• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has no shame. The Trust obviously took him for his word, which again proves his word is worth f-all. Slippier than an ice rink.
If they have it writing from Ron that he will sign a personal guarantee then in my non expert opinion that would be pretty good evidence in court if and when the trust need to enforce.

If they have it writing from Ron that he will sign a personal guarantee then in my non expert opinion that would be pretty good evidence in court if and when the trust need to enforce.
I cannot say that is true, as although he signed it at a debt i doubt he added the words personal guarantee.. Maybe @jphfitz could clarify that?

If Colin has an injury then he needs time to recover . From what I heard on the final throws of Saturday Colin could not take goal kicks .Was this true or not

I cannot say that is true, as although he signed it at a debt i doubt he added the words personal guarantee.. Maybe @jphfitz could clarify that?
I'm thinking maybe if there were email exchanges in advance negotiating terms or agreed meeting minutes rather than the loan document

I know it’s been discussed before and I know people will say it’s not his role/a conflict of interest etc. but at what point does Stan try and use his platform and connections to raise awareness? Surely if he cares so much it’s time to take a stand against Ron. Unless there are contractual factors holding him back, I don’t understand his silence

Back to Stan week in the blame game is it?

This is all RM’s doing, no one else should be catching any of the **** other than him.

Just out of interest, why is it always turn on Stan, as opposed to someone like John Still, or Rylee or anyone else at the Club? TL has had stick too.

Stan has explained numerous times on this.

Let’s concentrate our efforts on RM.

I think administration is the odds on favourite now, not exactly unusual for a football club, morally totally wrong but from a business point of view it makes sense. If it happens I wouldn't be surprised if the Administrator is contacted by a number of interested parties. Another faint hope is that someone comes along at the eleventh hour (3 Oct) and does a deal with the dodgy property developer.
A major major complication in any sort of administration is that the owners of RH wont be under the control or indeed have any obligation to carry out any of the administrators wishes .

I would imagine that the lease would revert back to RH Ltd if that’s the case then the mess just gets worse

This is all RM’s doing, no one else should be catching any of the **** other than him.

Just out of interest, why is it always turn on Stan, as opposed to someone like John Still, or Rylee or anyone else at the Club? TL has had stick too.

I don't remember Still, Rylee, TL or anyone else at the club tell the protesters to keep pushing for Ron to leave the club.

I didn't see Still, Rylee, TL or anyone else currently at the club go on twitter/go to the Echo with an open letter and say along the lines of, 'Ron needs to sell the club, I have buyers waiting'.

I also didn't see Still, Rylee, TL or anyone else at the club organise a fan video call asking for Ron's head.

Bloke was meant to be a saviour, even got the Mail to write an article about how he saved the club... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...e-end-saving-Southend-striker-lowly-club.html

And now he's in the club, silence as we sleepwalk into extinction.

Well not silence, COME ON YOU VILLANS!!! / 🍀🍀🍀🍀 / FORESTTTTTT / COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS.

I imagine it has something to do with how vocal he was about instigating change at the club prior to his “employment”. While he has done good work for the club in recent times, which I’m sure we’re all grateful for, his current period of silence on this whole saga has left him open to being asked questions, in my opinion.

I don’t personally think he has to justify anything, but on the face of it, I can understand people’s frustrations given his connections in the media, whether there’s a conflict of interests at play there or not. At the end of the day, there may well be no job left for him at Southend United in a few short weeks.

I still don't see how Administration is an option. And didn't the rules change a few years back to say that HMRC debt couldn't be written off by going into Admin (which is why it doesn't happen so often any more)?

I'm struggling to see how we'd be better off.

Ron clearly has no interest in any sort of deal with certain people who he has fallen out with.Wonder if admin occurred would we suddenly have new interested parties who couldn't even discuss a takeover because of past dealings with the ****.

The debenture is likely to be severely questioned given its timing and may not actually be considered by administrators.

Ron won’t be able to guarantee that he can get the club back after administration so he will lose all the “debt” built up.

The club still has zero in the way of assets, and HMRC will still need to be paid in full.

So all it actually does is get rid of some of the smaller debt and anything that hasn’t been dug up in the due diligence.

I don’t think admin is likely at all. As many have said he either negotiates on his price or eventually HMRC will just wind us up.
I was told the same a few weeks ago by an accountant friend. Neither of us are lawyers so I wasn't sure.

My friend said it might depend on whether it was issued on new or old debt. If it's old debt the courts might ignore it and see it as a deeply cynical move.

Its cyclical, next week its the trusts fault, then itll be people who dont protest, then people who go to games, then people who dont go to games, then we're back to Stan 👌

So I assume this one is all over as well now and was just Ron’s latest attempt to distract the HMRC at the last court appearance. With only 15 days to go now seems fairly inevitable we will be wound up.

The silence is deafening and it is all so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back