• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly can't please everyone, just trying to keep fans in the loop.

I was told the player signed by a reliable source.

As it stands, I'm told he still has signed for us. As I said, "hearing" he will be in the squad for the game last Saturday. I do not know why he wasn't in the squad, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were issues registering him as a result of the embargo, or for instance, if the league insisted Taylor be named on the bench despite having food poisoning.

If the player ends up signing elsewhere I'll send you my apologies 👍🏼

LS, as he always is on transfer bits and pieces, is spot on.

The problem has been registering him, as @Yorkshire Blue has pointed out this isn’t the first time this has arose.

As it stands, he has signed a deal with us and once the never ending embargo is released, he’ll be one of the first through the door. If there is any loophole where we are able to register someone else, it’ll be him.

Only way this doesn’t happen is if he losses patience with the whole situation.

I agree, it is extremely difficult for us to piece together the scraps of information that reach us and make sense of them, particularly when we are unsure of their accuracy or validity.

At one time I was confident the development and commissioning of the new training ground was the key to getting building work under way at FF. I thought freeing up the B&L site, enabling construction to commence there, would give Martin a cash flow to pay at least some of the club’s debts and begin the stadium build. It seemed a logical step in the sequence of a phased development to me, but for whatever reason (probably Martin’s source of funding ran dry) the new training ground stalled, and we know what has happened since.

There are so many facets and different parties involved it is probably difficult even for those on the inside to have a full grasp on how to unravel this muddle, so we as outsiders have little hope of piecing together a clear picture when devoid of the full facts.

Of course, both Martin and Rees will be concerned about protecting their own interests, totally reasonable in any business transaction. However, if I am correct in thinking the relocation of the football club, to free up the RH site, is at least part of the exceptional circumstances put forward as a reason to develop on green belt land, Martin and Rees may not be able to reach an agreement. Perhaps JR would be persuaded to leave RH in due course if Martin makes a gift of a new stadium to him. Who knows?
Well of course also depending on the outcome here at risk is SCC hopes for all the new housing going up in smoke as well- 1,500 homes to be built elsewhere except it can't be green belt? alternative sites on a post card?...allegedly the traditional way to overcome the problem, as well as the quickest, is to invest in a seat next to the secretary of state at a dinner....

If Ron can't build on FF without building a stadium there then what has been suggested about JR and the consortium staying at RH and developing it long term simply wouldn't happen.
So it seems to me either:
1. RM & JR must have a high degree of confidence that RM will be allowed to build without the stadium at FF. And have received encouragement to believe that.
2. The plan is to actually still go with a stadium at FF, and once that project starts to free funds so monies will flow back to JR but only for remedial work on the RH stadium (BTW zero chance of Ron gifting any new stadium at FF).
3. All aforementioned parties are idiots and have been wasting their time for the last 10 weeks.

Those that know London Shrimper know his sources and can verify. No one more so than @BoyWonder2

he stated that Ron and Justin had met yesterday and now been confirmed
regarding Brooklyn signing @boywonder has explained the situation, he has been seen at training for a few weeks and also in the gym photo posted at the weekend
Regarding Dackers, he was very close to signing but obvs our situation is not normal and for whatever reason that fell through
Mooney leaving - there were many that said he was unsettled. But kev and co have worked with him and he is still at the club and arguably put in some of his best performances this season since joining

You can believe what and who you wish, but this morning you have been proven wrong

Wasnt Ron making a statement last week? Maybe things are moving so he doesn't want to put out a statement that will be quickly out of date
Err! He was going to make a statement last week and the week before and two months ago he was going to make a statement on the Monday after he had spoken to his very close friend the right honorable James Dudridge

What is the point of your posts? A lot of what he says is right. If you prefer a world where you get no “gossip” stop looking at social media and await updates on the official website. Or if you still want to look at social media, assume it’s rumour until you see it as deal done.

That’s the same for everyone who challenges ITK folk when things don’t work as they expected.

Those that know London Shrimper know his sources and can verify. No one more so than @BoyWonder2

he stated that Ron and Justin had met yesterday and now been confirmed
regarding Brooklyn signing @boywonder has explained the situation, he has been seen at training for a few weeks and also in the gym photo posted at the weekend
Regarding Dackers, he was very close to signing but obvs our situation is not normal and for whatever reason that fell through
Mooney leaving - there were many that said he was unsettled. But kev and co have worked with him and he is still at the club and arguably put in some of his best performances this season since joining

You can believe what and who you wish, but this morning you have been proven wrong
From the outside it looks like Mooney is actually enjoying his football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back