythm within the first 5 minutes. Something is wrong. Is it players being pulled up on their pass completion stats and being to scared to try something? Is it bad coaching?

I just don’t think it’s acceptable.

Performances and results haven’t anywhere near good enough this season and today was no different. It makes a change to be beaten by a team that plays football is a positive I guess. Other than that, it’s been a **** start to the season and one in which Kev needs to turn around and in a hurry otherwise it could go south for him very quickly.

5 years ago if you told me we would be losing to Fylde, Sutton and Gateshead I would’ve thought you were on drugs.

I expect this thread will be full of Maher Out calls and Maher defenders.

I do not know what the answer is, we seem to have the code to beat Solihull but everyone else we just look bang average against.

Its going to be a long painful season.
I would be happy with bang average, but we don't even look that good!!

Kev has alot of credit in the bank and rightly so, but he needs to start looking at things, 1 up top was not working all game and every sub was like for like, stubborness doesn't always get you anywhere, and he is now getting backed with bringing in the players he wants
Why doesn't he change it at half time, yes I know we were level, but it clearly wasn't working

Back