• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Shrimpers unlikely to complete deal for midfielder Pedder

We cant even get signings over the line for players that are unattached
A trip to America is a lot more attractive than playing NL.

Additionally, maybe we aren't going to be held to ransom or pay over what we believe the player is worth. Gone are the days of flippantly giving the likes of Oxley £3k+ (rumoured). We are trying to be sustainable and we have to set the precedent now.

I think it’s been alluded to previously by Kev that there’s a certain type of contract we like to offer the youngsters. Think we did it with Coker and Collin and it was what we offered Kabongolo, but it’s incentivised with how much they play etc. Personally I think it’s a good idea. Keeps a young player grounded and working hard if they know they’ll earn more if they play more. No time to put your feet up now you’ve earned your pro deal.

Seems we made the same offer to Pedder which I think is sensible. He’s 22 and has played a pretty alarming 6 games of professional senior football in that time, 4 of which were in the league below us. Despite showing some promise there’s still no guarantee he’s up to it and it’s still relatively unclear as to whether he’s got a bit of a long standing hamstring injury.

If he thinks he can get a better contract elsewhere then genuinely good luck to him, no hard feelings from me. But we’re a club who does things properly nowadays so I’m more than okay with us walking away from deals if it just isn’t right for us.

Not really, we all know Maher only wants to sign certain players not just anyone… we have to be sensible with the budget too. So there may have to be some compromise somewhere, otherwise we’ll end up with no one
I get that but since cosu have officially taken over about 3 weeks ago we’ve signed 2 players wind and hilson which has left us unprepared for the season it isn’t good enough how much longer do we need to sign some players ?

Sorry are we seriously getting het up about not signing a 22 year old with no more than a handful of senior appearances , mainly at a level below us. That spent a chunk of last season injured and has the same injury flair up again preseason. All based on a couple of cameo’s against teams a few divisions below us ?

Back