• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just spent close to two hours reading planning officers submissions made at the time of the FF planning decision my guess would be unless there has or will be a significant change of the National Planning Guidelines around the Green Belt that there is no way that permission will be granted for just housing at FF.

Throughout the officers reports the location and designation of the site as greenfield could only be overcome due to a set of “very special circumstances“

There were six of them from my back of the fag packet assessment five of them wouldn’t be relevant without a new stadium and the sixth is in itself was more a statement along the lines Housing is needed”

One thing I had forgotten was that the phase 1 build when completed can trigger other elements only require a stadium capacity of 13983

The initial enabling work at the time was estimated to cost £30 million that has almost certainly grown that work was to be funded by a loan which would be repaid as residential dwellings were delivered.

I thankfully can’t get into the mind of RM but we all can suspect the tap has run dry and whilst as I said before in theory he could move the development of FF on by way of building a stadium there but if I were a betting man I wouldn’t put a £ on anything happening there before planning consent lapses

Would also explain why he attended a Court hearing a few months back on development on green belt land

If Ron puts us in administration can he or his son then buy back the club cheaply and if so would the FA be able to stop him under the fit and proper test ?

If Ron puts us in administration can he or his son then buy back the club cheaply and if so would the FA be able to stop him under the fit and proper test ?
Unlikely he’d pass the fit and proper persons test.

But also bear in mind administration is just the club. It has zero assets. So he probably wouldn’t bother anyway

if RM passed a fit and proper test then seriously the people in charge need to be shot ,hung ,drawn and quartered and their body parts hung on the 4 corners of England .

Thanks JP and I agree. It just doesn't make sense business wise for a buyer to do a deal before our next court appearance IMO. Morally yes, it is a horrible thought that local businesses would lose out. But if you are a businessman, it's necessary collateral damage unfortunately isn't it?

I'll continue to hold out hope that someone (Be it the Aussie or someone else) puts together an 11th hour rescue package that is acceptable to Ratty. But like you, I fear Administration is perhaps even more likely than a sale now.
I don't know where to put this post but I have to say that I live in hope.
I have doubled up on my lottery tickets for the next 3 draws.
If the big one comes up.. We are saved.

if RM passed a fit and proper test then seriously the people in charge need to be shot ,hung ,drawn and quartered and their body parts hung on the 4 corners of England .
Has anyone ever failed a fit and proper owners test? seems like all you have to do is be able to write your name to pass

I don't know where to put this post but I have to say that I live in hope.
I have doubled up on my lottery tickets for the next 3 draws.
If the big one comes up.. We are saved.
If you win can you not just buy us, but employ someone to follow Martin around and aggravate him with really trivial stuff, like walk into him in the middle of an empty car park?

With very little time left It's about time th council stood up and flexed there mussels. A couple of weeks ago they voted to help save the club .Well it seems very little has happened So maybe it time for them to tell the rat Either sell up your forget your nice new stadium as it won't happen if you let the club fall

With very little time left It's about time th council stood up and flexed there mussels. A couple of weeks ago they voted to help save the club .Well it seems very little has happened So maybe it time for them to tell the rat Either sell up your forget your nice new stadium as it won't happen if you let the club fall

You do know the council have no actual power over a private business? They can't tell Ron to do anything...

Reactions: GBJ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back