• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Solihull Moors v Southend United, Saturday 21st September, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 41 78.8%
  • James Morton

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 41 78.8%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • George Wind

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 7 13.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
GK: Hilson
LB: Wind
CB: Crowther
CB: Gubbins
RB: Ralph
LM: Gus
CM: Morton
CM: Moncur
RM: Bridge
ST: Bonne
ST: Pepple

Moving to a 4-4-2. I know it’s not what we play, but right now it feels like the formation that fits the available players we have. I’d like to see Wind have a run out and I’d like to see last seasons top assister back in his left wing position to feed those two strikers. My only worry is what we do after 70 mins when Pepple and Bonne are blowing big time.

Collin - I just feel he needs a reset and couple of games out. Personally, I think some of the nervousness at the back may be due to him.
Personally, I don't like this one bit. Yes, Collin has made some mistakes and his distribution needs to improve, but I think he has been unsettled by the weakened CD in front of him post-Kensdalegate. None of us know what Hilson is like, but his short term engagement and lack.of involvement makes me wonder. If Collin has been shaken by the CD issues, how might he cope?

Also, I doubt Wind is up to starting just yet. He's a development project IMO. Is he even suitable at LB? Isn't he more of a LWB? The 2 positions are very different.

Again, is GSM a LW? His crossing isn't that reliable. It may also restrict his movement and we'll lose our only goal threat at the moment.

Both Bonne and Pepple are yet to get fit enough for 90mins, so playing both from the start wouldn't be a great idea.

Last edited:
GK: Hilson
LB: Wind
CB: Crowther
CB: Gubbins
RB: Ralph
LM: Gus
CM: Morton
CM: Moncur
RM: Bridge
ST: Bonne
ST: Pepple

Moving to a 4-4-2. I know it’s not what we play, but right now it feels like the formation that fits the available players we have. I’d like to see Wind have a run out and I’d like to see last seasons top assister back in his left wing position to feed those two strikers. My only worry is what we do after 70 mins when Pepple and Bonne are blowing big time.

Collin - I just feel he needs a reset and couple of games out. Personally, I think some of the nervousness at the back may be due to him.
Can guarantee Kev won’t do anything like this. I can’t see Collin being dropped despite some calling for it on here. Would wreck his confidence. Can’t see Wind getting a start either, not yet.

GSM will play exactly where he’s played so far being he’s been our top goalscorer from there. Did you mean to put him on the left and Bridge on the right? Ralph at right back? Interesting take, to say the least.

it won't happen but i think we need to try a tactical shift to get a better tune out of the current squad, i've gone for a 4231 as follows:

Collin

GSM
Taylor
Crowther
Ralph

Morton
KAF

Wood
Moncur
Bridge

Pepple

get wood and bridge high up the pitch and pressing with Pepple as a 3 , full backs getting up to support the attack to create wide overloads with Morton/KAF filling in, and give Moncur some players running into the channels he can hopefully hit.
That’s actually a really well balanced side 👏

I think we may need a week when we aren’t playing Sat-Tue to implement it in training but I wouldn’t be opposed to that side at all.

I am starting to dread the goal updates ponging up on my phone when I can't get to an away match rather than getting excited and looking forward to them. I think any team will look at us at the moment as there for the taking as our weaknesses are clear for everyone to see.

I do realise it's been a tough few weeks and Rome wasn't built in a day but hopefully Kev can come up with something different to turn around what has been a very poor start to the season 🤞💙

Personally, I don't like this one bit. Yes, Collin has made some mistakes and his distribution needs to improve, but I think he been unsettled by the weakened CD in front of him post-Kensdalegate. None of us know what Hilson is like, but his short term engagement and lack.of involvement makes me wonder. If Collin has been shaken by the CD issues, how might he cope?

Also, I doubt Wind is up to starting just yet. He's a development project IMO. Is he even suitable at LB? Isn't he more of a LWB? The 2 positions are very different.

Again, is GSM a LW? His crossing isn't that reliable. It may also restrict his movement and we'll lose our only goal threat at the moment.

Both Bonne and Pepple are yet to get fit enough for 90mins, so playing both from the start wouldn't be a great idea.

Haha, yeah I’ve been an idiot and got my labelling wrong 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂. Wind at RB ( he played there for Billericay rather than RWB). Gus at RW. Bridge and Ralph at LW and LB.

Sorry - must have thought I was a right idiot!!

Can guarantee Kev won’t do anything like this. I can’t see Collin being dropped despite some calling for it on here. Would wreck his confidence. Can’t see Wind getting a start either, not yet.

GSM will play exactly where he’s played so far being he’s been our top goalscorer from there. Did you mean to put him on the left and Bridge on the right? Ralph at right back? Interesting take, to say the least.

Yep! Got my labelling wrong like a right doofus. At least gave people a laugh!🤭

Back