• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Email duly sent with clear instruction on how to allay the lingering curse of Nile Ranger - sack the facilitator!

That done, I emailed him years ago to ask him to actively respect the spirits of the ancient ones over at Fossetts. He never replied to my offer of help and we all know what's happene with that little venture since.

Ron doesn't care about fans opinions. Only taking their money

Same old rubbish. If you'd put as much money into this club as he had you would be on your knees crying right now. Ron has backed Brown way behond what we all thought he could afford. Yet this is still not enough for you. Well shame on you.

Same old rubbish. If you'd put as much money into this club as he had you would be on your kneees crying right now. Ron has backed Brown way behond what we all thought he could afford. Yet this is still not enough for you. Well shame on you.

I could easily add debt to the club too. Prob not as much though. I'm far more profitable than that clown.

Same old rubbish. If you'd put as much money into this club as he had you would be on your knees crying right now. Ron has backed Brown way behond what we all thought he could afford. Yet this is still not enough for you. Well shame on you.

Well said Ronni.

Thanks Ron. Now do us all a favour, sack Brown, and then sack yourself. Ta

Thanks Ron. Now do us all a favour, sack Brown, and then sack yourself. Ta

Ron's been crap in the past but he seems to have things under control at the moment financially, I'd rather have him at the club than risk an Orient happening to us.

I'd love to but it was quite a personal email and Ron was actually nice and open in his feelings. Things may be happening in the next few days I think, he is far from happy

Ooh you little tease. I have never managed to be excited for a few days, or five minutes, before. Now I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

Ooh you little tease. I have never managed to be excited for a few days, or five minutes, before. Now I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

There was no direct mention of sacking Brown though I did suggest that this was the only way to stop relegation. The only thing I can really put on here is the following :

I shall never allow the clubs interests to be undermined; whatever the reason(s).

There was no direct mention of sacking Brown though I did suggest that this was the only way to stop relegation. The only thing I can really put on here is the following :

I shall never allow the clubs interests to be undermined; whatever the reason(s).

That boat sailed long ago.

I doubt there's much we could say to him that he doesn't already know as he rarely misses a game home or away. Only the likes of Phil Cox and co could claim to have suffered more!

I dont think theres any call to abuse RM ,he has stuck by this club and put money into it and backed his managers until he thought it was time for change ,as is his right as owner,he has not let us go the way of Orient etc ,even though at one time it was looking like we was ,he stepped in and stabilised us so that now we are probably better off than we have been for many many years.Personally it seems maybe some of you want him gone and maybe Johnson and Bate back,would be more to you liking.

What an odd thread.

Giving out the Chairman's email address to send a pile of emails to him.

I'm sure, if he wants our opinion, he can log on here.

My view on all this is very simple. If PB and RM are guilty of anything it is in the hope they gave us that that we might do something this year in that they had a real go in the transfer market and brought in a number of players who have played at a higher level and who, it was hoped, would be able to compete over the course of the season and help us secure a top 6 finish. There weren't too many people on here in August and September who, based on the squad assembled, would have believed we would be where we are in January. Truth is, for a variety of reasons, it hasn't worked out. Good news is that t he mistakes have been acknowledged and at the first opportunity (January Transfer Window) the same guys are talking about addressing it. I'm happy to allow them to do that. Yes mistakes have been made by PB. Yes a number of senior professionals have underperformed. But instead of just changing the manager I advocate going down the route of giving him the opportunity to address the mistakes that have been made in this window and if he does that there is ample time to secure a respectable finish. The whole club can look at this again at the end of the season in the cold light of day without the knee jerk emotion. Learning from your mistakes is an important part of any job. If you don't then you can have no complaints if your let go. But bearing in mind the strides the club have made over the last few years (in general) I do think he deserves an opportunity to turn things around - if he is still up for it.

Fair points 'Brett'

I think there's a few deep lying issues now, which have caused a divide in what the masterplan is.

PB seems desperate to succeed and a combination of things have unraveled, creating the current situation and we are almost playing catch up.

I thought the events of last week were a line in the sand (Nile, Lenny and so on) and hopefully would galvanise the squad to put in a backs to the wall battling performance. It sounded like we were playing fine until half-time yesterday with some youngsters doing OK, but a shocking mix-up gave away a penalty and everything felt like it was drained from us.

Confidence is key and that seems very low at the moment. Whether PB can re-install that remains in doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back