• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your exactly right. So many “I can’t make the protests due to commitments”. Funny how everyone can find 2 - 3 hours to get out the house to watch a game Saturday and Tuesday, but suddenly can’t to get up to Ron’s gaff for an hour over the course of 3 months.
Much easy to plan when you know when games are months in advance as opposed to short notice.

Much easy to plan when you know when games are months in advance as opposed to short notice.
Okay then! Everyone gets together. Pick a date. And commit to being outside his house. Make his neighbours hate him as much as we do. Make the traffic round there a complete shambles. All it takes is one joint effort and I promise you it gets 1000x the attention that a tennis ball protest ever will. We was on local and national news last time we had a big show up outside his house. Come on this is so easy to do

Okay then! Everyone gets together. Pick a date. And commit to being outside his house. Make his neighbours hate him as much as we do. Make the traffic round there a complete shambles. All it takes is one joint effort and I promise you it gets 1000x the attention that a tennis ball protest ever will. We was on local and national news last time we had a big show up outside his house. Come on this is so easy to do
It will still achieve nothing. Ron has his goal, Ron will get what he wants, whatever that is or make the best of whatever situation he is left in. He will know what he can do with either outcome. I hate it as much as the next guy but we are mere bystanders. He knows we hate him this stopped attending matches, I don't think he is overly bothered about the protests as he gets attention which he craves. SUFC may or may not crumble but doing petty pointless thimgs are not going to change the course of the HMS Ron.

It will still achieve nothing. Ron has his goal, Ron will get what he wants, whatever that is or make the best of whatever situation he is left in. He will know what he can do with either outcome. I hate it as much as the next guy but we are mere bystanders. He knows we hate him this stopped attending matches, I don't think he is overly bothered about the protests as he gets attention which he craves. SUFC may or may not crumble but doing petty pointless thimgs are not going to change the course of the HMS Ron.
And this kind of attitude is exactly why Ron will get what he wants.

But would you rather in 3 weeks time say. Yeah do you know what we tried. We disrupted as much as possible and we will not go down as Ron's little bitches? This is exactly what he wants us to do. Even if we make his life 1% harder I'm all for it

I can't imagine what's putting more people off from attending.

You haven’t attended any of them ?? But but … surely someone with as much time as you on their hands should be able to demonstrate at least once … this is what I would do... spend less time commenting on here and on how you are not happy with some of the ideas being put forward by the protest group and save all that time up and use it in one go to go to the protests.

Your exactly right. So many “I can’t make the protests due to commitments”. Funny how everyone can find 2 - 3 hours to get out the house to watch a game Saturday and Tuesday, but suddenly can’t to get up to Ron’s gaff for an hour over the course of 3 months.

Oh.

A judge said similar 2 judges ago…

HMRC would rather money from potential Aussie / council rather than making a company with no assets or value insolvent.
Sorry but you are taking too narrow a view on this.

In the overall scheme of things SUFC are small fry but they , HMRC, need not just send out the warning that they will enforce non payment but also demonstrate that they will act in their view it will prove to be a deterrent/ motivation to ensure that trading entities pay on time & without demand

The time spent on SUFC by HMRC is totally disproportionate probably to any other company of its size and almost certainly any FC and they will want the ongoing problems to cease whilst not wanting to be seen as a soft touch.

Last edited:
But would you rather in 3 weeks time say. Yeah do you know what we tried. We disrupted as much as possible and we will not go down as Ron's little bitches? This is exactly what he wants us to do. Even if we make his life 1% harder I'm all for it
I for one am not as you put it Ron's little bitch. I am however somebody who will concentrate my efforts on family rather than doing something I know will have no effect on the outcome of the club. Good for you if you are desperate to stay relevant but you would he flogging a dead horse.

So any actual update on the thread itself?

Has Justin Rees returned to the UK with bags of cash or are we just as in the dark as before?
Don’t know about you Tommy but the longer this goes on with no news coming from anyone we will be wound up in 3 weeks , surely if a deal was near there would be some news or rumours leaking out but nothing

I for one am not as you put it Ron's little bitch. I am however somebody who will concentrate my efforts on family rather than doing something I know will have no effect on the outcome of the club. Good for you if you are desperate to stay relevant but you would he flogging a dead horse.
"Desperate to stay relevant"? Okay care to explain? What I am desperate for is to have a football club to support in 3 weeks time.

"Desperate to stay relevant"? Okay care to explain? What I am desperate for is to have a football club to support in 3 weeks time.

Well as has been proven by the dozens of protests before now, protesting hasn't and isn't going to change that outcome. One man with no shame makes that decision and has shown by voluntarily admitting to lying in court on national radio that "exposure" has no effect on him either.

You can reply back "At least we're trying" or "At least we are doing something" but so far it has had the same effect as trying nothing and doing nothing. And despite it sounding like I am, I'm not slating the protesters. I applaud your passion and effort, I just don't personally see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back