• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Solihull Moors v Southend United, Saturday 21st September, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 54 88.5%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 53 86.9%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • James Morton

Votes: 45 73.8%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 38 62.3%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • George Wind

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 8 13.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 23 37.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don't see there being much option for changes available to KM. I hope Walker and maybe Cav can make the bench and give some better sub opportunuties.
SM have a good pitch, flat and wide so ought to be a passing game.
For Collin's confidence I hope the back 3/5/8 have been spoken to with regards too many back passes to him; and that they can kick it long or diagonally, rather than shifting it back to the GK to kick long or scramble a kick out.
Same team as @leeblue but with Collin in goal.

That’s actually a really well balanced side 👏

I think we may need a week when we aren’t playing Sat-Tue to implement it in training but I wouldn’t be opposed to that side at all.

cheers. couple of issues with it obviously - you lose a bit of GSM as a goal threat as he's playing further back, and we don't have great other options for the wide attacking spots in the 3 at the moment (i think probably both Walker and Waldron could play those roles when they're fit, but it made me briefly pine for Calum Powell...). but i do think it could suit the current players more than this sort of hybrid 3-5-1-1 we're in at the moment. the other advantage is that you take Crowther out of the semi-sweeper type role Kensdale was good at and let him play as more of an aggressive CB - i was thinking of @ShrimperStats very good piece on Kensdale at the time.

There is a potential threat to the match tomorrow. There are weather warnings of heavy rain, thunder and lightning all day Saturday. The warnings are for the south, the south west, Wales and the West Midlands. Solihull is on the eastern side of the WM , so we may get away with it. Keep an eye on it before you set off.
FFS, as I’m going by train in accordance with SZ advice I’m leaving today so as to allow for any delays or cancellations.

If GSM not available i think we may go with a 4-2-3-1 formation, ive often stated we should give it a go, I think once Maher did change to that during a game and Wood came on and done very well with an assist also a coulpe of very decent crosses playing out wide that day . I realise Wind is for the future but no harm giving him a run at RB should GSM need to rest his hammy, rather that happens than end up losing him for a month or so.
----------------- Collin---------------
Wind-----Taylor---- Gubbins--------Ralph
------------Noor/ Kaf-------Morton-------
Wood--------Moncur---------Bridge
------------Bim / Bonne--------
SUBS --- Hillson, Bim / Bonne, Noor/ Kaf, Crowther McDonald, Faulkner, and whoever is available Walker , Cav or any new signing .

I for one hope Ralph goes back to CD and Bridge reverts back to LWB, so a 5-3-2 formation. Midfield is our problem area , Noor is either hot or cold no in between at present reading your threads hes cold, do we go with Noor or use Forson, Morton and Moncur.
hard really to pick a team, is Walker ready or not even for a cameo. is GSM fit .
Not yet. In his match preview interview, Maher said that Walker should hopefully start training with the rest of the squad next week. I guess that could mean a couple of weeks from making the subs bench.

Back