• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I’ve been trying to say similar. JR is effectively looking for money to take this off RM in the longer term. To be honest. I would have thought he’d be entitled to more than £5m if it enables houses only at ff
Ok i stand corrected But cant see tight wad ron taking that offer up .

I disagree. HR has a true soft spot for SUFC as do/did many ex West Ham players. In fact I'd prefer HR as he at least knows the game. I couldnt give a flying f**k about any so-called dodgy dealings in the distant past. Good luck to him. I'm ONLY concerned with the continued existence of SUFC

There is a handful of people I want to stay away from SUFC, that group of people includes Redknapp & Simon Cox. Terrible opportunists with terrible business minds.

It’s bad enough that we’ve enticed the used car / weight shakes merchant back to the club.

There is a handful of people I want to stay away from SUFC, that group of people includes Redknapp & Simon Cox. Terrible opportunists with terrible business minds.

It’s bad enough that we’ve enticed the used car / weight shakes merchant back to the club.
Can't comment on Cox but can you give me an example of HR's "terrible business mind" ? I don't think he's ever owned a club before ? Also, do you honestly think he'd be interested in SUFC as a business proposition for some reason ?

I disagree. HR has a true soft spot for SUFC as do/did many ex West Ham players. In fact I'd prefer HR as he at least knows the game. I couldnt give a flying f**k about any so-called dodgy dealings in the distant past. Good luck to him. I'm ONLY concerned with the continued existence of SUFC
Harry Redknapp is a truely awful man and it would be liked curing cancer then getting AIDS if Martin went and he came in

It’s not rubbish. It is proposed that, the deal JR wants to make happens involves allowing RM to do FF just for housing and not requiring the “must be a stadium” clause to be completed within the contract. This means there is a lot more profit in the development as more housing for Ron and for the privilege JR and consortium want X amount back from RM towards future improvements and developments at RH because RM won’t have to throw £40M down a black hole at FF. Makes a lot of sense for RM.

But also then doesn’t get to develop Roots Hall out for housing?

Can't comment on Cox but can you give me an example of HR's "terrible business mind" ? I don't think he's ever owned a club before ? Also, do you honestly think he'd be interested in SUFC as a business proposition for some reason ?
HR's idea of business at QPR was to spend as much as he could on players too expensive or past their sell-by dates.
He then leaned on a goalpost while Kevin Bond did all the coaching, and then bleated at Championship press conferences there weren't enough in attendance to stroke his ego.
Later, he declared he treated 'all people the same'. I can categorically refute that.
We know he got in Ron's ear which was why we ended up with both Bond and Mark Molesley.
HR would no more invest in SUFC than will Ron Martin.

The extra housing he could get into FF, would be HUGE! Compared to RH. If there was the whole of the retail area and stadium to develop etc.

Most simple thing to do is. RM sell to JR consortium for £1. Hand over RH and new training ground for free. If they can prove cash flow for the club and investment.

And RM walks away into the sunset, and delivers FF under any guise he wants.

Last edited:
The extra housing he could get into FF, would be HUGE! Compared to RH. If there was the whole do the retail area and stadium to develop etc.

Most simple thing to do is. RM sell to JR consortium for £1. Hand over RH and new training ground for free. If they can prove cash flow for the club and investment.

Yeah and that sounds like a fair deal 😂😂

The extra housing he could get into FF, would be HUGE! Compared to RH. If there was the whole do the retail area and stadium to develop etc.

No wonder Ron is rejecting these offers…

Yeah and that sounds like a fair deal 😂😂

Why doesn’t it? If they’re asking RM to hand £5M back from the development of FF, to fund improvements to RH and training ground. That RM wants £4.5M combined for? It’s a trade off, of £500K?

This allows RM to not have to cover current outstanding debts? Which he doesn’t want to do?

Also allows him to not hand over £5M when he develops FF.

It also may allow him the opportunity for fans to not stand opposed to the FF development and try and block it, knowing he has done the right thing?

If he wants £4.5M for ground and training ground. But consortium want £5M for allowing development of FF. surely just have a trade off, get the deal done and everyone is satisfied?

Why doesn’t it? If they’re asking RM to hand £5M back from the development of FF, to fund improvements to RH and training ground. That RM wants £4.5M combined for? It’s a trade off, of £500K?

This allows RM to not have to cover current outstanding debts? Which he doesn’t want to do?

It also may allow him the opportunity for fans to not stand opposed to the FF development and try and block it, knowing he has done the right thing?

If he wants £4.5M for ground and training ground. But consortium want £5M for allowing development of FF. surely just have a trade off, get the deal done and everyone is satisfied?

Just to add, this is no real difference to what most modern day developments have in terms of community assets, centres, schools, retail shops etc.

The developer would either build something to the value of, or hand a payment over to the value of to get something built. For instance a school.

Look at Colchester as an example. Huge new estates all around it. With brand new schools, small community shopping areas. All paid for or built by the developer.

Zero difference in what JR is asking for.

The fact this makes sense guaranties that Mr Martin will dismiss it as an unacceptable option.

RM would be laughing. Even at that press conference he was suggesting having to lose £20m out of the FF to build a stadium (minus a sale price).

An earlier poster suggested that if your house is run down then that is taken into account for the sale price. Agreed. The fundamental difference here is that the whole FF development, which is the money maker, is enabled because of SUFC. This is why Ron bought SUFC. If Ron doesn’t do this deal (and to my mind drop SUFC more like £20m out of his profit) then he shouldn’t be allowed to make build the flats. It’s such a shame there isn’t more land like FF in Southend - JR could just buy that, do the deal with the council - take the money for himself and the club. This would properly screw the rat leaving him with £30m of debt on land that is no longer viable to build on - so his £40m valuation hits the floor and he’s done.

Anyone know if it’s feasible to build a stadium where those training pitches are? And build training pitches just outside of Southend?

So he hands over two assets on day 1 for £1 and in addition also gives the club £5m as part of the sale for Roots Hall improvements/works. Seems fair.

Yes. Or he doesn’t get PP to build 1500 homes at a massive profit way in excess of this.

But according to everyone on here Ron Martin is skint and has no money?? How is he going to give the club £5m before his made his money on houses at FF?

So he hands over two assets on day 1 for £1 and in addition also gives the club £5m as part of the sale for Roots Hall improvements/works. Seems fair.

What is not fair about it?

He is then, free to go and develop FF, without anyone getting in the way or need for a new stadium.

Open your eyes a bit, and you’ll see it’s complete common sense to do so.

If he wants £4.5M for the stadium and training ground, but they want £5M for stadium improvements. Simple contra the deal. RM hands over the assets, no future cash to change hands and RM can develop FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back