• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Ron knows more about th current situation. No email from a fan is going to make him see anything new or help him with his business strategy...

I very much doubt he is sitting in bed tonight thinking, “ah, thank **** everyone emailed me today...I hadn’t notIced the fans were upset and the team were under performing. Now I wonder if there is a website where I could see a poll to see if I should replace Brown and maybe some suggestions who should be next...:facepalm:”

Is this the same RM who thinks it's important for the fans to comment on the councils website w/r stadium plans?

... LOL :smile:

Maybe the club could do a kind of 'Points of View' vlog on the website.

"We have here an email from a Mr Brain"

"Dear Ron .. I am appalled (etc.) (etc.) ...."

Perhaps the only thing worth emailing Ron for is to ask for a statement. Brown is going or Brown is staying. At least then we can discuss what is and not what may be.

My email to Ron this morning.

Dear Mr Martin,

It is with regret that I now feel compelled to write to you to discuss the current situation at Southend United. I apologise having to contact you, as I am aware that the ramblings of supporters are not that important in the grand scheme of the current developments off the field and your busy schedule in trying to deliver that.

I have been a supporter since 1986, and have seen many good, and some not so good teams, managers and players during those 32 years, however I am afraid to say I have never in all that time felt so disconnected, and apathetic towards the football club.

This all stems from the current managerial staff at the club, which quite frankly don’t seem to have a clue how to turn around the current fortunes of the team.

Last season, the club got off to a poor start, and seemed under-prepared, not match sharp, unfit and took a long time and a couple of late transfers to show any signs of potential and ultimately had a successful season. Credit to Phil Brown and the players for that, as some of the football that was played during the November to March period of last season was the best I had seen for many years.

To make the same mistakes again this year, with poor preparation, poor and late recruitment, a lack of a good pre-season was in my opinion totally unacceptable. I attended the pre-season game against Brighton, and the Brighton players looked fitter, sharper, more match fit, more alert and as if it was their players that had been in pre-season training for weeks. The actual fact was completely the opposite, and showed a lack of preparation, commitment and organisation in our football club that has been apparent for a while and has continued unabated all season.

Having witnessed a plethora of poor performance this season, culminating in the defeat at AFC Wimbledon, I decided not to return to Roots Hall whilst Phil Brown was still in charge. 32 years of supporting the club however got the better of me, and I was there in my season ticket seat for the game on Saturday against Fleetwood.

What I witnessed, was without doubt one of the worst, displays of football I have seen since the likes of Dick Bate was in charge of the team. One shot, which went over the north bank stand was the entire sum of our attacking endeavours in the first half, where long balls were pumped up to Simon Cox, on his own up front, where our 5 foot 9 forward was marked, by a dominant 6 foot 4 defender. (Oh how we could do with one of those now, maybe someone like Cian Bolger!)

Have we as a club and a team sunk so low, that the manager is having a happy week up to the 55th minute, when we are holding Fleetwood to a 0-0 draw with virtually no possibility of anything other than a defeat on the cards. A clean sheet hasn’t been kept for 9 games, the likelihood of us looking capable of even creating a chance, let alone scoring a goal was minimal, so I could only ever see one result on Saturday.

I am afraid to say that I have had enough, and I am now going to stick to my promise and not return whilst the current managerial team is still in place. I would also like a refund on my season ticket if possible unless changes are made.

The introduction of new signings may have a small positive effect on the team, however, there seems to be something wrong through the whole playing side of the club at the moment, and no matter how many players are brought in, there seems an inability to play as a team, a lack of positive desire, fitness, work ethic, and commitment in the squad, that will infect any new signings very quickly.

Somebody said to me today that we appear to be sleepwalking into relegation, and looking at our upcoming fixtures, I am afraid to say that I can’t see where the next point is going to come from, let alone the next win.

Please don’t let this happen, and make the appropriate changes that are required before it’s too late, and we end up playing Morecombe again next season, as I do not want to fall out of love with my football club.

Yours faithfully

Craig Fillary

... LOL :smile:

Maybe the club could do a kind of 'Points of View' vlog on the website.

"We have here an email from a Mr Brain"

"Dear Ron .. I am appalled (etc.) (etc.) ...."

Dear Ron,

I am Fee-yoo-rius...

Dear Mr Martin,

It is with regret that I now feel compelled to write to you to discuss the current situation at Southend United. I apologise having to contact you, as I am aware that the ramblings of supporters are not that important in the grand scheme of the current developments off the field and your busy schedule in trying to deliver that.

I have been a supporter since 1986, and have seen many good, and some not so good teams, managers and players during those 32 years, however I am afraid to say I have never in all that time felt so disconnected, and apathetic towards the football club.

