• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Season Tickets for next year - any news?

I see this "delay" as a good thing to be fair. For starters we aren't going to be spending our biggest source of income before this season has already concluded. Which we have done for the last god knows how many years, leaving us in big trouble over the summer months.

Secondly, it actually creates a bit of a buzz. Announce the season card news on the back of sale completion (perhaps a marquee signing also?) and the sales will rocket higher than anything we have seen in recent times.

Personally think it is good news that the Consortium are not needing the Season Ticket Income this early. We all know that the Early Bird offers were there because the Club needed the money to get through to the start of the season. Hence trouble in paying bills during the season.

Yes, the squad need one or two additions, but there are an awful lot of things that need to be dealt with as well. Fortunately Kevin isn't far short of the squad he needs.

As long as the delay does not mean they post them the week of the first game as have done in the past.
I'd prefer the club set up a collection point for South,East and West for the first game of the season rather than spending god knows how much on postage to post a ticket only for those tickets to make it back to Roots Hall.

It's the equivalent for me of posting a boomerang 🪃

I see this "delay" as a good thing to be fair. For starters we aren't going to be spending our biggest source of income before this season has already concluded. Which we have done for the last god knows how many years, leaving us in big trouble over the summer months.

Secondly, it actually creates a bit of a buzz. Announce the season card news on the back of sale completion (perhaps a marquee signing also?) and the sales will rocket higher than anything we have seen in recent times.
Very true but the big question is hopefully if we do try to sign a marquee signing are they willing to wait until the deal is finally announced of course we want it asap but who knows how long now ?

Personally I would rather see families get more of a discount than over 60’s.

I say that as someone who will be 60 this year. Most people my age have far more cash than they ever did as a family man…. Even after their expensive divorce or two….. Sometimes three.
No reason why both can’t happen- not mutually exclusive I guess.

Only if the prices are right.

I'd like to see an incentive where prices are set a reasonable price to get far more into the ground and better food and drink options to get fans in earlier.
Maximising attendance and then providing decent food and drink would be the best way of maximising revenues. I think at the moment the additional spend per head is a shocking 50p or less…..

Maximising attendance and then providing decent food and drink would be the best way of maximising revenues. I think at the moment the additional spend per head is a shocking 50p or less…..

Is the 'Catering' an in house thing though? Or is it contracted out and we just get a flat rate fee? Similar to the shop.

Of course it matters if we get a pre set amount it is of no consequence to the club what profit or otherwise the caterers make.
If the club's profit was pre-determined, I don't suppose Tom L & Co would be as interested as they seem to be in raising the per head spend.

Does anyone know if the capacity will be restored over the summer?

It seems to be slipping ever downwards, presumably for safety reasons.

There’s not much point in reducing prices to get more people in if we’re not allowed to sell more tickets.

Back