• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

£390 is steep for any League 2 club.

That is your opinion, but obviously the club disagrees. Club has to cover its costs or at least try to do so, then it will fix the prices where it feels will maximise its income.

Currently 515 euros for my Espanyol season card ticket( roughly equivalent to the West Stand only with a much better view,no annoying pillars))for Primera Liga football.Cheapest season,250 euros(equivalent to the North Bank).

My son, who’s 15 and was the reason that I started going to SUFC for some father and son bonding time, has now had enough of league 2 football. A mate of mine took me to Fulham a couple of months ago because his friend couldn’t get to a game. The football I saw was terrific – one touch and on the floor. I was amazed when he told me the season ticket prices. When I told my son about it he wanted us to switch. Reluctantly, to preserve the times with my him, I have bought season tickets for the two of us in the family stand at Craven Cottage. £399 for me and £95 for my son. He gets a home shirt thrown in too. I’m sorry to transfer over and will keep following the Blues, attending big games if I can, but the sad fact is that if I kept up my season ticket I’d be going on my own.

Agree it's a great deal, and I wouldn't want to criticise anyone who wants to spend time with his kid, but I wouldn't feel like this myself. No matter how bad the football, I don't feel I have an option to go elsewhere - Southend are my team. I just have to stick with then until it gets better.

Also, there's a reason premier clubs are cheaper. It's easier for them to discount, as they have other revenue streams such as sponsorship and Sky TV, so are not as dependent on what fans pay on the gate. Clubs like Southend are VERY dependent. It will cost more to watch Southend than Fulham for the same reason a loaf of bread costs more at the local bakers than in Tesco.

Fulham is a lovely little club who play nice football and charge great prices. As rlb999 said though, they have that freedom to charge low prices because of their huge income.

Even then they're one of the most in-debt clubs in the country. You have to think that they'll be screwed when Al Fayed steps away from them.

I'd interested to know how successful the Bradford City season ticket policy is. It gets plenty through the gate and I assume they make more as result through sales of food, drinks, shirts etc. I suppose their advantage is that if they do well they still have plenty of room for the casual supporter.

Their 50/50 card is a interesting idea, 50% off for £50, so £10 per game. Again I'm not sure we could be that generous.

Bradford have sold 3,714 to date I think. Which aint great considering the price. No doubt they will get a lot more come pay day. But the cheap offer ends at the end of the month. So I think their crowds will be down quite a bit next season...

Im not remotely interested that the premier league clubs get x amount from sky etc .

The fact is there are people getting to watch a much higher level of football than league two , but for the same price .

If you go into you local corner shop to do your weeks shopping and it costs £50 , but you can get a better service options at tesco down the road for £40 its stands to reason that the masses will head in that direction .

Quality versus price will always win through. Even more so when the economy has gone tits up.

£20+ to watch basement football is criminal, but we go because we love the club and enjoy being out of the house and away from the mrs or work for a few hours.

Unless we are challenging for the auto's from the off i can see some really low crowds next season if the budget id reduced further.

But if we cut prices that means cutting income which means a lower budget which means cutting the quality of the squad which means poorer results which mean lower crowds. It's catch 22.

Im not remotely interested that the premier league clubs get x amount from sky etc .

The fact is there are people getting to watch a much higher level of football than league two , but for the same price .

If you go into you local corner shop to do your weeks shopping and it costs £50 , but you can get a better service options at tesco down the road for £40 its stands to reason that the masses will head in that direction .

Quality versus price will always win through. Even more so when the economy has gone tits up.

£20+ to watch basement football is criminal, but we go because we love the club and enjoy being out of the house and away from the mrs or work for a few hours.

Unless we are challenging for the auto's from the off i can see some really low crowds next season if the budget id reduced further.
Why do you think that the corner shop doesn't charge the same price as them? It's because they are smaller and so can't afford to charge the same price. If they charge £10 more for a weekly shop then they may not get as many customers, but ultimately it means they stay in business. It's the same with a league 2 club.

....Far too much to pay for the garbage that Sturrock serves up. West Ham is around 500 quid for a far better spectacle playing the likes of Man City etc.

