• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess we have to hope and pray that Justin will have a busy and successful couple of days trying to persuade HMRC, e-on, Emerson's etc to agree repayments terms in order to get more of their money back and trust him rather than Ron. If he can do that then we should at least be able to sign up the non contract players. Unless he is working on another plan but can't see what that would be.
I guess one thing he could say is that the next hmrc WUP is around the corner to latch onto, should ron not complete the sale or he pay the bill

Putting to one side the discussion about the validity of the penalty re HMRC non-payment we have already been subject to the 10 point penalty to be applied for non-compliance re the license. The penalty could have been applied at any time during the season.

So we are back now to the normal penalties applicable for further offences. For HMRC that means continuing embargo, and non payment of Football Creditors that means points deduction.

I think this is what it means but hopefully it’s now mute anyway.
The wording of the press release is poor particularly the section b)

I guess it’s a classic” They know what they mean”

It would have been helpful if we had sight of the conditional license because that would have clarified exactly what the sanctions were.

Non payment of HMRC debts aren’t necessarily the reason for an Embargo it’s for failing to comply with aTTP with them but its also because of aWUP.

Well I guess we have to hope and pray that Justin will have a busy and successful couple of days trying to persuade HMRC, e-on, Emerson's etc to agree repayments terms in order to get more of their money back and trust him rather than Ron. If he can do that then we should at least be able to sign up the non contract players. Unless he is working on another plan but can't see what that would be.
E-on as well? I thought it was N-power

So the sale is happening and the new guys have made a good impression on all , they have had meetings with the management , players and TL to the point where it’s gone far beyond what was expected .
Funds have been made available to pay off some debts and wages and players have been sign subject to the announcement.
However TL is not in the country right now and the expectation is for the takeover announcement to be later next week rather than Tuesday

So the sale is happening and the new guys have made a good impression on all , they have had meetings with the management , players and TL to the point where it’s gone far beyond what was expected .
Funds have been made available to pay off some debts and wages and players have been sign subject to the announcement.
However TL is not in the country right now and the expectation is for the takeover announcement to be later next week rather than Tuesday
Why does TL need to be in the country?

It's as it was on Friday. HoTs not quite signed yet as a few things to iron out with WUP creditors first. I understand that is going reasonably well. There is a decent chance that HoTs can be signed before Tuesday which would lead to HMRC being paid and the petition dismissed, although perhaps not full completion of the sale quite yet. If things can't be ironed out with all WUP creditors then administration is likely. The race is still on. Good reason for cautious optimism, but as ever when it comes to SUFC, it ain't done til it's done.

Am I to assume the three 'new' players we've taken on will become permanently contracted or do we have others lined up?

Would
Am I to assume the three 'new' players we've taken on will become permanently contracted or do we have others lined up?
assume both otherwise we will still only have a squad of 16. Would expect 4/5 players coming in within a few days of embargo being lifted you would hope. Know there is constant dialog with potential new signings and has been throughout the embargo, just the names have changed as

If we get out of the mess then I am sure Brooklyn will be given a contract, and promptly.
Not sure on Vilhete, think he’s about as good as we could get on a non contract basis, so filled a hole.
Martin, I would assume not (as a player).

What I was told was that a sizeable amount has been paid to sort out the most urgent issues we were facing .
JR has been in to see the players and to give them some reassurance and to outline his actions .
It’s looking increasingly likely that Ron will be gone soon but still some issues to be sorted before the announcement, as stated it looks like Tuesday is a little too soon but there is a lot of positive vibes coming from who I was chatting too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back