• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone that was going to watch our plight being discussed at the council meeting tonight, we are at number 17 on the agenda. This means that if the earlier points overrun it might not get heard this week, so don't get your hopes up too much, but there is still a good chance the motion will be discussed.

Neither Justin Rees nor Ron Martin have said much about their dealings at all, at least in public.

I wouldn't assume all is doom and gloom just because we haven't heard anything.
Why tell the supporters any updates many have spent a lifetime following the blues so don’t worry about giving them any news good or bad only needs one to say yes talks are still ongoing

For anyone that was going to watch our plight being discussed at the council meeting tonight, we are at number 17 on the agenda. This means that if the earlier points overrun it might not get heard this week, so don't get your hopes up too much, but there is still a good chance the motion will be discussed.
For any of those unfortunate enough to listen to those council meetings would agree that they are about as useful as an ashtray on a moped.

Half of them look like they're on borrowed time and would be found out very quickly in a private sector type environment so I have zero hope of anything worthwhile happened on agenda 17 tonight.

Why tell the supporters any updates many have spent a lifetime following the blues so don’t worry about giving them any news good or bad only needs one to say yes talks are still ongoing
Its really difficult. There is I believe at least one WhatsApp Group where ITKs share stuff amongst themselves. I'm not on it BTW (not least because I'm not ITK). Where they, no doubt feel able to be very much more open. Due to confidentiality, we were getting very partial stuff, with all the important bits often missing, and that just led to frustration. Plus when suggested things didn't happen when expected, that same confidentiality prevented sharing why...a hiding to nothing for the ITKs...

So here we are....

The one thing I would say is at least Justin Rees is out in the open, not hiding behind the sofa. He is in the open and at least apparently wants to get it done.

But then apparently there is another bidder. Again whilst we are plainly allowed to know JR's name this other bidder is another secret. I hope JR is successful- these other bidders are secret because they want to be able to disappear having never been "in sight"- it doesn't, to me, indicate the same level of commitment shown by JR...

So we’re down to 3 options really:

1) He can and will pay it
2) He won’t pay it and will go for another adjournment, a guarantee of this happening is if he did get the ten points back on appeal
3) Doesn’t pay and we’re wound up, this would make his development sketchy and cause many issues for him (let alone angry fans)

Not great is it?

Its really difficult. There is I believe at least one WhatsApp Group where ITKs share stuff amongst themselves. I'm not on it BTW (not least because I'm not ITK). Where they, no doubt feel able to be very much more open. Due to confidentiality, we were getting very partial stuff, with all the important bits often missing, and that just led to frustration. Plus when suggested things didn't happen when expected, that same confidentiality prevented sharing why...a hiding to nothing for the ITKs...
I don't get the constant hiding behind the NDA's etc, if people in that group have been told information then it either doesn't fall as part of the NDA so there is no reason why everyone can't know or the NDA has been broken by telling them so it's just an excuse to make a few people feel like they are better than everyone else.

I am of the opinion that Ron doesn't want to sell completely but to have other investors alongside so he can fullfill his goal at FF.
It seems that Justin cant or wont be the outright investor so in the meantime we are all sweating on the outcome.But I understand Justin has said he won't let the club die.Yet again as supporters we are all left in the dark,just wish someone would say something to reassure the fan base what is happening

This whole "JR has said he won't let the club die" stuff is nice and all, and I appreciate the sentiment and effort, but it's really not in his control.

The latest rumours are that he's still seeking outside investment and that there's no agreement with Ron on terms yet. What if Ron triples the asking price and no further investors come on board, is he committing to paying it regardless?

I'm grateful for his efforts, but the idea that he "won't let the club die" is taking things a step too far, I'm sure he'll do his best but whether it's enough who knows.

This whole "JR has said he won't let the club die" stuff is nice and all, and I appreciate the sentiment and effort, but it's really not in his control.

The latest rumours are that he's still seeking outside investment and that there's no agreement with Ron on terms yet. What if Ron triples the asking price and no further investors come on board, is he committing to paying it regardless?

I'm grateful for his efforts, but the idea that he "won't let the club die" is taking things a step too far, I'm sure he'll do his best but whether it's enough who knows.
Quite. A benevolent Australian we'd never heard of a fortnight ago pledging to pay the bills if the takeover hasn't happened is nice and all but it's a stretch...and who can blame him if he doesn't.

So we’re down to 3 options really:

1) He can and will pay it
2) He won’t pay it and will go for another adjournment, a guarantee of this happening is if he did get the ten points back on appeal
3) Doesn’t pay and we’re wound up, this would make his development sketchy and cause many issues for him (let alone angry fans)

Not great is it?
This will have zero impact re the WUP. Imagine- we are winding you up-- no you can't because we got our points back. No. It's completely irrelevant to the court. Completely. Getting the points back may make us more attractive to a buyer. But to the court it simply makes zero difference.

The only reason another adjournment will happen IMHO is if a deal has been done and there is sufficient evidence that it gives the court it will complete in short order (and the adjournment would be similarly short).

Re paying it if its because a sale has happened great.

If its him trying to pay it off then HMRC re this WUP is what, £190k now? Can he come up with some sort of agreement with the other creditors? part payment for now? My big worry is a supplier like Emersons can simply join the petition on the day.....and he is not in a position to magic up cash to settle unexpected claims on the day... There again he's found bigger sums before...

The whole thing is a nightmare...

I don't get the constant hiding behind the NDA's etc, if people in that group have been told information then it either doesn't fall as part of the NDA so there is no reason why everyone can't know or the NDA has been broken by telling them so it's just an excuse to make a few people feel like they are better than everyone else.
Often the information will be covered by NDA, a the party leaking are doing so precisely because they can't get the information out directly, but want it out there to advantage their position. In which case the ITK is a post box and we are only hearing what the original source wants us to hear. It's partial.

Of course, as JR shows, its perfectly possible to be named as a potential buyer and so those that want to be hidden in the background are there by choice.

We have another 26 days, 22 hours and 15 minutes before we are back up in front of the Beak. A shed full of stuff could happen in that time. For example It takes about 19h 20m to fly from London to Australia and about 3 days for a spacecraft to reach the Moon, so 23 days is a long time to do stuff in. It may well be that radio silence means good things are happening. It could also mean that negotiations have gone Pete Tong. The bottom line is that nobody has a formal need to tell us diddly. So assuming it's all going to end in tears is as wrong as assuming we will be bought and all is well. We just don't know, and have no formal right to know.

For any of those unfortunate enough to listen to those council meetings would agree that they are about as useful as an ashtray on a moped.

Half of them look like they're on borrowed time and would be found out very quickly in a private sector type environment so I have zero hope of anything worthwhile happened on agenda 17 tonight.

I think p.ssing into the wind is the correct term. I wouldn’t be surprised if Labour weaponise the councils past neglect of Southend and it turns into a proper pre GE bun fight.

Mind you unless the 🐀 first finds half a bar by the end of the month it’s all pie in the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back