• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News SO when will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Some questions I would have are:

- have they indicated they will accept this (Tribal suggested they have)
- if they do accept, what does the roadmap for delivery look like? Is there more due diligence, auditing etc to be done?

I don’t want to think about the not accepting. This question is for pessimists (and hopefully not realists this time).

No more shenanigans.

Very good update, albeit this should have happened a long time ago.

I assume by reverting back to 2021’s deal they mean no stadium BUT still replaced by a more appropriate mix of residential - and not just a stadium sized hole?
Yes, the reference to 2021 is just in terms of residential mix, etc.

They've essentially laid out exactly what their external advice says will get through DD and audit, and stand a good chance of passing planning. Any other offers or proposed changes by the Martins are a waste of time. It's this or nothing.

Some questions I would have are:

- have they indicated they will accept this (Tribal suggested they have)
- if they do accept, what does the roadmap for delivery look like? Is there more due diligence, auditing etc to be done?

I don’t want to think about the not accepting. This question is for pessimists (and hopefully not realists this time).
On the first one re. Tribal, I don't know. I hadn't heard what he had heard, as I was under the impression that the Martins hadn't had the Council's response yet.

On point 2, if the Martins accept, there will likely still need to be some DD undertaken. Hopefully, though, COSU would be able to take a lot of confidence if it can be demonstrated that the proposed deal will make it through DD and audit?

So what if the Martins let’s the club go bust and gamble on the Government over ruling the council? Could COSU buy the stadium out of administration.

But if the Ron family say no, and we all know they might, is it realistic for both the council and COSU to walk away? The latter more so I guess. But the council will still need the houses built and Ron will still need to build them. Not sure the council are in a position to issue ultimatums like this, although I do admire it. Again it comes down to the council and the owner deciding just how important the football club is in any of this. The houses will eventually get built on this land one way or another, that will definitely happen, but will the club survive? (Sorry I know you all know this, just trying to work it through myself)

But if the Ron family say no, and we all know they might, is it realistic for both the council and COSU to walk away? The latter more so I guess. But the council will still need the houses built and Ron will still need to build them. Not sure the council are in a position to issue ultimatums like this, although I do admire it. Again it comes down to the council and the owner deciding just how important the football club is in any of this. The houses will eventually get built on this land one way or another, that will definitely happen, but will the club survive? (Sorry I know you all know this, just trying to work it through myself)
I think they know that realistically, this development won't happen smoothly if the club dies

The fans will put as many obstacles in the way as we possibly can

Roll on next Friday then. It ends one way or another and I am ready for it.

Agreed. One way or another this has to be resolved & as much as I don’t want this to be the end of our club, we simply cannot keep treading water.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see COSU issue a similar statement & also give a hard deadline of Friday. Either the deal is done, or they’re off.

Just reading the council letter again and isn’t the deal not only contingent on BOTH Citizen Housing and the Martins accepting it. What if the Martins agree and Citizen Housing don’t. 🥲

Back