• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

RHB

"Do or do not. There is no try,"⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
First game in the West Stand for us and everyone else, and we were greeted with clean seats and terracing, that alone is a big plus. The West Stand entrance to the men's toilets appeared clean, but there wasn't much evidence of improvements that I could see. And one little gripe on the entrance front, the queue for the bar stretched round to the entrance of the toilet, and convincing geezers that you weren't trying to queue jump wasn't to easy. Mrs RHB went to the ladies loo in the alcove entrance to the bar at half time to discover that the disabled toilet there had a leak of some kind and water was running all over the floor outside the toilet doors. She had the same problem as me trying to convince the bar queue that she wasn't trying to push in, but that was nothing new. Basically, the logistics along the rear wall of the West Stand are a total disaster, especially if you need a leak, a drink and food, I don't know the answer but that doesn't remove the inconvenience.

Leaving my whinges aside, it was great to meet up with old mates, and finally meet new ones, (hello @Swiss Tony, good to put a face to a name even if you are younger than me). We're are back, we are in business, that can't be bad can it?

The West stand bar area is a real problem and as you say the queue's at the start and at half time just jammed up the back. I think long term they have to put 3 or 4 shutters along the back of the stand and serve outwards. They could easily make the current room/ bar into a total bar and make life simpler for all. The size at the moment only allows for about 3 people serving with 1 till/machine which does not help matters.

I think this is something the club are aware of and atm they must be losing a lot of money having such long queues. @Swiss Tony myself and a few others would of gone for a second pint but it just was not worth the hassle or the time it would of taken.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're really missing a massive opportunity in the bars and snack areas in the west. The club have a very short time frame to provide the fans with refreshments and make sales, but we just don't make the most of it. I'm sure the club are aware and things will get better over time. Was great to be back yesterday, though, seeing the place packed with old and new faces.

Yep as said above.
Quite simple really - reverse the bar and food outlet so that it faces on the outside rather than the inside.
I went to the toilet just before half time and found a couple of taps stuck and hence water running but will email the club to inform.
I struggled to get to the toilet due the standing at the back which must have been about 4-5 deep and although people were very courteous and stood aside it was a bit of a trek to get there.

Is there any reason why they don't sell beer during the first half?? I queued the whole sencond half to get a beer then got to the door to be turned away?? I popped in during the first half and the bar was open but they wouldn't selll me one, I guess it's probably too keep people in their seats but if you could buy a beer all half I'm sure they would make some more money? Not sure just a suggestion

Is there any reason why they don't sell beer during the first half?? I queued the whole sencond half to get a beer then got to the door to be turned away?? I popped in during the first half and the bar was open but they wouldn't selll me one, I guess it's probably too keep people in their seats but if you could buy a beer all half I'm sure they would make some more money? Not sure just a suggestion
They're not allowed to sell when the game is on I believe

South stand upper…..

Still plenty of pigeon **** everywhere - my seat was clean but others in our group we use were not. That whole stand needs a thorough jet wash.

Getting out from the upper tier was horrendous. We stood still for at least 5 mins going nowhere, not even a step forward .
Never ever taken that long to get out and quite worrying if you think about emergency evacuation scenarios.
I think the issue lies with the exit on that side, it’s very narrow with steps (by the side of the east in the corner) combined with people simply not keeping that area flowing (lots or people hanging around at the bottom of the stairs coming from the upper waiting for others).

I’d like to see the stewards keeping people moving and asking people hanging around to keep those parts of the exit clear.

But again it’s never been as bad as that, not sure what happened yesterday to cause it to be so slow?

Last edited:
Not complaints (Rome wasn’t built…blah blah) just observations from the West…

Gates opened about 1:40pm. Several hundred outside waiting. Straight to bar, took 15-20 minutes to get a beer. Should have pre-poured few mins before the gates opened? Not sure how expensive they are, but long term the club need to get those quick fill from the bottom devices (bottoms up?) It would pay for itself in no time.

Toilets still god awful.

Didn’t bother with HT beer/food as queues mental. Ran out of beer in the west bar anyway. Fail.

The whole place is just run down, not built for optimum operation and needs massive amounts of work to make it into a safe, comfortable, money making environment as we all know. Hopefully at the end of this season, we can see some proper works going on.

i,m very sorry
South stand upper…..

Still plenty of pigeon **** everywhere - my seat was clean but others in our group we use were not. That whole stand needs a thorough jet wash.

