• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retro Shirt orders delayed

40yearsafan

Following since 1968⭐⭐🦐
Is anyone else having trouble getting orders fulfilled by World Retro?
I placed an order for my grandson 14 weeks ago. After a long delay, I had a message saying the factory producing Southend shirts has been closed due to a COVID outbreak and production was being shifted to a different factory. I was promised a further update but have heard nothing since. My last two messages to them haven't been answered at all.
Am I just unlucky or are others waiting for orders?

I placed an order for my grandson 14 weeks ago. After a long delay, I had a message saying the factory producing Southend shirts has been closed due to a COVID outbreak and production was being shifted to a different factory. I was promised a further update but have heard nothing since. My last two messages to them haven't been answered at all.
Hey mate, can you ping us a DM with the order number and will get to the right person to find out what’s going on. Sorry you have had to chase

I have used WR before & found it to be quite a quick & hassle free company.

That being said, the idea that they’ve shut down an entire factory due to a Covid outbreak sounds spurious to say the least.

Sadly, the fact that it’s gone on for over 3 months & they’re now ignoring your messages should tell you all you need to know.

If you’ve paid via credit card or PayPal, try opening a dispute with them directly, hopefully you’ll get your money back.

Yes same here. Ordered 13th July - I think it says 4 weeks, and I was thinking if lucky I could wear them at the first game of the season/early warm games. I gave it 6 weeks (as I didn't want to be THAT person!) then chased. The word was they had been despatched on 14th Aug (no idea if that was true or not) and I agreed to give it another week. Nothing arrived in the following week so I contacted again 31st August and they were going to arrange a replacement order. The 4 weeks will be up this Saturday - 11 weeks after placing the order! If nothing arrives will chase again after 5 weeks, but starting to wish I hadn't bothered!

Against my better judgement (🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺) I ordered a couple of retro shirts one night, having forgotten all about this thread.

That was 9 weeks ago, and still no shirts.

Have been offered a free shirt as an apology for the delay, and the promise to reprint and send the original ones which seem to have vanished into Narnia.

Pretty much carbon copy of this, although i'm ahead of you, and will be 3 months this weekend. Same, got offered a reprint and an extra shirt for my trouble. Was promised an update Monday but heard nothing.
Against my better judgement (🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺) I ordered a couple of retro shirts one night, having forgotten all about this thread.

That was 9 weeks ago, and still no shirts.

Have been offered a free shirt as an apology for the delay, and the promise to reprint and send the original ones which seem to have vanished into Narnia

Took 9 months for ours to arrive and that was only with the Trust getting involved! similar excuses and lack of communication!

Took 9 months for ours to arrive and that was only with the Trust getting involved! similar excuses and lack of communication!!
9 months??!! Wow even the new kit would almost be retro in that time!

Sounds like i've only got half a year left to wait now! V frustrating.

Reactions: GBJ
Thanks mate. Sorry for delay.

If anyone still has any outstanding issues please let me know I would gladly get involved.

Just DM me your name, order number and address and I will get on to World Retro.

We stopped using them directly due to these ongoing issues (and In my view lack of acknowledgement of the issues ) but still maintain some dialogue with them and hope that will be enough to help get your orders (and free shirt offers) fulfilled

Thanks mate. Sorry for delay.

If anyone still has any outstanding issues please let me know I would gladly get involved.

Just DM me your name, order number and address and I will get on to World Retro.

We stopped using them directly due to these ongoing issues (and In my view lack of acknowledgement of the issues ) but still maintain some dialogue with them and hope that will be enough to help get your orders (and free shirt offers) fulfilled
Hi @jphfitz My order went in on 13th July #61958. Initially I couldn't get any reply from them but eventually stumbled on an email address for Paul Jago. Had a number of back and forths with him, and he offered an extra shirt for my trouble. Last message i received from him was 5th Oct and he was going to get back to me on Mon 7th. Not heard anything since. Have sent a couple of 'reminder' emails but nothing. Looks like my chain has gone cold now. Be 14 weeks since i ordered on Saturday. Any help much appreciated.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back