• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, here Rigsby, loyalty is, and always has been, a two way street but some of the 'supporters' on here would not see that even if you slapped them in the face with it. Save your breath my friend, when things improve you will not hear from them until the next crisis. COYBB. Keep the Faith.

Here, here Rigsby, loyalty is, and always has been, a two way street but some of the 'supporters' on here would not see that even if you slapped them in the face with it. Save your breath my friend, when things improve you will not hear from them until the next crisis. COYBB. Keep the Faith.

Certainly is a two way street - now I just need to find my 'dream club' to manage - oops sorry I meant support

Well said Blueronron, we are only 2 wins from the top half yet some of the people on here have accepted relegation already. Others are praying for failure as the have done for the years now. If was PB it would be Ron or the next manger they hate.

The real disappointing thing is the whole anti club, anti anyone positive is now going personal and people have decided to avoid the site.
Are you not suprised that people are more concerned with being 2 points away from relegation than ‘2 wins’ from the top half (we aren’t even 2 wins away from the top half because a) I can’t see 2 wins coming any time soon with our tough run of fixtures and b) 2 wins to get us into the top half would require every team above us to not win a game which is also fairly unlikely.)

Are you really in denial that much that you think people who are genuinely concerned that we’ve lost 8 of the last 9 games leading to a drastic fall to the edge of the relegation zone are just complaining about nothing because they’re ‘anti club’ and ‘anti Brown’. Nobody is accepting relegation, they are just accepting that it has become a very real risk. But you just keep your eyes closed and tell yourself we’re ‘2 wins’ away from the top half.

By the way wouldn't it be nice if some of you could drop the personal hate and say for the good of the club we will support until the end of the season and then PB can go...Just like I did as young man, even when we were relegated.

Even Rigsby would back you then. :thumbsup:

Difficult to lend support to a tacticly inept manager. A chairman who has faith in said manager and a team of over the hill players on their last pay day with literally no backbone!

Get a manager in who inspires and motivates and some players who will literally run themselves into the ground to get results and I am in.

Its not a win lose draw thing. It's a manager with no clue and players giving way less than 100% and certainly less than the money they are getting paid.

Well said Blueronron, we are only 2 wins from the top half yet some of the people on here have accepted relegation already. Others are praying for failure as the have done for the years now. If was PB it would be Ron or the next manger they hate.

The real disappointing thing is the whole anti club, anti anyone positive is now going personal and people have decided to avoid the site.

Honestly, chuck me a couple of whatever prescription you are on. You are genuinely surprised that people are more focused on our perilous position 2 points above the relegation zone with a terrible goal difference and having played more than those around us, as opposed to being just '2 wins' off of the top half?!
We have lost 8 in 9, and at no point have any of our recent performances given me any indication whatsoever that this is about to suddenly change - we are going down under the current regime, whether one offers their wholehearted support or chooses to slag off the tripe being served up at present.

Not true as I just checked and in the 2 months from Novemeber the 17th to today, traffic is actually up 22% on the site.

Interesting and I guess there's a number of factors.

Is that posts, views or contributors or a combination of all three?

Also, is it up 22% on the period September to November?

Not doubting the figures, John, but genuinely interested.

I disagree; supporting a sports team involves a level of emotional attachment quite different from other 'leisure' activities. An afternoon (say) down the bowling alley with the kids might be more reliable in terms of a fun time for all, but you just don't get the same ups and downs.

I can get seriously excited at the tought of a Turkey, and don't even get me started on how I react when I get a split.

Interesting and I guess there's a number of factors.

Is that posts, views or contributors or a combination of all three?

Also, is it up 22% on the period September to November?

Not doubting the figures, John, but genuinely interested.

To much to search and add up there, sorry Andy... I will say after another quick check tough Threads are up 12% from November to today. Threads are up 10% since September and posts over the 2 periods are just over 20% up, from 7700 in September to 9400 in the past 30 days including the Christmas period......

None of that equates to us being quieter on here, neither does it show a true picture of what it is like when the team is doing really well. I guess it is just a bad season all round.

Now if only we were on a winning run and there was sunshine in the camp, they would increase significantly as previous periods have shown over the years.

Hope that helps.

MO, John.

I'm a moderator on another forum and we often look at traffic statistics. Our site is significantly down, year on year, but peaks at certain event times or news items that spark debate.

The site is also quite seasonal, which obviously the 'zone will be, in particular.

Encouraging that posts/contributors are up. It's always been a great site for opinion and debate and hopefully some of those who don't post so much now, will return.

Despite the poor situation we are in on the field at the moment, I think there's been some really good points raised and people have stuck to the guidelines of fair posting, in pretty much all respects, in the last few weeks. :thumbsup:

I guess ours would be down from say 6 years ago (I am guessing here) but of course there are so many other avenues of social networking these days to find out news or comment on etc. Twitter for one has grown significantly over that period, but hey ho we will keep going :smile:

I guess ours would be down from say 6 years ago (I am guessing here) but of course there are so many other avenues of social networking these days to find out news or comment on etc. Twitter for one has grown significantly over that period, but hey ho we will keep going :smile:

So much easier to troll on SZ tho :smile:

In all seriousness, Twitter, FB etc aren't a patch on SZ for the real grass roots interaction between true supporters of Southend United

Last edited:

Yep, that's what's happened on the other site.

People Facebook and the like, a lot more than using a forum, though many of us prefer a forum than the one liner twitter style postings.

It allows for more reasoned debate and is easier to call up past threads and so on.

Definitely keep going, John. :thumbsup:

Yep, that's what's happened on the other site.

People Facebook and the like, a lot more than using a forum, though many of us prefer a forum than the one liner twitter style postings.

It allows for more personal attacks, name calling and downright rudeness and is easier to call up past threads and so on.

Definitely keep going, John. :thumbsup:

Edited for accuracy.

:winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back