• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Solihull Moors v Southend United, Saturday 21st September, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 41 78.8%
  • James Morton

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 41 78.8%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • George Wind

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 7 13.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Against Fylde Bonne on his on uptop he was isolated.When the switch came with Pepple in support and Bridge wide it was better.Unless Walker is a available then thats all we have.

Going to give a few more games until I start getting hump. Saw enough against Eastleigh to convince me things will get better as there’s a long way to go yet. Three wins on the spin in the league and you are in the zone again.

What! They have only ever beaten us once in 6 games. We have won 3, including 8-0 on aggregate last season?
Seem to remember that the last time my younger brother (Rob Noxious) went up there we lost or drew,Obviously wasn't last season.:Smile:Since his wife is a brummie & they have in-laws up there ,he might be going up there this weekend for all I know.

Last edited:
I’ve always thought end of this month- don’t know where the optimism originally about it being a couple of weeks came from. Is he back in full training ? That will come first for a week? Rush a hamstring and get a higher grade tear then surely you risk being out for 3 months? ITK know way better than me but there we are
It came from Kev himself. I believe his last related comments were at the Flyde pre-match interview

"Asked about injuries, Maher said: "Danny Waldron is still a number of weeks away and Oli Coker is still a few weeks away. Cav Miley is a number of weeks away and Josh Walker is back outside on the grass training with the sports science department. He's closer than the others but still a little bit away as well."

So less than a few weeks away - whatever that means

It came from Kev himself. I believe his last related comments were at the Flyde pre-match interview

"Asked about injuries, Maher said: "Danny Waldron is still a number of weeks away and Oli Coker is still a few weeks away. Cav Miley is a number of weeks away and Josh Walker is back outside on the grass training with the sports science department. He's closer than the others but still a little bit away as well."

So less than a few weeks away - whatever that means
From today's interview

"On Josh Walker, Maher says: "Hopefully he'll be able to join in training next week which will push him closer to being involved."

I wouldn't be against putting GSM up front with Bonne and Wind at right back but it obviously won't happen.
can understand the thinking that his further forward might give more threat but wind is hugely inexperienced at this level, and still getting used to fill time pressures of training. He's seen as maybe a future option but would get taken apart by a decent wing back at this level.
The difference in the first touch is huge from league standard to NLS as evidenced by moncur, ralph, JD, bonne, all who seem to have so much time to make the next pass with the 2nd touch, compared to crowther and even gus quite often, who need the extra touch to put it where wanted and get closed down.
the less experience in the side, the more we end up under pressure and vice versa.

Line up is easy.

Don't want to hear "it's a must win", "we go again" interviews.

Just check in their underwear which 11 has the biggest bo##cks and start them. That's what's needed for this game!

Wanna continue to to not find out if he can push Collin? Or continue to let Collin make mistakes/lose concentration.
What keeper is the finished article at 21?

To be fair, he's still learning, has a new keeper coach to adapt to, and has had his defensive line changed of personnel. He needs his confidence boosting, not trashing. He's young, works hard off the pitch and is so keen to develop more. Not to mention, he's kept many clean sheets for us in his short career and has a lot of potential. Give him time, every player has a tough period.

GK: Hilson
LB: Wind
CB: Crowther
CB: Gubbins
RB: Ralph
LM: Gus
CM: Morton
CM: Moncur
RM: Bridge
ST: Bonne
ST: Pepple

Moving to a 4-4-2. I know it’s not what we play, but right now it feels like the formation that fits the available players we have. I’d like to see Wind have a run out and I’d like to see last seasons top assister back in his left wing position to feed those two strikers. My only worry is what we do after 70 mins when Pepple and Bonne are blowing big time.

Collin - I just feel he needs a reset and couple of games out. Personally, I think some of the nervousness at the back may be due to him.

Back