• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Pre-season Friendlies

good to see Shrimpet Steve back .Did you get Wolfy safely too his destination Shrimpet, hope he was generous enough to buy the petrol for you.

I think that’s our lot regarding friendlies and even one of them looks iffy now 🤦‍♂️. Even with the embargo lifted i can’t see how we are going attract any decent new players before we kick off. No one in their right mind would join us unless they know the takeover is completed. Still to many loose ends 😢

Oh well with players now not training due to not beig paid ,we may have to ask the Southend United ladies team to fulfill our friendly matches, and if this continues much longer without the club having new owners it maybe thats the only Southend United the supporters will have to support this coming season .

Can you imagine 6000 supporters cheering Southend Unitedladies team . I know it will never happen so dont try to be smart with answers .

Make that 5999 supporters I wouldn’t cross the road to watch ladies football
Why, I think women’s football is good.
Especially when I watch the woman’s England team. They put the men’s premier ****e to shame. The woman will stay on their feet whilst the men will go down on the floor like they have been shot.
When I watch my eldest play Sunday league there are quite a few female teams also on the pitch.
They put just as mush passion into their game as anyone.
Good on em I say,

We can now confirm initial details of our pre-season friendlies ahead of the 2023/24 Vanarama National League season.

Blues will kick off against Isthmian League Premier Division outfit Canvey Island in two weeks’ time, and will conclude their preparations with a clash against EFL club AFC Wimbledon at Roots Hall.

The game at Canvey’s Park Lane will take place on Tuesday 11th July, before we make the trip to New Lodge, home of Billericay Town on Saturday 15th July.

Kevin Maher will take his team to play newly-promoted National League North side Bishop’s Stortford on Saturday 22nd July, and we round things off at home a week later against the Dons.

Ticket details for all four fixtures will be confirmed in due course.

2023/24 Initial Pre-Season Schedule

Tuesday 11th July, 7:45pm – Canvey Island (A)
Saturday 15th July, 3pm – Billericay Town (A)
Saturday 22nd July, 3pm – Bishop’s Stortford (A)
Saturday 29th July, 3pm – AFC Wimbledon (H)

Now on the OS.
These really are underwhelming friendlies. Being so close to London, and with Stan's black book he keeps talking of, this is the best we can get?

Surely a Spurs, Arsenal or West Ham under 18s outfit at home would attract more than Wimbledon.

And 3 away games against teams lower than the NL. Or does Kev think that's our standard with the squad we have remaining?

These really are underwhelming friendlies. Being so close to London, and with Stan's black book he keeps talking of, this is the best we can get?

Surely a Spurs, Arsenal or West Ham under 18s outfit at home would attract more than Wimbledon.

And 3 away games against teams lower than the NL. Or does Kev think that's our standard with the squad we have remaining?
Aruably our date in the High Court again next Wed.is more important than any pre-season game we might be involved in.

Back