• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this time i have seen no councilor saying they will take over the ground .But i did hear in the council meeting that a loan to the shrimpers trust which would go to help clear the clubs debts to the HMRC .Not once did i hear the rat ron say he will stump up the money ..All we keep hearing for that man is one lie after another . So if the git isnt going to bail the club out then i am glad someone will .And as for time scale i beleve the monet is there ready to use a t a moments notice .

At this time i have seen no councilor saying they will take over the ground .But i did hear in the council meeting that a loan to the shrimpers trust which would go to help clear the clubs debts to the HMRC .Not once did i hear the rat ron say he will stump up the money ..All we keep hearing for that man is one lie after another . So if the git isnt going to bail the club out then i am glad someone will .And as for time scale i beleve the monet is there ready to use a t a moments notice .
Not sure how an unsecured loan works or gets approved.

Forom what i heard on yestedays council meeting not one councilor opposed the idear of loaning the trust 2 million pounds of the many millons that was never used for the sea way development .2 millon is amall fry of the money they have at there disposal .

Southend united are in dire need of help to survive If the city council are in a position to help Im sure many fans would be graetful if the club survives passed oct the 4th .

SBC lend the money to pay off the debts. Then what ? We go back to plan A where Ron owns the club and builds a new stadium and a boat load of flats ?

Trust use the £2m to plug the gap between Rees and his Consortium's offer and Ron's valuation. Trust has a share in the new club and the Rat is gone and banned from ever setting foot in the ground again.
Sounds like a good solution, the only downside is the rat walks away with £2m more than any potential buyers thought it was worth …. So the real winner is RM ! … must admit that sticks in the throat a bit but I guess it’s a price worth paying to save our club.

On the plus side I can’t imagine SBC will have much sympathy for any issues he may have with future planning applications / amendments designed for his benefit.

Sounds like a good solution, the only downside is the rat walks away with £2m more than any potential buyers thought it was worth …. So the real winner is RM ! … must admit that sticks in the throat a bit but I guess it’s a price worth paying to save our club.

On the plus side I can’t imagine SBC will have much sympathy for any issues he may have with future planning applications / amendments designed for his benefit.
chairman ron can walk away with 20million if he likes just as long as he's far away from southend united i don`t give s..t how much he gets just get that man out of our club

Yes but used it as an example of Councils lending to football clubs that have gone wrong.
I get that, but I think the fact that it's a football club is incidental to the issue of this case - they allegedly just lent to people who stole the money - it could've equally been a retail, office block, face masks, airport etc investment, it wouldn't make all of investments in these asset types bad

Saw this on Twitter. Not me.

Anyone hear talksport late last night? Shaun Williamson (Barry from EastEnders) phoned in and said hes friend is on the verge of a takeover of a club more news will be announced Sunday. Obviously he didn't give alot away but he said the club was in the same league as Wrexham last season and they were in the south.(Jamie o'hara guessed Solihull and Shaun said it was much more south, and that the club weren't doing all that well) Shaun's role would be fans official spokesman and communications rep.
Could be clutching at straws here but you never know! UTS! 🦐

Anyone hear talksport late last night? Shaun Williamson (Barry from EastEnders) phoned in and said hes friend is on the verge of a takeover of a club more news will be announced Sunday. Obviously he didn't give alot away but he said the club was in the same league as Wrexham last season and they were in the south.(Jamie o'hara guessed Solihull and Shaun said it was much more south, and that the club weren't doing all that well) Shaun's role would be fans official spokesman and communications rep.
Well, Barrioke is on at Chinnery's at the end of the month; so that settles that. All aboard HMS Barry's mate.

Would be nice GSW but Barry kind of lost the plot a little when Pat Butcher ended up his step-mum.

He's from Maidstone so would assume it's them... They also had a takeover fall through earlier this year so assume they're still up for sale

Another classic rumour that everyone knows isn’t true but…

Just love the so called fans saying we would be broken hearted is Southend United was to die Finaly the council have got together in agreeing a financial package to save the club .It won't come out of the council tax payers pocket . The money earmarked for another project ie the sea way which I guess the council tax payers have already paid into So the funds are there we all wanted Ron gone What a great way of getting rid of the parasite who is killing the club ANDthe bonus is he can't afford to pass the council off because they hold all the ace's for Fossetts Farm

The longer and longer that Ratboy has been doing nothing to our club it has been stagnating and the gap between the top and bottom of the football pyramid has got bigger and bigger and bigger.

It’s going to take an enormous investment and about a decade to get back to anywhere near where we were when he took over. Even then we will be 100 times further away from competing in the Championship or top of league one than 25 years ago as the wealth gap has grown that much.

25 years ago going from league 2 to Championship was feasible in a few seasons and then staying there. Now it is virtually impossible.
When Ron took over we were in what's now L2, hopefully it doesn't take a decade to get 1 promotion

Don’t think they would have difficulty, i believe thier statement said “ if they are in a position too “ they can always say they were not able to offer what was needed or none of it. It is a very carefully worded statement.

It is also contentious i would guess to some residents who may not want to see monies that could be invested into societal issues being sent to a football club that has a recent history of being in the same position time and time again. Now that could / hopefully will change with new owners but in relation to the council I do not read it s a cast iron certainty that they will invest, so treat it with caution.

As I posted earlier saw my local councillor on the way to the statin this morning and he said there had been complaints over night and people raising such issues as roads, schools and policing if they have spare money to spend.
Some are stupid roads and schools are the problem of central government not the councils Also the money was for the seaway they wasn't moaning then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back