• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to look at this rationally, I guess it’s possible that Scally was there purely on an invitation from Tom Lawrence? I assume they know each other quite well.

What could he have gained from his visit, considering Ron wasn’t even there last night?

I has to wait for an hour for my wiffe to come out from having tests at our local hospital .And as i sat there i was getting more and more angry with the thought that the club i have supported since i was 12 .And on the 30th of sptember i will turn 70 .So ive supporteed my club for twice the amount of time that Ronny the rat has owened the club .So before he shouts the odds that he has owened the club for 25 years .Some of us have supported the club for a dam site llonger .and i would like to be able to support them for many more years .So do the right thing and take the offer on the table you greedy git .

if 502 more houses can be built on FF without the extra cost of additional infrastructure to deal with a stadium on match days plus not having to suffer the cost of building a stadium (thought planning for current FF housing was passed).
This must considerably outweigh what he would lose by not developing RH into 502 flats.
surely this balance in Ron's favour can be used towards the amount he wants to sell sufc and the debts.
Yes. This is the nub.

Oversimplified, but he wanted to build 1000 homes at ff + 500 at roots hall. His costs would have been the home build cost, a wrap of infra and a new stadium.

If that were changed to say 1300 homes at FF and to contribute less to a refurb of RH than building a stadium, then it is a good deal for Rat.

Potential blockers I can see off the bat:
He may need money up front - the “sale of roots hall” - does this give enough ?
He will need planning for FF without a stadium - this is where the council come into it
JR will need assurance that he gets his redevelopment money - is this transfer of ownership of some homes for example?

I think the point that has not been discussed much is that development around the new stadium was effectively an enabling development - allowed on green belt land because it enabled the development of sporting/community facilities.

Without the new stadium, what’s the justification for all those houses? All it’s enabling is Ron and his family’s fortunes.

I can quite understand the consortium saying if you’re not building a new stadium with the profit from the houses then you need to plough an amount into the redevelopment of the existing sporting facilities which not being fit for purpose was the justification for the new stadium and the consequent need for enabling development (first shops and then houses) in the first place.

The rat wants his cake and to eat it, but can’t have it both ways.

For the Aussie to put out a statement like this, it looks like he is exasperated with Ron. We know the feeling.
As ive said all along, just my view, its the fans that can force Ron's hand. Looks to me thats what Reece is asking for as well.
Keep coming up with ideas to pressure Ron to sell. We have a couple of weeks.

It is time to unite as fans. In the ground i see unity, not so much elsewhere. We are leaky. Can we match the passion shown by everyone at the club? He has GOT to go, but he dont want to let go. You really want to go National League South or lower? You really want extinction? Its happening ! One or t'other without a pot to **** in.

When you see the padlocked gates of Roots Hall in 3wks, you cant find our club on Livescore, trying to recoup your season ticket payment.
When you got to explain to your family why youre not going to football this week.
When you look your kids/grandkids in the eye and explain.

**** all that. Help the Trust, help the Protest Group, lobby anyone you can.

I has to wait for an hour for my wiffe to come out from having tests at our local hospital .And as i sat there i was getting more and more angry with the thought that the club i have supported since i was 12 .And on the 30th of sptember i will turn 70 .So ive supporteed my club for twice the amount of time that Ronny the rat has owened the club .So before he shouts the odds that he has owened the club for 25 years .Some of us have supported the club for a dam site llonger .and i would like to be able to support them for many more years .So do the right thing and take the offer on the table you greedy git .
Ive always imagined you online as a spirited early 20 something, ha thats funny, go on boy you kick like a mule !

I think the point that has not been discussed much is that development around the new stadium was effectively an enabling development - allowed on green belt land because it enabled the development of sporting/community facilities.

Without the new stadium, what’s the justification for all those houses? All it’s enabling is Ron and his family’s fortunes.

I can quite understand the consortium saying if you’re not building a new stadium with the profit from the houses then you need to plough an amount into the redevelopment of the existing sporting facilities which not being fit for purpose was the justification for the new stadium and the consequent need for enabling development (first shops and then houses) in the first place.