Getting out from the upper tier was horrendous. We stood still for at least 5 mins going nowhere, not even a step forward .
Never ever taken that long to get out and quite worrying if you think about emergency evacuation scenarios.
I think the issue lies with the exit on that side, it’s very narrow with steps (by the side of the east in the corner) combined with people simply not keeping that area flowing (lots or people hanging around at the bottom of there stairs coming from the upper waiting for others).

I’d like to see the stewards keeping people moving and asking people hanging around to keep those parts of the exit clear.

But again it’s never been as bad as that, not sure what happened yesterday to cause it to be so slow?
i.m very sorry to hear you and your friends found pigeon s..t around your seats maybe next time on the clean up you could come down [ in your own free time as we did ] and point out where the problem is so we can work harder to solve your s..t problem . as for the slow exit from the ground maybe the 8000 crowd was to blame .

i,m very sorry

i.m very sorry to hear you and your friends found pigeon s..t around your seats maybe next time on the clean up you could come down [ in your own free time as we did ] and point out where the problem is so we can work harder to solve your s..t problem . as for the slow exit from the ground maybe the 8000 crowd was to blame .
Oh give over - this thread is about our experience hence my reply.
I have lots of respect for those that did their best in their own time but no amount of volunteers could get rid of the s*it up there - as I say it needs a good jet wash.

Been going for 30 years, sat in the south upper for a long time and even when we played Man Utd (a proper full house) getting out after the game wasnt that bad.

Not sure what happened yesterday.

Last edited:
Good thread this - whilst highlighting not so much gripes but area's that need looking at. Yes, there's someone'll probably have a (very ?) long to-do list but it does no harm in pointing things out to perhaps prioritise - obvious or not - as well as maybe mentioning things that may need adding to said list.....

Gates opened about 1:40pm. Several hundred outside waiting. Straight to bar, took 15-20 minutes to get a beer. Should have pre-poured few mins before the gates opened? Not sure how expensive they are, but long term the club need to get those quick fill from the bottom devices (bottoms up?) It would pay for itself in no time.

Toilets still god awful.

Didn’t bother with HT beer/food as queues mental. Ran out of beer in the west bar anyway. Fail.

The whole place is just run down, not built for optimum operation and needs massive amounts of work to make it into a safe, comfortable, money making environment as we all know. Hopefully at the end of this season, we can see some proper works going on.
A note on those bottom filled glasses - a waste of time.

They have these at Spurs and as my family are Spurs fans (I saw the light and followed Blues), they were excellent for a year or 2.

Now when you go, every other one leaks from the bottom and you lose half the beer.

If we were to do something I'd prefer it to be like Essex Cricket.

Pay a £5 supplement for the glass which is embroidered with players and the badge etc.

The £5 is refunded when you take your glass back. Better for environment as its reusable.

Better for club as if you want to keep it as a memento the club is £5 up. Or if you return it you get the £5 back.

Toilets still god awful.

Yep thought I would get in the West early for a couple of beers, but saw the queue and didn't bother.

As you say the ground needs a massive amount of money spent on it. Others have pointed out the whole back of the West needs gutting and rebuilt even if it means losing a few seats. A new cantilever roof would be nice as well. But I would imagine that's years away and possibly never.

I went in the men’s loos at the back of the West expecting them to be new and improved- but they were exactly the same, doors missing, no locks on others, stuck taps, hand driers not working, rust, cobwebs etc etc.

They need a serious overhaul- God knows how they get a H&S certificate!

Decided to spend some money at the club by getting into the west earlier and getting a beer.

Never seen the queue that big before. When we finally got round the corner and facing the pitch, it's crazy the lack of space on that concourse.

30 mins before KO and the bar gets locked.

Go to get a beer at half time and get told "the beer has ran out". Luckily I had pre ordered.

Its going to take time and a lot of money to change the west into a safe, clean space with decent facilities.

So many will have been put off again by what's on offer.

I'll probably just stay in the railway as its pointless queuing for an age and not getting served.

Last edited:
Very impressed with the selection of beers, lagers and ciders in the Shrimpers - hubby was delighted to have Inches on draught. Ladies loo in there had been given a coat of paint but that's all. The mushrooms had gone from the gents. Dishwasher in place and working, and should have the hard plastic glasses in there soon - they had a few, but not enough.

I'm a bit loathe to add this, but I'm going to. The sparkly new score board - Can we please use blue and white text rather than blue and gold? I get the homage to the new club colours but visibility wise to some (like me), blue and white is far easier to read.
Absolutely this. Have already got this to discuss with them. Also, sponsors' names were lost. We've waited 3 or 4 years to have a scoreboard that works, so howabout rewarding the player sponsors by actually making them big enough to be legible?

Back