• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what we don't know, but I doubt after 10 weeks of talks, the consortium would just go in way below asking price at this stage. They must know who they are dealing with and know he's not going to accept that.
It's more likely that they've upped their bid to meet (or get close to) his valuations, but then added the bit about "but then you give us some of that money back so we can fix RH up a bit".

I reckon they'll do a deal where they meet somewhere in the middle (probably closer to Ron's ask if I'm honest), then pull a rabbit out of the hat with regard to Ron being able to build houses all over FF, and the council/government making some sort of loan to improve RH.

I still think though that the long game is to move us into a new build on a brown field site, thus freeing up the Roots Hall site for housing and multiple millions of return on their investment.

It's more likely that they've upped their bid to meet (or get close to) his valuations, but then added the bit about "but then you give us some of that money back so we can fix RH up a bit".

I reckon they'll do a deal where they meet somewhere in the middle (probably closer to Ron's ask if I'm honest), then pull a rabbit out of the hat with regard to Ron being able to build houses all over FF, and the council/government making some sort of loan to improve RH.

I still think though that the long game is to move us into a new build on a brown field site, thus freeing up the Roots Hall site for housing and multiple millions of return on their investment.
You would think if all the "helpers", who are saying all the right things, are genuinely focussed on delivering tangible outcomes, rather than avoiding blame, there is a deal to be done. Wish I were confident this is the case....

It would be determined by the insolvency practitioner appointed to the administration. The deed of priority if it exists will determine who can appoint the administrator.

Ultimately the only person who can put us into administration i believe is Ron. Should he chose to do that it could end up being worse for him as their may be many more questions around the legitimacy of the information in the accounts.
Or a floating charge holder, notwithstanding that is also Ron in this case. But just for clarification.

Would be keen to know what any of the ITK's predict will be the outcome come 4th October. It's clear a deal won't be struck so it's either admin or bust in my eyes at least. Only other viable option would be the council pay off the debt to HMRC.

I think as a minimum it would be a huge huge gamble from Ron. He’s struggled for 25 years to build a ground WITH a club, there is next to no chance of the council to agree to it if he wiped out the club.
Planning is a law unto itself. When you think think you grasp the rules than something happens which makes you scratch your head even more.

From memory the planning consent deals with the possibility that it may not be SUFC that played at a new stadium. So I just can’t see on what basis the planning consent would be changed that is unless he , RM, gets the plans for a smaller stadium approved.

You need to factor in the presumption nowadays is with the developers and unless there were some proof of underhand / illegal dealings then based on everything I read suggests to me if he pushed on with his plan to develop FF with a stadium and housing then I think that SCC planners would be very reluctant to refuse redevelopment of SH if FF development proceeded

If SCC do reject planning almost certainly ( based on agreements already in place ) it would be going to appeal and the costs of such an appeal would in all probability fall to the council to pay

I think the point about the timing of the charges is indeed a fair point and its possible that they are “ disallowed”

If they are there then you open up the question re any actions taken by someone said initially to have qualification to do so by virtue of a floating charge, such as appointing or making application to the court to appoint an administrator and would any action taken by an IPA to ignore be correct if that same IPA should not have been appointed ?

This could be a massive minefield and any challenges would be made by the administrator who will want paying and on day two or three will be looking at outcomes in terms of estimated costs and what that would mean to creditors

Thank you for your thoughts WS

It would be determined by the insolvency practitioner appointed to the administration. The deed of priority if it exists will determine who can appoint the administrator.

Ultimately the only person who can put us into administration i believe is Ron. Should he chose to do that it could end up being worse for him as their may be many more questions around the legitimacy of the information in the accounts.

Thank you for your thoughts SB

Planning is a law unto itself. When you think think you grasp the rules than something happens which makes you scratch your head even more.

From memory the planning consent deals with the possibility that it may not be SUFC that played at a new stadium. So I just can’t see on what basis the planning consent would be changed that is unless he , RM, gets the plans for a smaller stadium approved.

You need to factor in the presumption nowadays is with the developers and unless there were some proof of underhand / illegal dealings then based on everything I read suggests to me if he pushed on with his plan to develop FF with a stadium and housing then I think that SCC planners would be very reluctant to refuse redevelopment of SH if FF development proceeded

If SCC do reject planning almost certainly ( based on agreements already in place ) it would be going to appeal and the costs of such an appeal would in all probability fall to the council to pay
I guess what I’m saying is that enough folk think FF is not going to happen. It’s taken 25 years to not happen.

Ron has a potential out if the council bends to allow him to build housing. If he’s ruined the club, then he’s going to finish himself by chasing his dream.

Really is time for him to wake up and smell the coffee. He had ambition, but couldn’t quite pull it off. Take the exit and leave with a few quid - otherwise the club goes down and ron will follow.

I guess what I’m saying is that enough folk think FF is not going to happen. It’s taken 25 years to not happen.

Ron has a potential out if the council bends to allow him to build housing. If he’s ruined the club, then he’s going to finish himself by chasing his dream.

Really is time for him to wake up and smell the coffee. He had ambition, but couldn’t quite pull it off. Take the exit and leave with a few quid - otherwise the club goes down and ron will follow.
I think the real question is .. does RM get planning permission on green belt land without a stadium which would benefit the community. If no, that would explain his clinging to the FF dream. Trouble is, can Martin EVER deliver a stadium there. He’s had 20 years to do so. It’s beyond a joke.

I think the real question is .. does RM get planning permission on green belt land without a stadium which would benefit the community. If no, that would explain his clinging to the FF dream. Trouble is, can Martin EVER deliver a stadium there. He’s had 20 years to do so. It’s beyond a joke.
Yes. But the council won’t give him that surely.

Unless a deal is struck that he contributes £x to do up roots hall. That seems to me to be what JR is angling for.

Having just spent close to two hours reading planning officers submissions made at the time of the FF planning decision my guess would be unless there has or will be a significant change of the National Planning Guidelines around the Green Belt that there is no way that permission will be granted for just housing at FF.

Throughout the officers reports the location and designation of the site as greenfield could only be overcome due to a set of “very special circumstances“

There were six of them from my back of the fag packet assessment five of them wouldn’t be relevant without a new stadium and the sixth is in itself was more a statement along the lines Housing is needed”

One thing I had forgotten was that the phase 1 build when completed can trigger other elements only require a stadium capacity of 13983

The initial enabling work at the time was estimated to cost £30 million that has almost certainly grown that work was to be funded by a loan which would be repaid as residential dwellings were delivered.

I thankfully can’t get into the mind of RM but we all can suspect the tap has run dry and whilst as I said before in theory he could move the development of FF on by way of building a stadium there but if I were a betting man I wouldn’t put a £ on anything happening there before planning consent lapses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back