You do realise that West Ham fans have been complaining all season about the terrible style of football Alardyce has been playing right ?

....Far too much to pay for the garbage that Sturrock serves up. West Ham is around 500 quid for a far better spectacle playing the likes of Man City etc.

...it was a rough estimate and the football will be at least 6 times better!

You do realise that West Ham fans have been complaining all season about the terrible style of football Alardyce has been playing right ?

He plays the same way Sturrock does. :dim:

Doesnt matter if you are interested or not, its basic economics.

The premiership clubs are massively subsidised by the money they get from the league, they dont have to survive of their gates like we do.

On one hand you are saying that the prices we charge are too much and in your next breath are saying we will get lower crouds if the budget is reduced.

If we reduced the ticket prices the budget would reduce even more.

£17 for a football match really isnt criminal, it can cost £12 to go to the cinema, a pint can cost a fiver in some places.

Bradford have sold 3,714 to date I think. Which aint great considering the price. No doubt they will get a lot more come pay day. But the cheap offer ends at the end of the month. So I think their crowds will be down quite a bit next season...

This must be their 6th season down at this level and although they have had the crowds they have hardly ever challenged even for the play-offs. First season in League 2 they had 17,000 season ticket holders, numbers have been dropping every season since then.

I would think that even though Bradford is a big city if it was not for the cheap season tickets then their crowds last season would have been around the 6,000 mark and looking at the poor sales so far this season they might be down to 7,500 season ticket holders season.

I wonder if we will get a cheap season ticket offer if we ever move to our new ground!

This must be their 6th season down at this level and although they have had the crowds they have hardly ever challenged even for the play-offs. First season in League 2 they had 17,000 season ticket holders, numbers have been dropping every season since then.

I would think that even though Bradford is a big city if it was not for the cheap season tickets then their crowds last season would have been around the 6,000 mark and looking at the poor sales so far this season they might be down to 7,500 season ticket holders season.

I wonder if we will get a cheap season ticket offer if we ever move to our new ground!

Yes, anyone still alive when the stadium is completed , some 60 years after planning permission was originally granted gets a holiday wearing a nice straight-jacket in the asylum of their choice.

Well Im 42 so reckon Ill qualify for a concession when it opens.

I do hope they charge a reduced amount but guess it depends on how many seats there are. 22,000 and they can drop the price get more in and still sell more when we beat Man Utd in the cups. 14,000 in a 3 stand stadium and cant imagine they will do so.

If we reduced the ticket prices the budget would reduce even more.

£17 for a football match really isnt criminal, it can cost £12 to go to the cinema, a pint can cost a fiver in some places.
Not necessarily if it results in a greater sales...but it would be a bit of guessing game for the club to pitch the price at the right level. Quite like their 50/50 deal, though I think we'd have to offer it at £120 mark to sell the tickets at £10. So you'd have to attend at less half the games to make it worthwhile.

Not necessarily if it results in a greater sales...but it would be a bit of guessing game for the club to pitch the price at the right level. Quite like their 50/50 deal, though I think we'd have to offer it at £120 mark to sell the tickets at £10. So you'd have to attend at less half the games to make it worthwhile.

We are in League Two, even reducing tickets wont pull in huge amounts of supporters on a consistent basis.

One off games at a tenner are a great promotion and was very successful, but that was a massive reduction and you wouldnt pull in that many fans every week, so you would end up with more fans, but less income.

Id love to be able to go for a tenner every week, but really dont think thats a realistic level.

The other issue is that if you do offer cheaper deals when you then have to increase at a later time there is uproar as we saw a couple of seasons ago after the club did reduce the prices (when attendances didnt result in an increase) and then increased them back to "normal" levels.

I really think we should do something like the 50/50 Flexi Deal, it makes a lot of sense with the weekday game. Also when I was season ticket holder for a few seasons, I'd always miss a few games due to holidays, illnesses or something?

I read yesterday that this is the first season since the Premier League began in which it'll be cheaper to get a season ticket at Old Trafford than it would be to buy individual seats to each game.

Back