• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So are we safe now?

If they buy the club, without the whole roots hall site and the training ground then it will end in disaster.
Ask the ex mobile phone multi millionaire who bought palace from Ron noades

If they buy the club, without the whole roots hall site and the training ground then it will end in disaster.
Ask the ex mobile phone multi millionaire who bought palace from Ron noades
I would hope that they have the forward purchase agreement legally tight - albeit maybe conditional on planning permission being given - and for that it needs a planning application to be submitted - by Ron (unless he sells FF on)

Reactions: jnl
I would hope that they have the forward purchase agreement legally tight - albeit maybe conditional on planning permission being given - and for that it needs a planning application to be submitted - by Ron (unless he sells FF on)
Again another disaster waiting to happen .. anything with the word conditional and Rat, is going to end in tears.

Again another disaster waiting to happen .. anything with the word conditional and Rat, is going to end in tears.

Do you honestly think Cosu won't have certain caveats in place to minimise any risk to them, particularly after the last few months.

I’ve never been divorced and have no plan or desire to be. But it sort of feels like if COSU buy the club then that’s a divorce from Ron Martin but we’ll never be fully free from him till we settle the situation with ownership of our ‘house’ (Roots Hall).

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have a few glasses of something nice when/if the divorce comes through though.

I’ve never been divorced and have no plan or desire to be. But it sort of feels like if COSU buy the club then that’s a divorce from Ron Martin but we’ll never be fully free from him till we settle the situation with ownership of our ‘house’ (Roots Hall).

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have a few glasses of something nice when/if the divorce comes through though.
I currently have a big bottle of 10% barrel aged stout I was given in 2022 in the frigde.

... but this is the 3rd time I've done so. I am waiting for that picture of the corner flag.

RH is the only stadium in COSU'S plans and they've made that clear. The medium term plan will be a rebuilt East Stand, then we can see what further upgrades the finances and league position could support.

I was told the plan is to upgrade the West first, then the North.

Makes sense as we would need those stands at full capacity when the East is rebuilt.

Surely the NW corner is first being as it's currently 'out of use'

I guess it depends on wether we keep the North for away fans. I would personally change it this summer to South lower. We could always use the North for away fans for the possibly 3 fixtures that might actually need it.

That aside.....The way it was explained to me was the West facilities needs a serious and urgent upgrade. At the moment it takes very little money on match days.

As COSU have stated they are not going to waste money. Rather than new seats or even whole stands they want a return on money spent around the stadium

Do you honestly think Cosu won't have certain caveats in place to minimise any risk to them, particularly after the last few months.
do you honestly think the Rat won't welch on any deal where he can.
there can be no 'minimising' of risk with him. they have to cut him out completely

I guess it depends on wether we keep the North for away fans. I would personally change it this summer to South lower. We could always use the North for away fans for the possibly 3 fixtures that might actually need it.
The main problem with that is that you can't segregate the entrance for the South lower, this will cause more crowd "issues" on match days.

How about just giving the whole south stand to away fans. We get our north bank back.

In all seriousness I am sure these people within COSU are all astute businessmen who didn’t get where they are without going into deals with their eyes wide open.
Yes, we all know what the chief rat is like and likewise his son but, COSU would have done their homework on them and I am sure processes are being put into place

If the takeover goes through which is looking more likely and Kevin Maher gets a good budget this can still be a good season

Back