• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having had a career of over 40 years as an architect, I can tell you that your observations in respect of the planning issues are spot on. It is definitely not a simple matter of saying SUFC will remain at RH so there will be no stadium at FF and SCC will agree to housing in its place to balance out the potential number of new dwellings the RH site would have provided.

I have not read through all the planning documents relating to FF, I have perused so many over my working years that since I finally retired last year I no longer have the desire to do so. However, from the viewpoint of a planning officer/inspector, the relocation of the stadium from RH would free up a brown field site not too distant from the city centre. It would be ideally located for the provision of much needed residential units and fits perfectly with the national planning policy framework. In my opinion, this would have been the incentive/exceptional circumstances to permit the FF development within green belt land. The football club remaining at RH, again in my opinion, jeopardises the previous planning consent for FF and a revised scheme swapping the stadium for residential would probably have to be referred back to the secretary of state with no guarantee of approval. It is no doubt why Martin has been digging in his heels over still providing a stadium at FF.

Someone on here mentioned that JR or one of his team must have had discussions with the politicians and SCC planners to seek out the feasibility of their aim to remain at RH and provide Martin with the compensation of developing the FF stadium site with dwellings. Well yes, they may well have done, but politicians would have little say on the matter, particularly if it does not accord with the NPPF, and planning officers will never give assurances about a proposal until an official application has been submitted and it has gone through the full planning process. Too many times in the past I have received encouraging words from planning officers only to receive a refusal notice once an application had been formally considered.

We all know the battle Martin has had over the years to secure planning consent on FF. So, for a prospective purchaser of the football club to rock up and appear to want to remove a fundamental element of that hard won approved scheme is not likely to be easily accepted by the vendor. It just feels incredibly sad that our football club is intrinsically linked with this whole bloody mess.
These are all good observations from someone who has an understanding of these matters. The challenge for most of us is we are trying to make sense of what we are told.

The circle to somehow square here is a number of parties are involved in discussions on the way forward, nor just Ron and the JR consortium but also SCC, leader of SCC, the two MPs, ST et al.

We are told in this thread the deal structure on the table is JR consortium buys the club and RH, and then Ron feeds back funds to bring RH up to a standard out of the proceeds of the FF development (and savings from not having to build the new stadium).

So then, as I say, we have a circle to square with your observations re. FF. And BTW its not must of had discussions. They have had. So something doesn't entirely add up for us mere supporters looking on and trying to make sense of it...

Wasnt Ron making a statement last week? Maybe things are moving so he doesn't want to put out a statement that will be quickly out of date

Sounds positive... RM going to JR not the other way round and there has been no rebuttal of the earlier JR statement or any elements of it so presumably we can take that at face value and that is the sort of deal we are inching towards... maybe.
This seems similar to when Ron was chasing Larsson around Europe. Maybe a really good sign this.

In fact its 90 minutes away might mean he was hoping they could go to the emirates lol

Ah yes, because everything London Shrimper has said has been true.

I loved our new signing from Billericay on Saturday as well.

Clearly can't please everyone, just trying to keep fans in the loop.

I was told the player signed by a reliable source.

As it stands, I'm told he still has signed for us. As I said, "hearing" he will be in the squad for the game last Saturday. I do not know why he wasn't in the squad, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were issues registering him as a result of the embargo, or for instance, if the league insisted Taylor be named on the bench despite having food poisoning.

If the player ends up signing elsewhere I'll send you my apologies 👍🏼

My neighbour is a sports journalist for The Telegraph. We’ve discussed our plight for some time and he’s finally persuaded his editor to run the story. He hasn’t written it but has been badgering them for a long time on my behalf.

Nice one and good badgering!

I wonder, did this persuasion finally pay off after the tennis balls, rats and protest march?

Ah yes, because everything London Shrimper has said has been true.

I loved our new signing from Billericay on Saturday as well.

We’ve signed plenty of players in recent years we’ve been unable to immediately register because we’ve been under an embargo.

Theo Vassell, Paddy Osadebe, Ollie Kensdale, Simeon Akinola, Sam Hart…. could go back to that whole Sturrock 2010 squad too. Kabongala is just the latest in a long line.

Yesterday as it goes was our one year anniversary of being under embargo. We rushed into sign Blondy Nna Nouka before we would go into an embargo we still haven’t emerged from.

These are all good observations from someone who has an understanding of these matters. The challenge for most of us is we are trying to make sense of what we are told.

The circle to somehow square here is a number of parties are involved in discussions on the way forward, nor just Ron and the JR consortium but also SCC, leader of SCC, the two MPs, ST et al.

We are told in this thread the deal structure on the table is JR consortium buys the club and RH, and then Ron feeds back funds to bring RH up to a standard out of the proceeds of the FF development (and savings from not having to build the new stadium).

So then, as I say, we have a circle to square with your observations re. FF. And BTW its not must of had discussions. They have had. So something doesn't entirely add up for us mere supporters looking on and trying to make sense of it...
I agree, it is extremely difficult for us to piece together the scraps of information that reach us and make sense of them, particularly when we are unsure of their accuracy or validity.

At one time I was confident the development and commissioning of the new training ground was the key to getting building work under way at FF. I thought freeing up the B&L site, enabling construction to commence there, would give Martin a cash flow to pay at least some of the club’s debts and begin the stadium build. It seemed a logical step in the sequence of a phased development to me, but for whatever reason (probably Martin’s source of funding ran dry) the new training ground stalled, and we know what has happened since.

There are so many facets and different parties involved it is probably difficult even for those on the inside to have a full grasp on how to unravel this muddle, so we as outsiders have little hope of piecing together a clear picture when devoid of the full facts.

Of course, both Martin and Rees will be concerned about protecting their own interests, totally reasonable in any business transaction. However, if I am correct in thinking the relocation of the football club, to free up the RH site, is at least part of the exceptional circumstances put forward as a reason to develop on green belt land, Martin and Rees may not be able to reach an agreement. Perhaps JR would be persuaded to leave RH in due course if Martin makes a gift of a new stadium to him. Who knows?

We’ve signed plenty of players in recent years we’ve been unable to immediately register because we’ve been under an embargo.

Theo Vassell, Paddy Osadebe, Ollie Kensdale, Simeon Akinola, Sam Hart…. could go back to that whole Sturrock 2010 squad too. Kabongala is just the latest in a long line.

Yesterday as it goes was our one year anniversary of being under embargo. We rushed into sign Blondy Nna Nouka before we would go into an embargo we still haven’t emerged from.
Kabongolo has been training with us and was sat at the end of my row in East block A on Saturday for the Fylde game. He must be in the building in some way, shape or form even if not registered.

Agreed the rat has no really feelings for anyone except a pound note which is why many (rightly) have gone down the avenue of making it clear that any future investments that him and his family are involved in will have serious pushback from us fans.

If he believes we are serious (100/% we are) then this will make it think again before any decisions that would destroy our club anymore and that includes administration and death.

We should need SBC and the authorities so let him know the same and he will then be forced to stop ****ing about.
Plus , whatever the Council's good intentions to help are at this stage, if the worst happens , we would hold them complicit in any Rat building on FF. Just one bloody brick and we should make it clear in no uncertain terms that we will hold them responsible for letting it happen on their watch .

I don't care if we hear "but we did this , did that , we tried etc " . Not a single councillor should be voted back in .
Turnouts are pitifully low at local election level , with sometimes just hundreds deciding if a council seat is held. Our supporter base would wipe them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back