• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quality signings

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 04 2004,17:36)]i wish pervious managers had done but yet its really downing to see the attitude on this board.
Pervious? A new word- someone who had been perverted before...

TBH, people are going to be slightly wary about someone so willing to move to a 4th Division club rather than wait for a big move up, if he's so good. But then it's a win-win. He gets more exposure, we get goals in the short term. If he moves on, well then Duds comes back. If he does well and stays, it might give the remaining forwards the kick up the arse they need to be competitive and claim their place. (something Husbands and Corbett don't seem to be...)

I would be more interested in people's thoughts today, if we secured a 0-0 draw on Saturday, or better still winning by the odd goal.

Regarding Fredy Eastwood, firstly... good luck to the lad! if he scores a few goals for us, it might provide the impetus for our other players to provide a telling contribution in front of goal & remember, when we get our noses in front, we don't usually lose, the confidence flows and our players get forward to try their luck!

Let's see what happens!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Oct. 04 2004,12:56)]Boylan is hardly setting the conference alight is he ...
I believe being joint-third with 6 goals in the Conference Scorer charts suggests that he has at least produced one or two sparks ...

WS

Blah, blah, blah... unproven..... no league pedigree..... only on loan...... just a kid.... won't solve our problems.....

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread.

Good point well made YB but I think we really need a more proven goal scorer at the moment. The lad has hardly played and will take a while to get up to speed. Surely he can't be expected to get in the first team ahead of our other 6/7 (I forget!) strikers?

Having said that, there is obviously no harm in having a look at him whilst he is on loan and maybe he will turn out to be the "next Freddy Eastwood"!

Good point well made YB but I think we really need a more proven goal scorer at the moment. The lad has hardly played and will take a while to get up to speed. Surely he can't be expected to get in the first team ahead of our other 6/7 (I forget!) strikers?

Having said that, there is obviously no harm in having a look at him whilst he is on loan and maybe he will turn out to be the "next Freddy Eastwood"!

No-one's likely to get in front of our current pairing at the moment, as they both scored and turned in impressive displays in their last outing, but the key point is that there is no harm in having a look at him.

As for a proven goalscorer, what is a proven goalscorer? Charlie MacDonald was one of just 12 players to score 20 league goals last season (if you include the conference). Like financial investments, past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

No-one's likely to get in front of our current pairing at the moment, as they both scored and turned in impressive displays in their last outing, but the key point is that there is no harm in having a look at him.

As for a proven goalscorer, what is a proven goalscorer? Charlie MacDonald was one of just 12 players to score 20 league goals last season (if you include the conference). Like financial investments, past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

ROFL i was looking for this thread top post ;)

Blah, blah, blah... unproven..... no league pedigree..... only on loan...... just a kid.... won't solve our problems.....

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread.

Exactly, how I wish there was a SZ forum or equivalent the day we signed Stan, people would have been having fits over spending £150k on a certain Mr Collymore!

Right ffs, what is it with some people on this bloody board.

His a young lad with a brilliant non league record, now we have signed him for a MONTH, to have a look at him and see if he can cut the grade, if he can't we haven't lost very much at all, his hardly on thousands now is he.

Will people please remember the nightmare of Graham Jones, There arn't a great deal of experenced goal scorers that arn't at a club. Tilly nearly got Scott Mcleash in the summer, i was gutted we missed out but at the end of the day he would have been on a big wage, and if he doesn't score the goals, ull all be on here saying oh why do we waste money on these donkeys.

His a local lad, with alot of potential, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Jeez !

(Sage words from FM13, once again)

Right ffs, what is it with some people on this bloody board.

His a young lad with a brilliant....record, now we have signed him for a MONTH, to have a look at him and see if he can cut the grade, if he can't we haven't lost very much at all, his hardly on thousands now is he.

You know, I kind of miss FM13. He's probably FM21 now, of course....

EDIT - damn you sufcintheprem :mad:

Back