• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Shower of **** FC… Who did you play for?

After playing for Barling Magna Primary School's First XI (well, OK, Only XI) my final footballing days were played as left back for the Geography Department's team Trap Two Thistle at Southampton University in the '70s. In dozens of appearances I never scored a goal and we always seemed to lose 5-0. So I concentrated on playing cricket after that at which I was slightly better.

So glad the thread went off topic and got its own one.

What a great read.

I'm a lot younger than alot of the teams mentioned but I was such a football nutcase, I'd spend hours reading the local papers taking in all results and team names.

That was standard wasn't it, every result from every league, junior and adult always appearing in the local rags in such detail.

My first ever competitive football was for the Porters Grange Southend Cubs section (was it 1st Southend?). We used to play mini soccer against the other cub groups at Bournes Green park.

Played for:

Westborough Primary School
Thorpe Athletic
Portdean Lions
Westcliff United
ShrimperZone FC

That's it. My job meant I had to retire as I could not risk injury. Sad times.

I still want to play by the way...reemergence of SFZC @The General one day (not yet though as life is too quick!)

Back