Yes. If the figures posted on here previously are correct, the council withdraw PP, or refuse PP or redesignate back to green belt and he has £32m of debt mortgaged against land worth nothing like that. That’s him dead. He needs to build on FF

For him to accept JRs style of offer, he needs the council to agree to allow just housing. He can’t accept it and not get houses built. If that does happen it’s about the numbers.

No…. The name mentioned to me is Paul Scally.
I can’t actually believe it myself

Hence my post to see if those really in ITK like Cricko have heard the same.

If it had come from a trusted source i would have said so but with some on here deliberately posting fake news i don’t want to add to the misery.

Sorry if that wound some insecure people up but it wasn’t a “I know something you don’t post”

It was more I have heard something that’s very worrying and hope it’s not true post.
that really would be out the frying pan into the fire like you said, but wouldn't be surprised, with some deal between the two so Scally just fronts and gets a fee for his troubles and Rat gets to see everything just not in his name. Scally is a horrible horrible man. Remember once when I was working the door for the executive entrance he tried to barge his way through into the tunnel and I stopped him, threatened to have me dealt with by his people and that I didn't know who I was stopping and talking to.

I remember a clip when the Rat was speaking to protesters outside his house where he said the protests were putting off potential investors and he mentioned one being a 'friend'.

This clarifies the situation

When would a pre pack administration be used?

A pre pack administration is a complex insolvency procedure and tends to be fairly costly, meaning it’s generally suited to medium to larger companies.

It can be an appropriate course of action in circumstances where the company’s ability to trade faces a severe threat.

For example, it may work well if a company is threatened with a winding up petition (although it’s not allowed via an out-of-court route if a petition has already been issued), or if a major supplier or client withdraws their support.
Thank you for that clarification. I gather from it he could still go the pre-pack route then with the court's permission and no objections from the creditors involved in the WUP. Is that correct?

Yes. If the figures posted on here previously are correct, the council withdraw PP, or refuse PP or redesignate back to green belt and he has £32m of debt mortgaged against land worth nothing like that. That’s him dead. He needs to build on FF

For him to accept JRs style of offer, he needs the council to agree to allow just housing. He can’t accept it and not get houses built. If that does happen it’s about the numbers.
On the basis that consent has been granted what would be the grounds to withdraw PP ?

I have played through another scenario and it’s not good

1) RM doesn’t agree to a sell of the shares in the FC ( that’s all he is selling )
2) He pursues the FF development as is and builds a stadium to green book standard either in line with the current PP or the revised application if that’s agreed ( my guess he would go to appeal if the planning committee turned it down) and it would be likely he would win if there wasn’t a planning basis to turn it down
3) He then applies to redevelop RH the basic conditions re a new stadium having been complied with.

He , RM, doesn’t really have to do anything that he doesn’t want to nor in reality can anyone as things stand reverse things that have already been agreed .

RM still holds all the cards re RH and FF the statement clearly reflects the frustration that the consortium must be feeling and that is the worry

Except SBC want the housing and this enabling development concept is relatively easy to kick into the long grass. The country is full of large developments in green field where it fits the the local government plan, and residents at FF would be delighted if the stadium wasn’t there. The enabling development piece was more about funding and getting Housing England involved. It’s a shame refurbishing the stadium can’t also be seen as an enabling development (indeed why can’t it?)

It is jam tomorrow and needs commitment from the council to support- after all for the consortium to accept future investment tied to FF monies they would want reasonable surety it will happen.

There really ought to be a way all the parties involved can reach a solution here. Less c**k waving and more talking. Again the requires SBC / local MPs to deliver something concrete as opposed to words of comfort.

Ah ****. I saw a nice car with the number plate SCA11Y pull into the car park at about 7.10ish last night. Thought nothing of it until now.
Pointless going to the game, why disclose yourself?. Would have been better sneaking to 'The Rats' lair, for personal talks. Obviously all depending on whether Mrs. Rat would open the door to him, or attempt to throw numerous tennis balls ( accumulated from Mon evening ) at him creeping up the front path?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back