This all stems from the current managerial staff at the club, which quite frankly don’t seem to have a clue how to turn around the current fortunes of the team.

Last season, the club got off to a poor start, and seemed under-prepared, not match sharp, unfit and took a long time and a couple of late transfers to show any signs of potential and ultimately had a successful season. Credit to Phil Brown and the players for that, as some of the football that was played during the November to March period of last season was the best I had seen for many years.

To make the same mistakes again this year, with poor preparation, poor and late recruitment, a lack of a good pre-season was in my opinion totally unacceptable. I attended the pre-season game against Brighton, and the Brighton players looked fitter, sharper, more match fit, more alert and as if it was their players that had been in pre-season training for weeks. The actual fact was completely the opposite, and showed a lack of preparation, commitment and organisation in our football club that has been apparent for a while and has continued unabated all season.

Having witnessed a plethora of poor performance this season, culminating in the defeat at AFC Wimbledon, I decided not to return to Roots Hall whilst Phil Brown was still in charge. 32 years of supporting the club however got the better of me, and I was there in my season ticket seat for the game on Saturday against Fleetwood.

What I witnessed, was without doubt one of the worst, displays of football I have seen since the likes of Dick Bate was in charge of the team. One shot, which went over the north bank stand was the entire sum of our attacking endeavours in the first half, where long balls were pumped up to Simon Cox, on his own up front, where our 5 foot 9 forward was marked, by a dominant 6 foot 4 defender. (Oh how we could do with one of those now, maybe someone like Cian Bolger!)

Have we as a club and a team sunk so low, that the manager is having a happy week up to the 55th minute, when we are holding Fleetwood to a 0-0 draw with virtually no possibility of anything other than a defeat on the cards. A clean sheet hasn’t been kept for 9 games, the likelihood of us looking capable of even creating a chance, let alone scoring a goal was minimal, so I could only ever see one result on Saturday.

I am afraid to say that I have had enough, and I am now going to stick to my promise and not return whilst the current managerial team is still in place. I would also like a refund on my season ticket if possible unless changes are made.

The introduction of new signings may have a small positive effect on the team, however, there seems to be something wrong through the whole playing side of the club at the moment, and no matter how many players are brought in, there seems an inability to play as a team, a lack of positive desire, fitness, work ethic, and commitment in the squad, that will infect any new signings very quickly.

Somebody said to me today that we appear to be sleepwalking into relegation, and looking at our upcoming fixtures, I am afraid to say that I can’t see where the next point is going to come from, let alone the next win.

Please don’t let this happen, and make the appropriate changes that are required before it’s too late, and we end up playing Morecombe again next season, as I do not want to fall out of love with my football club.

Yours faithfully

Craig Fillary
Very well written. I hope you get a reply but......

Dear Mr Martin,

Yours faithfully

Craig Fillary

Did you get a reply Craig?

For the first time ever, I have felt compelled to contact RM - whilst not expecting an answer, I will let you know if I do receive one.

Just a reminder that he once sacked the assistant in advance of firing the manager some months later.

I would, therefore, suggest that Graham Coughlan's job may be in greater jeopardy than Phil Brown's.

Unfortunately Ron knows how fickle supports are..8 games ago the significant majority wanted PB to stay and who is to say in 8 games they won't again...he knows the situation needs addressing and if fans find writing to him cathartic then I am sure he understands that too.

In the end in his own mind I am sure he will do what is right for the club long term irrespective. And I have no issue with such views expressed in a thoughtful and articulate way. Where I draw the line is abusing the players and manager, even during games. Such 'supporters' make matters worse not better.

Unfortunately Ron knows how fickle supports are..8 games ago the significant majority wanted PB to stay and who is to say in 8 games they won't again...he knows the situation needs addressing and if fans find writing to him cathartic then I am sure he understands that too.

In the end in his own mind I am sure he will do what is right for the club long term irrespective. And I have no issue with such views expressed in a thoughtful and articulate way. Where I draw the line is abusing the players and manager, even during games. Such 'supporters' make matters worse not better.
Absolutely, there's been some really unpleasant stuff on Twitter towards Anton.

Absolutely, there's been some really unpleasant stuff on Twitter towards Anton.

Which is pretty shameful. I suspect no-one is more disappointed than the player when things don't go right- what will absolutely guaranteed not help players play better is personal abuse. Such people are not fans and in the more serious cases they should themselves be sacked by the club and given a ban.

Maybe those who want to do something positive and love getting people the sack could direct their attention to abusive social media posters who also claim to be fans?

It would be interesting to hear if he does actually respond to any of the emails so please keep us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back