• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't write off the fan ownership model in the right circumstances. Exeter City are fan-owned, and have been for 20 years. Have a look at where they are.

However, it does need an unusual amount of unity of purpose in the fan base if it is to work. It wouldn't work at my club for that reason, and in my opinion it wouldn't work at yours either - at the moment.

I think your activists currently have to spend a lot of time trying to herd cats, and it does not help. Their job is hard enough, as they are trying to fight on multiple fronts :

• sorting fact from fiction
  • responding to the immediate crisis
  • thinking about life after October 3rd ( a huge project in its own right)
  • liaising with potential influential partners like AF
  • and a myriad of other things, no doubt

Given the above, I find some of the sniping at the Trust a bit disappointing. They and their partner groups seem like a resourceful and switched on bunch to me.
Some very sensible unbiased opinions there, thanks @basilrobbie . The likelihood of a fan owned SUFC is very slim for exactly the reasons you mention. Support for the Trust is patchy on the Zone as they are an easy target at times, especially when they are keeping their counsel in public for the moment. We are now at that horrible point where we (those not in the negotiating parties) can only sit and wait until 4th October, or earlier, if some sort of deal is cut before the HC date. Because of that, it is easy for some to swipe out at groups without any real rhyme or reason because that is what sometimes happens when something you love is wasting away and there is materially nothing you can do to help or change the situation.

Genuinely can't think of the last time we had positive news of the sale. July?
Think Bernie’s take on the podcast about how proper business is done before anything is said was good. I wouldn’t describe Ronald The Rat as a businessman though so argument doesn’t hold too much soiled milk.

Some might say no news is good news, but we need something positive soon otherwise we are screwed.

All the ITK's have disappeared back under their stones and no one actually really knows what is going on apart from the Rat.

Honestly think we are doomed, my opinion only and hope I am wrong. 🙏

If you are hanging onto a cliff edge with one hand, losing grip and facing certain death, you are going to accept any extended hand that offers to save you.
Not sure about that. I remember you pulled me out of your swimming pool once (after i accidentally fell in) and then I awoke in the morning slumped over a bed half naked.
Therefore, I shall be very cautious in the future who I accept help from.

Some might say no news is good news, but we need something positive soon otherwise we are screwed.

All the ITK's have disappeared back under their stones and no one actually really knows what is going on apart from the Rat.

Honestly think we are doomed, my opinion only and hope I am wrong. 🙏
There are NO ITKs apart from Ron, Tom and any prospects. Everything else is pure speculation.

You talk ****! Constant giving Martin praise aren't you, fans like you are 1 of the reasons why Southend are where they are today.
Wow. Good to know it's all my fault then and thanks for your input.
Listen, you're entitled to your opinion but you need to get your facts right. I haven't praised Ron Martin at all which, if you bothered to actually read and understand some of my posts, you might realise.
We all want the same thing here so can I suggest you cut out the personal attacks? It's hardly helpful and just makes the board even more divisive. Just because I don't share your opinion that the best way to deal with this whole situation is to boycott RH doesn't mean I'm happy with what Ron does or has done. But if you want to protest in the way you do, that's your right and your choice. It doesn't make you right and it doesn't make me wrong.
Ultimately I just want to support the team I have supported for 54 years which - in my opinion - means putting money into the club and watching the team.

Wow. Good to know it's all my fault then and thanks for your input.
Listen, you're entitled to your opinion but you need to get your facts right. I haven't praised Ron Martin at all which, if you bothered to actually read and understand some of my posts, you might realise.
We all want the same thing here so can I suggest you cut out the personal attacks? It's hardly helpful and just makes the board even more divisive. Just because I don't share your opinion that the best way to deal with this whole situation is to boycott RH doesn't mean I'm happy with what Ron does or has done. But if you want to protest in the way you do, that's your right and your choice. It doesn't make you right and it doesn't make me wrong.
Ultimately I just want to support the team I have supported for 54 years which - in my opinion - means putting money into the club and watching the team.
Sign of the times on the Internet nowadays it seems...this "agree with me or f*** off" trend is tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back