• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

I think they know that realistically, this development won't happen smoothly if the club dies

The fans will put as many obstacles in the way as we possibly can
Cllr Cowans letter, taken at face value, makes it clear that if COSU walk (either because Ron delays, or because SUFC has died) then the rats can forget Fossetts. It ain’t happening.

Cllr Cowans letter, taken at face value, makes it clear that if COSU walk (either because Ron delays, or because SUFC has died) then the rats can forget Fossetts. It ain’t happening.
But realistically it will happen, eventually. The council will have government housing targets and Ron owns two bits of land and wants to build houses on them.

Yes, the reference to 2021 is just in terms of residential mix, etc.

They've essentially laid out exactly what their external advice says will get through DD and audit, and stand a good chance of passing planning. Any other offers or proposed changes by the Martins are a waste of time. It's this or nothing.
Yes I think ref to 2021 minus the stadium is a bit misleading- for example I don’t think this means the stadium at FF isn’t replaced by the extra housing. As you say mix and weren’t the financial terms (e.g. lease length) different?

It’s not just the Martins agreeing but the Dellals and CRBE- you would hope everyone is kind of their in principle prior to this letter being sent- as has been suggested..

At last someone has the balls to actually put this rat family in a corner and it is them no longer calling the shots.
This leaves the Rats in a corner where they can no longer manipulate or deceive people as has been there way for many years.

This was Cllr Daniel Cowan reply to someone asking regarding the financial commitment the council were being asked -
“ in personal terms it would be agreeing to a fixed rate mortgage that you can just about pay if nothing goes wrong and hoping that rates change in your favour in future”

Maybe it is not what we all want to hear as this really is becoming D Day now but as I said earlier we are all tired and weary from all of this and it needs putting to bed so we can all finally move on.
FWIW I have no idea how this is all going to pan out

Last edited:
The good news is that there is a deal that will almost definitely pass through. The 2021 development deal, minus the stadium. Also the financial terms were different. The Martins and Citizen need to focus on that and accept. The current deal is over. It doesn't pass. Yes, they will not get all the apartments built they have put in for, but it's still a massive development, and the time for being too greedy is over. They will still make Millions. It will still get Ron Martin out of the debt hole he has dug, and more importantly, save Southend United. Over to you, Ron, Jack and Citizen.

But realistically it will happen, eventually. The council will have government housing targets and Ron owns two bits of land and wants to build houses on them.
Quite possibly but they would need to find new partners/buyers and the process wouldn’t be accelerated- so probably 2-3 years of delays. And however dressed up SCC are likely from a planning point of view be more disposed towards what is effectively their own planning application

You would think if it flies for the Martins, Dellals and CRBE then a positive outcome is likely. But it’s not just the Martins

Quite possibly but they would need to find new partners/buyers and the process wouldn’t be accelerated- so probably 2-3 years of delays. And however dressed up SCC are likely from a planning point of view be more disposed towards what is effectively their own planning application

You would think if it flies for the Martins, Dellals and CRBE then a positive outcome is likely. But it’s not just the Martins
Yes I would think the 🐀 backers CBRE would surely lean on the Martins. Especially if the 🐀 owes them circa 45 million.
The council statement is now a game changer for us one way or the other.

To add a bit to what Tribal Chief has said; one of my parents is a labour councillor and has pretty much said this morning that Martin has agreed to the most of the councils terms but with one little sticking point to iron out. Not sure how big this is though. Should be workable.

The filth is cornered.

Yes I think ref to 2021 minus the stadium is a bit misleading- for example I don’t think this means the stadium at FF isn’t replaced by the extra housing. As you say mix and weren’t the financial terms (e.g. lease length) different?

It’s not just the Martins agreeing but the Dellals and CRBE- you would hope everyone is kind of their in principle prior to this letter being sent- as has been suggested..
Sounds to me that the council can see and are fed up with the Martin's constantly trying to get a bit more out of the originally agreed deal with property types and lease lengths, and have put a stop to it by resetting the rules of engagement formally.
Feels like that side of it is going to be sorted, but there's still the issue of the Martin's providing security to the consortium before more wages or WUPs are paid off.

Last edited:
Finally, which I have been saying for a while, SCC have had enough of the 🐀 family demands and greed! Had the gonads to tell him what they will accept take it or leave it?

That is the only way to deal with them, so through pure greed they have been scaled back to the original plan.

Well done SCC 👍:Thank You::LoyalSupporter::Happy::Happy::Happy::Worthy:

I'm quite happy with this update.

Cards are on the table. Take it or leaving. With a nice little warning of no way back if COSU walk.

Back