• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no legal background Whatsoever, but wondering if there are any legal avenues here. Any precedents towards forcibly removing
his ownership, neglect of position, unfit director, unfit human etc. Has anyone looked into this? At the very least he's spat in the general direction of the ndas that have been signed.

Yes we have - and I know one shareholder has written to Companies House

Good statement and makes a few things clear. That explains some of the bits I didn't get about the deal but we need to find out more as there are still so many ifs and buts.

One thing I will say.....If what I'm told is true the man leading the alternative consortium won't go down well with us fans. Frying pan into fire comes to mind.

I'm sure others on here have heard the same name so they can let the rest of you know.

Protest or not.
Everyone should be a spectatre on Saturday. Fill the ground to capacity. Show the prospective buyers what can be achieved.
I am really sick to hear the foul language.
Can those who have no respect, kindly note that there are young children in the stadium.
Thank you
You can’t expect to go to football and not hear any “foul language” to be honest mate.

Looking at this from Ron’s perspective -sorry but it needs to be done.
How far away is the offer? We all want him to sell but none of us know how ‘reasonable’ the offer is.

Ron wins - he doesn’t have to build a stadium
Ron wins - he now has more land to potentially build more houses/flats.
HOWEVER
He loses - he does get to build flats on roots hall
He loses- he now has planning permission for absolutely nothing.

In the background has/would the council agree planning permission in principle for houses/flats to go where the stadium would go.

With regard to fossets- is Ron taking a huge Risk in a deal of this nature without cast iron guarantees from the council on planning ( which I assume is actually impossible)

I must admit that( with a non SUFC hat on) asking Ron to fund work on roots hall does sound like taking the ****. It’s the kind of thing he would ask for.

It would be interesting to know the numbers, two sides to every story. Of course Ron’s answer will be totally biased/ factually incorrect but we need to hear the details from the buyers to understand how “reasonable” their offer is

Last edited:
I have seen reference made in some of the posts to a pre-pack administration taking place, but my understanding is that a pre-pack is not permitted after a WUP has been issued. It is therefore too late for that action. Following the previous court hearing and now knowing a sale will not occur before 4th October, as I see it, Martin is left with only two options to avoid the company being wound up. Either settle the debts for which the WUP has been issued or put the company into administration. As others have said, the latter of those is the most likely and since he holds a floating charge against SUFC he gets to choose the administrator.

I am only making this point to avoid any confusion. If any of the above is incorrect I am happy to be put right by those with more knowledge and experience in the field of insolvency.

Looking at this from Ron’s perspective -sorry but it needs to be done.
How far away is the offer? We all want him to sell but none of us know how ‘reasonable’ the offer is.

Ron wins - he doesn’t have to build a stadium
Ron wins - he now has more land to potentially build more houses/flats.
HOWEVER
He loses - he does get to build flats on roots hall
He loses- he now has planning permission for absolutely nothing.

In the background has/would the council agree planning permission in principle for houses/flats to go wheee the stadium would go.

With regard to fossets- is Ron taking a huge Risk in a deal of this nature without cast iron guarantees from the council on planning ( which I assume is actually impossible)

I must admit that( with a non SUFC hat on) asking Ron to find work on roots hall does sound like taking the ****. It’s the kind of thing he would ask for.

It would be interesting to know the numbers, two sides to every story. Of course Ron’s answer will be totally biased/ factually incorrect but we need to hear the details from the buyers to understand how “reasonable” their offer is

Another big problem will be how long it takes for the extra PP for 500 houses on FF. Of course us fan would vote it through but the rest of the world will ask thousand questions and want funding for other community projects and traffic management etc

Even if Ron agrees the deal and gives the club RH. He won't be funding any new stands until he has his 500 extra houses in place. Or at least well under construction.

We don't want Justin/A.N.Other making the same "This time next year "statements for the next decade.

One thing I will say.....If what I'm told is true the man leading the alternative consortium won't go down well with us fans. Frying pan into fire comes to mind.

I'm sure others on here have heard the same name so they can let the rest of you know.
Jack Martin? Tom Martin? Julie Martin?

Another big problem will be how long it takes for the extra PP for 500 houses on FF. Of course us fan would vote it through but the rest of the world will ask thousand questions and want funding for other community projects and traffic management etc

Even if Ron agrees the deal and gives the club RH. He won't be funding any new stands until he has his 500 extra houses in place. Or at least well under construction.

We don't want Justin/A.N.Other making the same "This time next year "statements for the next decade.
As I said, with this deal he has planning permission for absolutely nothing, it’s not just the extra houses. I don’t understand how that can work for him.

I agree that any money from Ron won’t be incoming for years , and would you trust him?

Good statement and makes a few things clear. That explains some of the bits I didn't get about the deal but we need to find out more as there are still so many ifs and buts.

You can't tell us you have info and then not share it but happy to let other people announce it!! Talk about dangling a carrot

Some days you are positive, most days you try to find an argument with a lampost.

If i could spot anybody on here that talks around the houses without giving any definitive answers , rather than i heard, so and so said this and that, I am ITK, without actually saying anything of value, you wear the Crown in that department.

We all want good news and this is not meant as a personal slight but has to be said. Your personality of superiority gets on my Tits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back