• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the blame and responsibility for being in that situation falls on RM only. Wouldn't blame a potential buyer .
Absolutely. Even as a fan as much as I love the ****ing club, would I wait to see if I could get it almost debt free?

My head tells me absolutely I would wait, but my heart says no I'd buy it right now debt and all.

If Administration happens would that mean the club can carry on, the embargo lifted, all debts written off and another 10 points deducted? As the club doesn't own anything substantial it can't lose anything? Ron Martin doesn't want to subsidise the club anymore so unless a buyer comes along what will be the benefit to him, why wait until now? My bloody head hurt.

If Administration happens would that mean the club can carry on, the embargo lifted, all debts written off and another 10 points deducted? As the club doesn't own anything substantial it can't lose anything? Ron Martin doesn't want to subsidise the club anymore so unless a buyer comes along what will be the benefit to him, why wait until now? My bloody head hurt.
Minus 10 is the only guarantee there.

Everything else would be down to the appointed administrator and eventual new owner to get sorted. But yes the club would carry on, you would hope a quick sale could be agreed, Ron gone or at least with no overall control, debts paid and any credit agreements put in place which allows the embargo to be removed and players signed.

If the keeper is injured as i have read somewhere .Are we not allowed to bring in a keeper for 28 days Embargo or not .
We are allowed to bring in a keeper but with conditions, such as non contract terms no better than Collins and cannot be named in same match day squad as Collin

We are allowed to bring in a keeper but with conditions, such as non contract terms no better than Collins and cannot be named in same match day squad as Collin
If Colin has a goinstrain then he is hardly going to be in the same match day squad And there must be plenty of keepers out the not attached to a club The state the club finds it self in any keeper is better than no keeper

I do wonder where that leaves the 40k Trust loan as he failed to sign a personal guarantee as promised.
Surely the trust would of had this personally guaranteed against Ron if the club failed to pay etc. I'd expect that would be the least aggressive of the 'clauses' in place?

I think administration is the odds on favourite now, not exactly unusual for a football club, morally totally wrong but from a business point of view it makes sense. If it happens I wouldn't be surprised if the Administrator is contacted by a number of interested parties. Another faint hope is that someone comes along at the eleventh hour (3 Oct) and does a deal with the dodgy property developer.

The debenture is likely to be severely questioned given its timing and may not actually be considered by administrators.

Ron won’t be able to guarantee that he can get the club back after administration so he will lose all the “debt” built up.

The club still has zero in the way of assets, and HMRC will still need to be paid in full.

So all it actually does is get rid of some of the smaller debt and anything that hasn’t been dug up in the due diligence.

I don’t think admin is likely at all. As many have said he either negotiates on his price or eventually HMRC will just wind us up.

If Colin has a goinstrain then he is hardly going to be in the same match day squad And there must be plenty of keepers out the not attached to a club The state the club finds it self in any keeper is better than no keeper
I think it's more for when the injured player recovers, it doesn't have to be automatic that the replacement player leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back