• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I doubt Laudrup is going anywhere. Swansea are in free-fall but i doubt they'll get rid.

Freedman and Chris Powell have to be in trouble.

I doubt Laudrup is going anywhere. Swansea are in free-fall but i doubt they'll get rid.

Freedman and Chris Powell have to be in trouble.

Powell's got the backing of the majority of the fanbase around here, they're all too aware of the financial handicap he's had to work under and plenty hope that the new owner will give Powell some support. They're a striker or two light and that might be rectified in the next fortnight.

Powell's got the backing of the majority of the fanbase around here, they're all too aware of the financial handicap he's had to work under and plenty hope that the new owner will give Powell some support. They're a striker or two light and that might be rectified in the next fortnight.

As discussed in the ex shrimpers it looks like he is interested in Michael Ngoo. Wonder how he would get on at Charlton?

Wilder has a very, very odd and strained relationship with the Oxford board. They've tried to bin him repeatedly and have made life difficult for him, but credit to him he's kept quiet and has Oxford winning and up the right end of the table. Wouldn't surprise me if this is more engineering to try and get Wilder to leave of his own accord.

Just reading the BBC article and its very odd.

He might not have quit but theres clearly something going on there.

Wont do Oxford and good so good for us.

Wilder was only given yr contract which is this season so he is "dead man walking" and his board are doing similar to what happened with PS. A few loses and his gone, a few wins and promotion and then he might get another offer but transfer window closes so any new manager will work with what Wilder leaves.

Chris Wilder

Doesn't concern us, but it could in someway affect our finishing position.

Chris Wilder has left Oxford and has been unveiled as Northampton's new gaffer

That is a strange one, you would have though Oxford was the better job ?

Still it could indeed go in our favour.

That is a strange one, you would have though Oxford was the better job ?

Still it could indeed go in our favour.

Could go either way. Regardless of the impact it has on Oxford (whom we still have to play at home) it will have an impact on Northampton who we still have to play away.

It's impossible to say how it will affect us...apart from having a positive affect on both clubs (depending on who Oxford get in) we have to hope their honeymoon periods are well and truly over before we play them both.

Chris Wilder to Northampton..

Seems a very strange move to me. He leaves a club with at least Championship potential who are looking good for promotion this year, to go to a club who will never be more than L1 and who could easily be relegated out of the league. I guess lots of wonga is involved somewhere along the line!

Seems a very strange move to me. He leaves a club with at least Championship potential who are looking good for promotion this year, to go to a club who will never be more than L1 and who could easily be relegated out of the league. I guess lots of wonga is involved somewhere along the line!

Sounds more like he is being shoved out the door. Strange that a story broke saying he resigned with quotes from the chairman, only for Wilder to come out and deny it.

Wilder was only given yr contract which is this season so he is "dead man walking" and his board are doing similar to what happened with PS. A few loses and his gone, a few wins and promotion and then he might get another offer but transfer window closes so any new manager will work with what Wilder leaves.

This.

The board knew what they were doing, so he's jumped ship. Fair play to him. He seems a decent manager as well. Bit late for him to make an impact in the transfer window though?

This.

The board knew what they were doing, so he's jumped ship. Fair play to him. He seems a decent manager as well. Bit late for him to make an impact in the transfer window though?

Have you seen the size of Northampton's squad? I think if they signed any additional players they'd have to expand the training ground. It's considerably easier for managers in Leagues One/Two anyway as the loan window opens up in a number of weeks and you can just tinker with the squad at that point as well.

Back