• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the money put into escrow by JR can be used by the club (not Ron) to pay any WUP debts.

Surely this is only necessary though if the deal isn't to go through prior to 4 October. Unless JR is saying the deal can't go through until the WUP is cleared?

How would this work?

Escrow is putting money into the hands of a third party to hold pending the fulfilment of a condition.

I’m not sure how that applies to this.

If the money is held in escrow it can’t be used to pay off HMRC.

At most it can be used a proof of funds if we’re seeking another extension.
Heard that it would be used as proof of funds to satisfy the courts that:

a) they're available.
b) potentially enable an extension to be granted while the sale of the club/assets completes.

I hasten to add that these are rumours I've heard from a few folk I trust, nothing more. I'm also aware as @kentblues points out that HMRC is merely one slice of the club's debt pie.

should re-name RH to The Kevin Maher / Darren Currie / Mark Bentley Legends Stadium
The Kevin Maher stand

I’ll chime in here, if we’re recognising club legends, Paul Sturrock deserves equal credit.

He single-handedly put together a whole squad from scratch, who were registered the day before the season began. He delayed non-league football by 11 years.

He also led that team to Wembley & missed out on automatic promotion by 1 point.

Legend in my eyes. I hope the new owners can invite him back so we can celebrate him properly.

Heard that it would be used as proof of funds to satisfy the courts that:

a) they're available.
b) potentially enable an extension to be granted while the sale of the club/assets completes.

I hasten to add that these are rumours I've heard from a few folk I trust, nothing more. I'm also aware as @kentblues points out that HMRC is merely one slice of the club's debt pie.
And for the period of any further adjournment Kev and the team remain royally screwed in case all parties have, as is usual, overlooked them...probably they are nearing the end of what realistically they can cope with given the NL's absurd restrictions....and who is going to pay nPower the day before? All out in the wash I guess.

If you want to pre-order a half decent Aussie beer to drink a toast to our new Aussie owner with should this actually happen then Stone & Wood Pacific Ale is available to order online.

Just not Fosters or XXXX people, have some standards

would love to see spitfire sold on draft at the ground. Not only a decent bitter and lager but embodies the players staff and supporters fighting spirit in this hopefully ending soon saga

So just for some clarity, is JR proposing to take on (pay) all of the other debts too? We don't just owe HMRC next week, that's only £275k of it. We owe over 1.5m more to creditors too. For the WUP to be withdrawn, we have to pay all debts. So is it 50:50 for all of the debts or only 50:50 for the HMRC debt?

It sounds as if mr reed is one swewed cookie .Where as the rat man lead Kamra up the garden path .Some how i donrt think he will get away with it again .Lets hope this deal is finaly going to get done And the club can move forwards .

Has anything been said by the potential new owners about their plans for the football side of things - this being Southend United Football Club after all?

It’d be interesting to hear of their plans for timing to get back up the leagues - we all want to get out of this league as soon as possible and start pitting ourselves against the Harrogates and Salfords of this world don’t we?

Has anything been said by the potential new owners about their plans for the football side of things - this being Southend United Football Club after all?

It’d be interesting to hear of their plans for timing to get back up the leagues - we all want to get out of this league as soon as possible and start pitting ourselves against the Harrogates and Salfords of this world don’t we?
G’day sir. This season mate. Bonza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back