• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Rochdale 0-1 Southend United

Just not sure why after that performance from the team (and tbf, Bonne. Didnt do anything spectacularly bad, was an average performance in a job where he wasnt expected to score for us).

In a week Collin has deleted his socials for abuse...
Do you really think Bonne will be on here reading Cricko’s posts?

I don’t think what he has posted can be construed as abusive, it’s an opinion. He is a fan and thinks the player is lazy and shouldn’t be at the club, I don’t think in a results and performance sport that is out of of order.

I understand but don't believe this was called for especially after a win. Don't understand why our fans seem to want a player to fail. The DAZN commentators made this point over the "social media abuse" Colin has been getting recently.
OK agree that so far Bonne has not been great but he did show some effort and passion as an example look at how well he held the ball up at the end of the game.
Do you seriously think fans want players to fail? If you genuinely think this I personally think you’re deluded.

Normally it’s after **** poor performances or a bad attitude that fans will take that attitude. Why would any fan want a player to fail, that would mean the club also fails! Bit of an odd way to think.

Do you really think Bonne will be on here reading Cricko’s posts?

I don’t think what he has posted can be construed as abusive, it’s an opinion. He is a fan and thinks the player is lazy and shouldn’t be at the club, I don’t think in a results and performance sport that is out of of order.

Understand but would be surprised if players didn't read posts on Shrimperzone.

Unfortunately people see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear and recognise only what confirms the opinion they have already formed.

It’s what has destroyed SM with people existing only in their own echo chambers.

Bonne played his part in a very good win away from home that was completely deserved. That’s good enough for me. My belief that we can make the playoffs has been revitalised.

BTW I hasten add a general comment and aimed at no-one in particular!!

There has been a lot of premature moaning and whining about this squad and the coaches. So, with last week's hard graft at Eastleigh (we're now in the FA Cup 1st round if you haven't noticed), and now today's totally professional performance from the whole team (expertly planned by our coaching team), we are now moving towards some better consistency and league points, deservedly so.

By all means carry on slagging off some of the squad, but everyone on the pitch today contributed towards that result. Bim, for me, was a superstar in the first half, and Mr wind did the biz for the whole 95 minutes. There is obviously a place in the squad for Bonne in the opinion of the coaches, either as a starter or an impact sub. He won't be going anywhere, but he will look better as the fitness gradually builds (this may take time). And wasn't it great to see that young man Croker galloping around the midfield?.

Roll on Wednesday and Aldershot. It will be an opportunity for our chaps in navy blue to show just how knackered they are following this evening's performance (only joking).

Do you seriously think fans want players to fail? If you genuinely think this I personally think you’re deluded.

Normally it’s after **** poor performances or a bad attitude that fans will take that attitude. Why would any fan want a player to fail, that would mean the club also fails! Bit of an odd way to think.

Yes 100% - have been a supporter of the club for almost 50 years and there have been numerous examples where fans want players to fail. I think you sir are deluded if you think otherwise!

There has been a lot of premature moaning and whining about this squad and the coaches. So, with last week's hard graft at Eastleigh (we're now in the FA Cup 1st round if you haven't noticed), and now today's totally professional performance from the whole team (expertly planned by our coaching team), we are now moving towards some better consistency and league points, deservedly so.

By all means carry on slagging off some of the squad, but everyone on the pitch today contributed towards that result. Bim, for me, was a superstar in the first half, and Mr wind did the biz for the whole 95 minutes. There is obviously a place in the squad for Bonne in the opinion of the coaches, either as a starter or an impact sub. He won't be going anywhere, but he well look better as the fitness gradually builds (this may take time). And wasn't it great to see that young man Croker galloping around the midfield?.

Roll on Wednesday and Aldershot. It will be an opportunity for our chaps in navy blue to show just how knackered they are following this evening's performance (only joking).
Great post, keep the faith all

Yes 100% - have been a supporter of the club for almost 50 years and there have been numerous examples where fans want players to fail. I think you sir are deluded if you think otherwise!
Go on enlighten me. Give me examples of fans wanting players to fail? Just because a fan is vocal about a performance doesn’t mean they want them to fail.

I never liked John White, didn’t mean I wanted him to fail.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back