• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Season Tickets for next year - any news?

This is on the agenda, and part of what the FanZone plans are all about.

Cheaper tickets to get fans in and better options to get people in earlier.

So many people don't spend a single penny on a match day because its terrible.

Better to have 5000 season ticket holders at £299 a season buying food and drink every game than 3500 at £400 hardly spending at all.

Better to have 5000 season ticket holders at £299 a season buying food and drink every game than 3500 at £400 hardly spending at all.
This is Rononomics. Are you not paying your suppliers and staff and HMRC in this scenario?

You’d need £4.39 food and drink profit per game per person after the cost of food and drink, the electricity costs of cooking and keeping cool at the food and drink, the staff required to serve all those additional people - and that’s not including the capital expenditure for the equipment required to store, prepare and serve all that food and drink. Most people aren’t going to spend anywhere near enough to have a profit on food and drink of £4.39 a game.

To get that sort of profit from drinks sales alone everyone - including the kids - would need to buy more than 14 pints per games.

Even then it’s more valuable to have the money up front and guaranteed than to have it on a game by game basis (and subject to games being called off etc).

Very few people are going to go from not attending any games to having a season card. So it is absolutely not a choice between 5000 at £299 and 3500 at £400 because those not buying season cards will likely still attend at least some games (equally season card holders are likely to miss some games).

Furthermore those put off by the price are by definition more cost sensitive and are therefore those less likely to spend.

There’s an argument for keeping season card prices low to keep the game accessible but it’s not an economic argument.

I expect with nearby Ipswich flying high, you will lose more 'fans' to them.
Loads of people from Colchester already travel to Ipswich for their games I think a lot of their fan base live in Colchester postcodes! Portman road is pretty much full to capacity most weeks now so if they get promoted it is a near certainty they will sell out most games. I think the few fans we get at present are true Colchester fans and never go to Portman road or would even consider it unless we play them of course! There is a deep historical dislike to that lot up the road, even though we rarely play them the rivalry from our side against them is very strong more than any other club even Southend!

This is a bit deja vu .. last season I decided not to buy a season ticket but haven’t had an issue getting my preferred seat at a single game I’ve been to. Likewise away tickets. But next season I’m buying one and it’s a case of when I do, not if. I’d imagine there’s many like me. So hopefully everything gets sorted soon with Ron & the council.

I guess the price of a seson ticket next season .Will be set by who owns the club during the close season .Mr nob head is still got his name over the door .Then its any guess what the price will be .If the concortium are in then there maybe a small reduction to get mopre fans on board to generate cash flow match days .But somehow i fear the price will take a small rise .

There is a deep historical dislike to that lot up the road, even though we rarely play them the rivalry from our side against them is very strong more than any other club even Southend!
I've always thought that the Col U rivalry was much more driven by us than Colchester anyway. A bit like the Dagenham rivalry... all of a sudden we are their big rivals but until recently I can't recall many people giving a **** to be honest.

I've always thought that the Col U rivalry was much more driven by us than Colchester anyway. A bit like the Dagenham rivalry... all of a sudden we are their big rivals but until recently I can't recall many people giving a **** to be honest.

There are some Colchester fans who see Southend as big rivals but there are many more who have a deep dislike of Ipswich, it goes back a long way to the 50s and before! Yes Southend is a rival in terms of being the best performing club in Essex and if we come down this season I am sure it will be pretty intense just like it was with Wycombe and Colchester back in the day when we were battling it out in the Vauxhall Conference. It would be very lively if it played out like last time with only one going up and we beat them on goal difference:Hilarious:https://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/NonLeagueTables/Con1991-92.htm

There are some Colchester fans who see Southend as big rivals but there are many more who have a deep dislike of Ipswich, it goes back a long way to the 50s and before! Yes Southend is a rival in terms of being the best performing club in Essex and if we come down this season I am sure it will be pretty intense just like it was with Wycombe and Colchester back in the day when we were battling it out in the Vauxhall Conference. It would be very lively if it played out like last time with only one going up and we beat them on goal difference:Hilarious:https://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/NonLeagueTables/Con1991-92.htm
Your first 5 words are highly debatable..

I think the Colchester rivalry was ramped up In the late 90s and 00s as we had not played them for years. Then we had the LDV southern final games and race to the league 1 title.

All of that added to drama of it all.

For me, I think the games against Orient seem to have a bit more spice.

Back