• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

I suppose it possible that the week was spent ensuring that the written up revised deal will meet with acceptance from 🐀 and 🐀 Jnr. Avoiding the to and fro contract tennis 🎾 that has existed up until now. It seems that previously everything was written up for one party to consider only to then be picked apart. This time ‘hopefully’ it appears to be agreed in advance and it simply needs signing on Monday 🤞.
It`s about time, I`ve said it for a while, TELL the 🐀 family this is what we want, take it or leave it. We move on with COSU and finally get rid of this rodent forever.

Whilst we are all very frustrated with the lack of progress in the transfer of the club into the new ownership.It must be so difficult for Kev and his staff to plan ahead.I sincerely hope he is fully keep upto date by TL

That I understand, but the point i was making is that he was lying to the protesters last weekend.
He didn’t lie if that was the case. He just didn’t tell the whole story. He does this a lot. Tells people what he has done that is positive. “I agreed to the deal”. But not the negative “subject to these conditions”.

It’s like his verbal communication is always redacted.

Back to you El Ratty then, agree or have nothing…..still a worrying week ahead

Looks like we'll all have to wait for Monday for any news
Keep up Barna. We have heard today, and what we’ve heard means we now have next Friday as a deadline. The ratty toe rags need to line up behind the Council’s offer by then or… well, you know.

It's good to see the council finally put some pressure on to get the deal done.

It would have meant more if they had done it before the project near the Kursal went bust. That will soon be a new car park and flats will be built on the old gas works now.

Many have criticised SCC for the time they have taken to deal with this but the stance they are now taking is the best we could have hoped for. It puts all the pressure on the Martins to accept the deal SCC are offering and at the same time links the agreement to the preservation of SUFC. This could mean that the Martins will have to settled the WUP since if they don't and the club goes belly up SCC have indicated they will pull out of the deal if the club is not sold to COSU.

Keep up Barna. We have heard today, and what we’ve heard means we now have next Friday as a deadline. The ratty toe rags need to line up behind the Council’s offer by then or… well, you know.
It's difficult to keep uo when you're so far away.Sorry.(Personaly I think the Echo, for various reasons, is a more useful source of info.about SUFC than SZ but that's just a personal opinion).

Last edited:
Back